Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Style on the hood

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Style on the hood

i dont know if its been done, or thought of before, but i want to start fabricating a hood scoop for the evo, i want to make a seperate hood and just got at it. i want to start the mouth of the scoop, about 4 inches back from the back of the vent, im probably going to base the idea around the sti scoops. just wondering what guys think out there. oh, and i forgot i want to contrast it by taking off the spoiler. just looking for imput. but im gonna do it anyways because im in america and no one says i cant do it.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no one will say you can't do it, just that it will look ghey.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

download a C.A.D. software and go to work on there first. if you have any skills in there you will be very happy you mocked up a sim. before the actual product
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not only will no one say you "can't" do it. But I think I speak on behalf of America when I encourage you to do it! After all it is the American dream, right?:

A. Start with a perfectly balanced japanese sports car. Aka your Evo.
B. Voice your freedom of speech by asking the opinion of the community on a public forum, and prefacing the conversation with "I want your 'imput,' but im gonna do it anyways because im in america"
C. Disregard the input and do what you intended on doing anyways. Usually results in countless hours, ridiculous amounts of money, for mediocre results at best. Generally the response you receive is 'its different'... which is just a nice way of saying: "its different from things that I, or people with taste like". example: suspenders.
D. Spend countless hours defending your decision. Flickr, Facebook, Evom, it usually gets posted here, but the conversations live on.
E. (the quiet step). This is where people mock you while your driving to work (to pay off your bad decision bill). Being an idealist, you see them starring at your car and assume they are checking you out. The false sense of confidence leads you to step F:
F. The "I Told you so" phase (since its stage F, its also called the F U stage). This is where you publicly announce that you knew better than everyone who told you no. We do this every time we blow up fireworks on 4th of July (F U UK), every time we bang the uglier chick, and every time we try to turn our Evo into a Subaru by custom fabricating a hood scoop.
G. The phase. This is when you realize that freedom of speech and expression comes with a price. In your case it is easily calculated by taking the price of your car and subtracting the damage you have done by adding hood scoop. It has the same social debilitating effect as banging the uglier chick. (see F)

In summary, you probably have a stronger fashion sense than anyone here. So your decision to move forward with American might is just and right. I can't wait until F phase, but be looking for me during E

Last edited by unsungboxer; Jul 14, 2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

^ Hilarious, wow.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by unsungboxer
Not only will no one say you "can't" do it. But I think I speak on behalf of America when I encourage you to do it! After all it is the American dream, right?:

B. Voice your freedom of speech by asking the opinion of the community on a public forum, and prefacing the conversation with "I want your 'imput,' but im gonna do it anyways because im in america"
C. Disregard the input and do what you intended on doing anyways. Usually results in countless hours, ridiculous amounts of money, for mediocre results at best. Generally the response you receive is 'its different'... which is just a nice way of saying: "its different from things that I, or people with taste like". example: suspenders.
D. Spend countless hours defending your decision. Flickr, Facebook, Evom, it usually gets posted here, but the conversations live on.
E. (the quiet step). This is where people mock you while your driving to work (to pay off your bad decision bill). Being an idealist, you see them starring at your car and assume they are checking you out. The false sense of confidence leads you to step F:
F. The "I Told you so" phase (since its stage F, its also called the F U stage). This is where you publicly announce that you knew better than everyone who told you no. We do this every time we blow up fireworks on 4th of July (F U UK), every time we bang the uglier chick, and every time we try to turn our Evo into a Subaru by custom fabricating a hood scoop.
G. The phase. This is when you realize that freedom of speech and expression comes with a price. In your case it is easily calculated by taking the price of your car and subtracting the damage you have done by adding hood scoop. It has the same social debilitating effect as banging the uglier chick. (see F)

In summary, you probably have a stronger fashion sense than anyone here. So your decision to move forward with American might is just and right. I can't wait until F phase, but be looking for me during E

I can't believe u just took the time to type all that out haha. Good non the less :P
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:33 AM

Not a great idea but im pretty sure they all like to see it done.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

What purpose would it serve? The Subie's use it for the intercooler, but our cars have all the vents where they need to be. Can you photoshop your idea? Doesn't seem like something that many people would demand, IMO. I could be wrong though.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

its something new. and if you like it who cares. good luck man. cant wait to see a finished product.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 07:09 AM

hahahahaha good one unsungboxer
Old Jul 15, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by unsungboxer

What you got against 'spenders...
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
What you got against 'spenders...
spenders is coo
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

can you help me fab a toaster oven in my passenger seat, so it can bake me bagels and warm my passengers bootys?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:03 PM

lol he got "pwned"
Old Jul 18, 2009, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
The stock hood vent is designed to pull air out of the engine bay at speeds, adding a scoop will not only cause additional drag, it will actually hurt engine bay airflow and cause higher intake temps and engine temps.