Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IF you ordered something and it came damaged.......

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF you ordered something and it came damaged.......

So i ordered a part and it came damaged....box was all f'd up and it came fedex ground. The thing is do i really blame fedex??? The part was not bubble wrapped nor was there any packing material to protect the item. So I call em and they issue a call tag where fedex came and picked up the damaged goods.

Now in order for me to get my refund they are saying they have to wait for fedex to finish the claim before i get my money. Am I trippin or is that some serious BS. They didnt pack it properly which in turn damaged the goods.... in all honesty I blame them rather than fedex for the damages and now I have to wait becuz they packed the shipment poorly. I am not gonna say who this vendor is until after a manger or owner gets back to me. what do you guys think about this?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's FedEx fault. I ship and recieve a lot of products that aren't bubble wrapped or anything. They all come and go fine. FedEx (especially drivers) should be more careful with items, but they aren't. Dont blame the vendor unless it's like a FG/CF lip or something.

But that's just my opinion.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by LancerEVA06
It's FedEx fault. I ship and recieve a lot of products that aren't bubble wrapped or anything. They all come and go fine. FedEx (especially drivers) should be more careful with items, but they aren't. Dont blame the vendor unless it's like a FG/CF lip or something.

Yea I dont mean to blame the vendor but shipping anything valuable shouldnt be bouncin around in the box. Im just upset that I have to wait for fedex to resolve the issue with the them before they can take care of me.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by destro92179
Yea I dont mean to blame the vendor but shipping anything valuable shouldnt be bouncin around in the box. Im just upset that I have to wait for fedex to resolve the issue with the them before they can take care of me.
FedEx and UPS normally get you your claim check in a matter of days.

Can I ask what was shipped?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I've had insurance claims with shipping companies denied for the items not being properly protected. When shipping something you should always assume it will be thrown around and dropped and should pack it accordingly.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:51 PM

K so now comes the question if fedex denies them the claim how will they deal with me. It shouldnt matter what fedex does with them I paid them for goods which I dont have so I should get my money back. They have confirmation that fedex has their product why do I have to wait?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:53 PM

FedEx and UPS normally get you your claim check in a matter of days.

Can I ask what was shipped?
the claim is being processed between fedex and the vendor I have nothing to do with this.

Front Strut Bar
Old Jul 19, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Same thing happened to me last month. Even if FedEx accepts responsibility (which they won't) the insurance claim would be paid to the seller not the buyer. Definitely took my claim more than a few days but in the end, when they deny the claim, the seller is responsible for giving you a 100% refund. Once FedEx closes out the claim they will no longer have anything to do with it and have nothing to do with you getting your money back from the vendor.
Luckily, I had a great seller that immediately gave me my refund once the claim came back denied by FedEx.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by alicea8541
Same thing happened to me last month. Even if FedEx accepts responsibility (which they won't) the insurance claim would be paid to the seller not the buyer. Definitely took my claim more than a few days but in the end, when they deny the claim, the seller is responsible for giving you a 100% refund. Once FedEx closes out the claim they will no longer have anything to do with it and have nothing to do with you getting your money back from the vendor.
Luckily, I had a great seller that immediately gave me my refund once the claim came back denied by FedEx.
I hope all goes well with this. I hope I dont get charged a restocking fee for this. Il be pretty upset
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

FedEx Rules are the item should be packed well enough to sustain a drop from waist high. Now without seeing pictures to see how the box was damaged its hard to say who is really at fault. But I would blame the shipper. If box wasn't packaged correctly the box will collapse from the weight of other boxes on top of it. I wouldn't be surprised if FedEx denies the claim do to improper packaging.

Yes I used to work for FedEx.

Why do you have to wait, cause thats how shady places work. I know if there is an issue I go above and beyond to help my customers. This is one of the many reasons I deal with smaller/ well known companies. While I may pay more or my customers pay more they get top notch service. Saving a few dollars on a part just isn't worth it to me.

Buscher made a slight mistake with a customer of mine's exhaust. I called and new item was sent before they Buscher received the mistake exhaust. Yes the manufacture takes a chance in me being honest and sending it back. But trust is something that can be established with a smaller company. Every company I deal with whether personal or business knows me by name.

This company your dealing with should have sent you another one. Not make you wait.
Im sorry for your hassle. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Last edited by dafarmer1; Jul 19, 2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I think that's a load. You should put some sort of protection around the item. You're shipping it upwards of 3,000 miles and it is going to be bumped or tossed around some. Not only that, but if it does come out damaged you look like scum since it looks like you were just tried to scan the buyer/shipper to give some money or something that was broken to start with.

I remember a story about a guy receiving a AMS EMU which was shipped in the AMS box itself with clear packing tape, which is retarded, and received bricks instead. The seller tried to blame the shipper as someone who stole it. I tend to doubt someone would be that stupid but either way, I wouldn't trust that person and would post all over the place saying I got scammed.

Last edited by Blast83; Jul 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blast83
I think that's a load. You should put some sort of protection around the item. You're shipping it upwards of 3,000 miles and it is going to be bumped or tossed around some. Not only that, but if it does come out damaged you look like scum since it looks like you were just tried to scan the buyer/shipper to give some money or something that was broken to start with.

I remember a story about a guy receiving a AMS EMU which was shipped in the AMS box itself with clear packing tape, which is retarded, and received bricks instead. The seller tried to blame the shipper as someone who stole it. I tend to doubt someone would be that stupid but either way, I wouldn't trust that person and would post all over the place saying I got scammed.
Well in this exact case it is different. We do ship everything Same Day Express... so sometimes we're spending over $180 (if it's a pair of rotors for an F350 or something) one 1 box.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by c_sautter
Lemme guess, Lancershop? hahaha
this has been goin on for 10 days since the start of the transaction if it doesnt get resolved this week Ill let you guys know who it is. Im trying to talk to an owner or manager to see how they handle it this before I say who they are. I have a lil bit of respect not to put em out there.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

avoid fedex ground
they managed to put a dent in a cast iron part that was bubbled wrapped and double boxed.
avoid fedex ground
Old Jul 19, 2009, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

like everyone else is saying, avoid fedex. They managed to damage/ crack my transmission.