Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IF you ordered something and it came damaged.......

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rawburt
like everyone else is saying, avoid fedex. They managed to damage/ crack my transmission.
well it was either that or fedex air which is hell of expensive. Like I said tho item should have been bubble wrapped or something. You cant throw an item in a box and expect it to be safe. Thats why packing materials doesnt just consist of a box and tape this company is well known and should have known better.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

I work for fedex ground now and let me tell you, I HEAR YA, I can't tell you the number of times I see stuff on my truck in the morning that's messed up. I mean I don't understand what these people shipping it are thinking???? I mean you got to understand the people load and unload our trucks are working third shift for a little bit more than min. wage, don't really care!! I'm not saying we're perfect and you're going to have problems with UPS as well, and they're notorious for rejecting claims for improper packaging!!! Good luck though
Old Jul 21, 2009, 08:24 AM

So its Tuesday and it has been 2 full weeks and i have nothing. thanks for nothing. I appreciate your "oh no one here in the office can take care of this can we call you back" or " yea Ill have a manager get back to you" and to top things off, their email responses have no contact person so I dont even know who to deal with.

To let everyone know my credit card company said that by law if they do not ship you your purchase in full working order they must refund you in full. They also said I should not be waiting for fedex to finish their claim with WORKS as it has nothing to do with me.

Last edited by destro92179; Jul 22, 2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by destro92179
So its Tuesday and it has been 2 full weeks and i have nothing. WORKS EVo thanks for nothing. I appreciate your "oh no one here in the office can take care of this can we call you back" or " yea Ill have a manager get back to you" and to top things off, their email responses have no contact person so I dont even know who to deal with.

To let everyone know my credit card company said that by law if they do not ship you your purchase in full working order they must refund you in full. They also said I should not be waiting for fedex to finish their claim with WORKS as it has nothing to do with me.

For you guys that don't know here is their site.....F****in Bums

http://www.worksevo.com/store/
Threatening a credit card charge back will get your replacement shipped the same day, trust me.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 02:40 PM

FEDEX Ground Sucks They destroyed my AMS frontmount
Old Jul 21, 2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Xolition
Threatening a credit card charge back will get your replacement shipped the same day, trust me.
why do companies wait til this moment tho. I mean I know they are a reputable company so why risk losing business. In the end I will personally never shop there again. It may be different from now on for the rest of you guys. BTW they are now refunding my money.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

why do companies wait til this moment tho. I mean I know they are a reputable company so why risk losing business. In the end I will personally never shop there again. It may be different from now on for the rest of you guys. BTW they are now refunding my money.
Because they lose their money + a fee for having a charge back against them. Like other people said, a real reputable company would have sent you a new one and not wait for an investigation. Either way you're getting the item or your money back (just write to CC company and legally you don't have to pay), so I don't know why they try this waiting BS. I think you have 30 or 90 to write to CC company though, so they may be trying to wait you out.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor

let me jump in and tell its a bumer u went thru this ......

its fedex fault ..and also the company who sold u the part should have helped u ..

try buying stuff from people that can honor their sale

i once had an incident with awd motorpsports , i orderd a part it came DAMAGED when shipped , i called MIKE at awd motprsports , told him and he said

NO PROBLEMO .. ship it back to me ill pay the shipping and hook u up on that part again ,

I WAS LIKE MIKE UR THE MAN

Now thats servicw from a great company

Welcome to AwdMotorsports.com your EVO Exclusive Superstore!!

Contact Info:

By email:
Sales@awdmotorsports.com

By standard mail:
AWD Motorsports Inc.
7718 Wiles Rd
Coral Springs, Fl 33067

By phone:
954.753.6006 mike
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

like someone else said ..dispute the cc charge! you will get instant response
Old Jul 21, 2009, 08:50 PM

I ship out auto parts every day, we use UPS. UPS will deny the claim and will sometimes get pictures of the contents. They'll want to see what packing if any was used in an effort to deny the claim. In this case, they should work for you on this one and get the vendor to pay. To think a seller can ship something without packing if it has a chance to bounce around, it will eventually rub through the side of the box and then you lose all the small parts baggies inside. The individual that sold that to you may have packed it himself, or had a shipper do it that may not care so much about how it gets to you. Contact fedx to see if they are working with the vendor and took pictures or not. You can take the pictures of the box, exactly as you received it, send fedx the pictures and see what happens.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:32 AM

fedex sucks brother! should have shipped Conway Freight
Old Jul 22, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hahahah WORKS...that unfortunately was your biggest mistake right there. Sorry to say it and everyone has made the same mistake with these guys. Just be happy it wasn't something more expensive I guess.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:18 PM

So its Tuesday and it has been 2 full weeks and i have nothing. thanks for nothing. I appreciate your "oh no one here in the office can take care of this can we call you back" or " yea Ill have a manager get back to you" and to top things off, their email responses have no contact person so I dont even know who to deal with.

I feel your pain. The best part of it, IMO, is that it only lasted two weeks. Generally, CC companies require at least 30 days. It was for me anyways.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:23 AM

I just went though this when i ordered a head for my honda from a guy off line. Fedex dropped it, broke the spoon cam gear, the valve cover and some other stuff, and when the fedex guy put the insurance down, he forgot to add the .00 so he insured it for 10.00, i got screwed, and the seller was not helping me at all.
oh well. the honda is getting sold anyways lol.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

You could have easily fought that one...I would have been irrate!