Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP! Fighting with Mitsu *WARRANTY*

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009 | 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

The game is over for you man. I was going to fight them when I had a REAL case and a stock car, and even I didn't sue; realize that you are going up against a multi national corporation.

Fix the car on your own and go on with life.
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

O.P. = hosed.

There are countless threads with this same rationale. And Mitsubishi never pays.
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

yeap man after market parts bad bad bad
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck man.

If it's already been to the dealership, you're screwed no matter where you go. I got towed to a dealership cause my ECU fuse blew out while driving in the rain, couple months later I went to the local "mod friendly" dealership, they pulled up my VIN and every single mod down to the hole in my glove box for my ipod cable was listed. Needless to say I had 50,000 miles on the stock clutch and my 5th gear synchro started to grind. I argued with the regional server manager and he said that "the transmissions in our cars are only made to handle the stock rated horsepower". So I'm pretty sure they'll give you the same run around.

Last edited by Chukee_R; Jul 9, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 06:31 PM

ur signiture is very incriminating....no warrenty for u. Heres to the start of ur $8000 fund raiser.
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

i doubt you will get warranty to cover it. i work at a mits dealership. mits can be bad sometimes with warranties already let alone your modded. i say the only way you have a chance is to get it returned to stock and have someone you know there find a loop hole or something. its not going to be easy expecially since you did internal work.
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

thats if you have a friend there even.

bottom line, better find the money man, it sucks but that's how its going to be
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 06:57 PM

You got to pay to play. It sucks but its life.
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 07:10 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

port/coat exhaust/intake mani & hotside | ported TB | coated SS O2 | Greddy Ti-C | DC sports DP | Forge MBC | Kelford 272 | 255 fuel pump | Supertech springs/retainers | 1000cc injectors | ARP head studs | TTP Tune |

this is obviously not a "near" stock engine and you want it to be warrantied? unbelievable

FYI, no manufacturer in its right mind will warranty any vehicle with such modifications
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

If you have a bad dealer, even a simple boost controller can void your whole power train warranty. Once that information is loaded into the dealer database, you're screwed.
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

I think some of you missed this, the only inspection they did at the dealer was pop the hood and look at the engine bay. He saw a hole in the block and said it was blown. Then he said it was not going to be covered because of mods.

As far as I know, no one can tell there are cams, springs/retainers and head studs without pulling the valve cover. Also you can't tell there is porting without removing the parts.

So the only mods they know of are the coated parts, exhaust and he might of seen the MBC.

Last edited by Earthen; Jul 9, 2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Earthen
I think some of you missed this, the only inspection they did at the dealer was pop the hood and look at the engine bay. He saw a hole in the block and said it was blown. Then he said it was not going to be covered because of mods.

The only mods they know of are the coating maybe saw the MBC and exhaust.
dude you can try to switch it back and pray but i'm pretty sure your done dude, sorry to say it but i think your biting the bullet on this one man
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

So the only mods they know of are the coated parts, exhaust and he might of seen the MBC.
...until they go to fix it (if they had ever decided to)
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
port/coat exhaust/intake mani & hotside | ported TB | coated SS O2 | Greddy Ti-C | DC sports DP | Forge MBC | Kelford 272 | 255 fuel pump | Supertech springs/retainers | 1000cc injectors | ARP head studs | TTP Tune |

this is obviously not a "near" stock engine and you want it to be warrantied? unbelievable

FYI, no manufacturer in its right mind will warranty any vehicle with such modifications
+1 cant believe someone would do internals/ porting and expect to get their engine covered under warranty. sorry if this sounds harsh but you need to wake up....

Originally Posted by MTRJunior
...until they go to fix it (if they had ever decided to)
exactly, only a matter of time
Old Jul 9, 2009 | 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Are you planning to tow it home, put the stock parts back on and take it to another dealership?

Originally Posted by Earthen

As far as I know, no one can tell there are cams, springs/retainers and head studs without pulling the valve cover. Also you can't tell there is porting without removing the parts.

Quick Reply: HELP! Fighting with Mitsu *WARRANTY*