Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur air filter stud/bolt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Buschur air filter stud/bolt

I recently noticed one of the studs from my Buschur air filter mount has disappeared. To be exact, it was the one that was used to mount the maf/filter to the L shaped bracket just underneath (pic below).

I contacted Buschur Racing but they informed me they no longer carry them (they're from the one they made about two years back), but offered to sell me a new air filter that includes different mounting equipment. Before I do that, I was wondering if anyone had the dimensions for these, or where I might be able to find a replacement? I've gone to all the local shops, Lowes, Home Depot, Advanced Auto, etc, and no one has them or even seems to know what they are.

Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just find your local bolt shop, I bet the threads are metric 1.25 like most of everything on the evo
Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:40 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can replace that stud / nut combo with a standard 8mm bolt which you can find in any hardware store. What you have there is a dorman stud / nut combo - not needed but nice anyway.

Al