Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Style on the hood

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2009, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unsungboxer. Great post.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by S2kracka
The stock hood vent is designed to pull air out of the engine bay at speeds, adding a scoop will not only cause additional drag, it will actually hurt engine bay airflow and cause higher intake temps and engine temps.
+1 ^ that's exactly what I was going to post, does the OP even know this?^
Old Jul 18, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Lmfao.

Originally Posted by unsungboxer
not only will no one say you "can't" do it. But i think i speak on behalf of america when i encourage you to do it! After all it is the american dream, right?:

A. Start with a perfectly balanced japanese sports car. Aka your evo.
B. Voice your freedom of speech by asking the opinion of the community on a public forum, and prefacing the conversation with "i want your 'imput,' but im gonna do it anyways because im in america"
c. Disregard the input and do what you intended on doing anyways. Usually results in countless hours, ridiculous amounts of money, for mediocre results at best. Generally the response you receive is 'its different'... Which is just a nice way of saying: "its different from things that i, or people with taste like". Example: Suspenders.
D. Spend countless hours defending your decision. Flickr, facebook, evom, it usually gets posted here, but the conversations live on.
E. (the quiet step). This is where people mock you while your driving to work (to pay off your bad decision bill). Being an idealist, you see them starring at your car and assume they are checking you out. The false sense of confidence leads you to step f:
F. The "i told you so" phase (since its stage f, its also called the f u stage). This is where you publicly announce that you knew better than everyone who told you no. We do this every time we blow up fireworks on 4th of july (f u uk), every time we bang the uglier chick, and every time we try to turn our evo into a subaru by custom fabricating a hood scoop.
G. The Phase. This is when you realize that freedom of speech and expression comes with a price. In your case it is easily calculated by taking the price of your car and subtracting the damage you have done by adding hood scoop. It has the same social debilitating effect as banging the uglier chick. (see f)

in summary, you probably have a stronger fashion sense than anyone here. So your decision to move forward with american might is just and right. I can't wait until f phase, but be looking for me during e

Old Jul 18, 2009, 07:03 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts
I wouldnt mind having a small scoupe on the drivers side of the hood right near the headlight. This could be fabricated strictly for the purpose of pouring cold air into my cone filter.

Anyone have one of these?

I don't see the benefit of having a mailbox on the hood in the center like the STI's have, since we have a FMIC, not a TMIC.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:36 AM

Not only will no one say you "can't" do it. But I think I speak on behalf of America when I encourage you to do it! After all it is the American dream, right?:

A. Start with a perfectly balanced japanese sports car. Aka your Evo.
B. Voice your freedom of speech by asking the opinion of the community on a public forum, and prefacing the conversation with "I want your 'imput,' but im gonna do it anyways because im in america"
C. Disregard the input and do what you intended on doing anyways. Usually results in countless hours, ridiculous amounts of money, for mediocre results at best. Generally the response you receive is 'its different'... which is just a nice way of saying: "its different from things that I, or people with taste like". example: suspenders.
D. Spend countless hours defending your decision. Flickr, Facebook, Evom, it usually gets posted here, but the conversations live on.
E. (the quiet step). This is where people mock you while your driving to work (to pay off your bad decision bill). Being an idealist, you see them starring at your car and assume they are checking you out. The false sense of confidence leads you to step F:
F. The "I Told you so" phase (since its stage F, its also called the F U stage). This is where you publicly announce that you knew better than everyone who told you no. We do this every time we blow up fireworks on 4th of July (F U UK), every time we bang the uglier chick, and every time we try to turn our Evo into a Subaru by custom fabricating a hood scoop.
G. The phase. This is when you realize that freedom of speech and expression comes with a price. In your case it is easily calculated by taking the price of your car and subtracting the damage you have done by adding hood scoop. It has the same social debilitating effect as banging the uglier chick. (see F)

In summary, you probably have a stronger fashion sense than anyone here. So your decision to move forward with American might is just and right. I can't wait until F phase, but be looking for me during E

Brilliant
Old Jul 18, 2009, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This "scoop" is kinda cool

Old Jul 18, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Even that is dumb to me because like another poster pointed out, the stock design is used to suck hot air out. That scoop defeats the purpose and it looks out of place. To each his own I suppose, but the scoop IMO is a little fruity if it isn't on a Subaru. And we all know that Subaru is the vehicle of choice in the gay and lesbian community so if that doesn't change his mind nothing will.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Truth^
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Crazy. Part of the reason I got the evo was so I wouldn't have a hood scoop.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by big block ix
This "scoop" is kinda cool

i have the same scoop on my car. its low, nice looking and serves a purpose as a cold air intake having a tube that goes to the filter.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by wevo1985
i have the same scoop on my car. its low, nice looking and serves a purpose as a cold air intake having a tube that goes to the filter.
that is awesome,

Jul 18, 2009 05:13 AM
S2kracka The stock hood vent is designed to pull air out of the engine bay at speeds, adding a scoop will not only cause additional drag, it will actually hurt engine bay airflow and cause higher intake temps and engine temps.
Jul 17, 2009 10:03 PM
thanks for the info, didnt know that,

Jul 17, 2009 10:03 PM
evoluvinevo lol he got "pwned"
your mother got pwned when she gave birth to you

Not only will no one say you "can't" do it. But I think I speak on behalf of America when I encourage you to do it! After all it is the American dream, right?:

A. Start with a perfectly balanced japanese sports car. Aka your Evo.
B. Voice your freedom of speech by asking the opinion of the community on a public forum, and prefacing the conversation with "I want your 'imput,' but im gonna do it anyways because im in america"
C. Disregard the input and do what you intended on doing anyways. Usually results in countless hours, ridiculous amounts of money, for mediocre results at best. Generally the response you receive is 'its different'... which is just a nice way of saying: "its different from things that I, or people with taste like". example: suspenders.
D. Spend countless hours defending your decision. Flickr, Facebook, Evom, it usually gets posted here, but the conversations live on.
E. (the quiet step). This is where people mock you while your driving to work (to pay off your bad decision bill). Being an idealist, you see them starring at your car and assume they are checking you out. The false sense of confidence leads you to step F:
F. The "I Told you so" phase (since its stage F, its also called the F U stage). This is where you publicly announce that you knew better than everyone who told you no. We do this every time we blow up fireworks on 4th of July (F U UK), every time we bang the uglier chick, and every time we try to turn our Evo into a Subaru by custom fabricating a hood scoop.
G. The phase. This is when you realize that freedom of speech and expression comes with a price. In your case it is easily calculated by taking the price of your car and subtracting the damage you have done by adding hood scoop. It has the same social debilitating effect as banging the uglier chick. (see F)

In summary, you probably have a stronger fashion sense than anyone here. So your decision to move forward with American might is just and right. I can't wait until F phase, but be looking for me during E
way to much time on your hands but more power to ya.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Post of the year!
Old Jul 26, 2009, 07:35 AM

unsongboxer, that was hilarious. as for the hood scoop, it would look a little awkward with the vents in front of it. I do suggest removing the wing though. Remove the wing and take it to your local body shop to have the holes filled in. Much better look than the ricer wing style.