Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer raped me!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer raped me!

So I took my car to the dealer, they robbed me basically $200 because first hr diagnose they said the piece of **** tech needs additional time to trace the problem for all these codes. Then to find out my warranty doesn't even cover the problems that I am having with my car. The codes were P0134, 138, 234, 243.... they tried to add 2 more fake codes in there... 130 and 141.. I looked at this site http://roadraceengineering.com/evox/...l-dtccodes.htm those codes didn't even appear on there. First time they told me I was missing the BCS and now they are telling me what I'm really missing is the wastegate solenoid. Can somebody tell me where the wastegate solenoid is.. so I can do this myself, those moron dealer are just trying to get money. I also need to get both O2 sensor front and rear... apparently the one that goes to the exhaust was hacked up, at least that's what they said. I want to clear this stupid check engine light and remove the current MBC so I can start doing my own modifications.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

actually p0130 and p0141 exist, they're both o2 sensor circuit codes. your o2 sensor needs to be swapped out because yours probably broke
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

You hardley got raped. I got a car transfer case blew up after the 150 mile highway drive home and they didnt honor their 30day FULL warranty.
The codes you have are easy fixes. Take it to a diff dealer tho and get your own code reader for 80 bux. save you money xxxx times over
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:57 PM

You need to learn how to argue.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't honor the 30 day full warranty? Repeat after me : A-T-T-O-R-N-E-Y. Pay the atttorney to draft a letter and serve it to the GM of the dealership and the dealer's owner, with a copy sent to the local news station's "Scam Busters" (every station has something like that). They'll fix it.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you want "real" help, go to Advanced Auto or any other parts store and get your codes scanned then write them down. Show us your codes with the description it displays and we might be able to give you some advice on how to fix them.

So far:
P0134 - 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank I Sensor 1)
P0138 - O2 Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank1, Sensor2)
P0234 - Overboosting
P0243 "The PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the electrical circuit for wastegate solenoid 'A'"
P0130 - 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank I Sensor 1)
P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

See if you're throwing more codes.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

@ the guy with the 30 day story. Bro they have no right to deny you that.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:18 PM

Location: Killeen, Tx via Fayetteville, NC via Worthington, OH
DTC P0234: Turbocharger Wastegate System Malfunction
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
If you want "real" help, go to Advanced Auto or any other parts store and get your codes scanned then write them down. Show us your codes with the description it displays and we might be able to give you some advice on how to fix them.

So far:
P0134 - 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank I Sensor 1)
P0138 - O2 Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank1, Sensor2)
P0234 - Overboosting
P0243 "The PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the electrical circuit for wastegate solenoid 'A'"
P0130 - 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank I Sensor 1)
P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

See if you're throwing more codes.
those codes you just stated is the exact same codes I originally pulled with the snap on modus scanner. I'm not a diagnostic person so I took it to the dealer thinking my warranty would pay for the diagnostic. they told me I need to replace both o2 sensor and get a new wastegate solenoid because it was missing. but I'm not sure where the wastegate solenoid is and they originally said it was the boost control solenoid because the previous owner put a MBC in it and i assummed they took out the stock BCS as well.

yea I might not have gotten ripped off as badly as the guy above with the transmission =\ but either way they only did something that I already knew. do any of you know the part numbers for the parts that I would need to go and fix this issue? thanks
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

They said since the car still FREAKING ROLLS its not considered broken and didn't qualify as damage under warranty!!!
I called numerous times and spoke to everyone at the dealership about it and all said the same thing. I said the car makes grinding noises and doesn't work right! But they didnt care. Also I bought a 1400$ extended 1 yr warranty for the car that the said 100% covers the car how I bought it. Since my car got ***ed up on the drive home I had it at mitsu like the day after and my boy Mike said "hahah, this warranty wont cover ****!"
I called back that freaking day to cancel the warranty and they woudlnt give me my money back for the warranty. ****, I STILL DONT HAVE THE MONEY!!!!! from the warranty I cancalled the DAY AFTER I BOUGHT THE CAR!

Damn, this is getting me so fired up, I need to take a break.
I did get the car for 12k otd tho.

Last edited by 2LOFD3ATH; Jul 7, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

a flat tire rolls to.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

get a new front o2 sensor, rear o2 sensor, and boost control solenoid. the boost control solenoid is under your air filter. take off your air filter and it should be bolted down to the frame if you still have one, if not, buy one and plug it in and those wastegate codes are gone. once you get both o2 sensors, those codes will be gone. there you go. no need to go to a dealership to figure out what's wrong. the code reader basically tells you what's wrong, and then come on evom to find out how to fix it.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:02 PM

ahah yea..... I knew the codes, but I just wasn't sure if it was one thing causing all those or not. I hear the front o2 sensor go for like $250+, as for the stock BCS..... a guy on here recommended me to get a resistor for it. has anybody ever done this before? a resistor for the BSC plug.. so I don't have to get one since I'm not going to be using it anyway.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, could have all been resolved if you asked to talk to the manager. That always changes their views on things. You probably would walked out of there with some more money in your pocket and your car fixed.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo267
ahah yea..... I knew the codes, but I just wasn't sure if it was one thing causing all those or not. I hear the front o2 sensor go for like $250+, as for the stock BCS..... a guy on here recommended me to get a resistor for it. has anybody ever done this before? a resistor for the BSC plug.. so I don't have to get one since I'm not going to be using it anyway.
I wouldn't. This is a $35K turbo AWD car and not some $2K used honda. I wouldn't go cheap on parts the ECU needs for fuel adjustments.

Quick Reply: Dealer raped me!