Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Gurus Need help rebuilding the front end of my Evo 8.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dnl_evo8
Well you sound very sure that is my fault and im inventing a story to cover up that i dont know how to drive or maybe i have an accident, and if that was the case i just will tell it and thats it.

Istead of posting something contructive all you are doing is been the "badboy" of the forum and if you are not posting anithing related to help or what im asking please dont write at all.

The guy who hit the car is fully covered and the insurance company is going to send somebody to see the damages but i dont think it will be declared totalled, and the reason im looking for the parts myself is because his insurance policy in this particular cases when the affected is not involved or have any guilty, can source the parts introduced the invoice and the insurance company will cover all the damages, i dont think nobody here wants to take his evo to any regular cheap body shop and let them replace you parts with chinese crap.

So please once again if you want to help your comment will be more than welcome, if you want to say BS please dont do it, this is forum conmunity to help other people not a place to have fun with other people problems.

Thanks for the help...
if he is fully covered then what is the the problem here really. You dont have to worry about anything at all. Your out sourcing the parts becuase the shop uses cheap china parts you say?!? what is that billy bobs auto hobby lobby. i dont think so any respected shop is going to oem parts cause guess what they are not forting the bill what do that care. Sounds like and you said it in your own words you want to buy upgraded parts basically instead of stock parts and have the shop install those instead if thats the case then ok more power to you. there are a host of good aftermarket parts you can get but be cariful that you dont spend all that money and have another major issue you did not see. if its a list of good replacement parts you want then start a thread on that not i have to fix my broken evo on my own cause its not insured made it seem like you caused everything. take a look at the market place or vendors section of this forum for great deals and various parts for sale. Good luck

ps. your comment "So please once again if you want to help your comment will be more than welcome, if you want to say BS please dont do it, this is forum conmunity to help other people not a place to have fun with other people problems."

my answer to that its the INTERNET theres trash everywhere you turn. The only persons opinion that matters is your own

Last edited by RockmanX; Jul 28, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
im sorry this story does not add up at all. what you saying is complete BS. if you have a car whether insured or NOT and it is hit by another person that is INSURED(maybe neighbor is not if thats the case you need to sue him) then its his responsiblilty to pay for the damages regaurdless if yours is insured or NOT. now if mother nature damages your car its on YOU. if you were driving uninsured and YOU HIT something or someone its your fault. i Seriously doubt your dumb enough to fix a car you dont have to pay for at all unless your trying ot find some way to weasel out on the money to fix the evo properly so you an get some upgraded parts. I would not recommend that as you never know how bad the damage actually is and from those pics might even beconsidedered totalled by insurance company of his. so before you come on here asking for help when its not need you should be getting a check from his insuracne to cover this mess of course unless its actually your fault which is sounds like it is
It really depends on state laws. I don't know how it is in Florida, but in no fault states like Hawaii both parties would have to resolve their own damages.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude. It looks like a total loss...
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Clutchdc5
Dude. It looks like a total loss...
thats what im saying no frame on sides and front and def no radaitor or support and who know how far back it pushed on the turbo etc. thats going to be alot to fix thats why i was thinking it was going to be def totalled once they come and see it. sux cause all the money if any he put into it will be lost and if no gap could get rough
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, it looks totalled. So if his insurance is covering it and if you had some gap insurance then you just get another car. If you dont have gap insurance then just hope you werent under too much with the finance. I would eat up the loss and get a different evo than fixing that one, but thats my .02.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

baller garage
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
totalled
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:47 PM

the guy from the insurance company will be here tomorrow and i will let you know the veredict. I was checking the damages and looks like the major damages occur is the radiador and condensor assy suport the exterior fenders are crushed but the main structure of the car in both side corners is not even pushed back the front did not touch the turbo or anithing like that no fluid leaks not even from the radiator.... but that is just my opinion , lets wait for tomorrow and see.