Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

missing parts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
missing parts

i was looking at some evos and I just realized my evo doesnt have the two bars underneath the downpipe. I believe they are called crossbars? I recieved the car like this so I didnt realize til now. I do remember 2 bars in the trunk of the car but this was all the way back when i first bought the car a year ago and I have no idea where I put them lol. What exactly do these bars do? If I cant find my old ones would you recommend me getting factory ones or do they sell upgraded aftermarket bars?

For reference Im talking about these two black bars under the downpipe

Old Jun 26, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those two bars are there to reduce suspension deflection. Yes they do sell aftermarket ones, u just gotta search.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

pretty sure cusco makes some
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

yup search its out there.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:32 AM

those bars are probably missing because it was probably causing clearance issues with the exhaust if you have a aftermarket one. i had to remove mine because it wouldnt fit with my perrin one. but of course i could always get some washers and a longer bolt and put them back on.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

The previous owner probably took them off for clearance issues with the aftermarket exhaust.

What you can do, if you happen to find the bars again, is to buy some washers and a longer matching bolt.

Put 1-2 washers inbetween the bar and the chassis and put the matching longer bolt in, this should make the clearance acceptable.

I had this problem on the car while during low RPMs, the exhaust would vibrate and hit the bars making a *tinking* sound. Pretty annoying. Hope this answers any questions.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 03:56 PM

Yea i did the same.. washers worked perfect!!!