Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fog lights.. In bumper??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog lights.. In bumper??

Hey everyone.. I've been thinking about this lately.. Know how ppl custom mold or custom make things. Well over on the s2000 side of things people put ek9 fog lights into a semi miodded ap1 bumper, and it actually looks really good.

Now what I'm saying is; has anyone ever put fog lights or made lights work in the evo nine bumper, where the two holes are? Just curious, seemslike it might be a good spot for them.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

If you could find foglights around the same shape as the holes you could do. I'm sure it'd take some fab though. To me it'd be kinda ricey.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

why would u wanna do dat?? if u want fog lights dat bad, just buy that rice replica evo 5 bumper with the two huge fog light holes in it...

Last edited by MrEVO313; Jul 27, 2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: miss-type
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by churbo
If you could find foglights around the same shape as the holes you could do. I'm sure it'd take some fab though. To me it'd be kinda ricey.
Yea i mean I'm sure there are fog lights around the same shape as the holes.
I'd imagine there would be some fabrication involved, and the ricey thing, who knows, it probably would be ricey.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MrEVO313
why would u wanna do dat?? if u want fog lights dat bad, just buy that rice replica evo 5 bumper with the two huge fog light holes in it...
It's not that I want to do "that". And I don't want to do "that" so bad. I'm just curious as to what it would look like is all, in not going for some ricey look or evo V bumper look.. Just wondering what it would look like.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea.... Don't do that... The holes are acctually there to direct air to cool down the intercooler inlet and outlet pipes pipes. and it has been done before and it looks out of place and a lil ricey IMHO.

Last edited by 4G63K; Jul 27, 2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dsm_Danny
It's not that I want to do "that". And I don't want to do "that" so bad. I'm just curious as to what it would look like is all, in not going for some ricey look or evo V bumper look.. Just wondering what it would look like.
na i understand wat u said, and am not tryina be a jerk or anything but the holes are there for a reason, they serve a purpose... n it would definately look weird
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by 4G63K
Yea.... Don't do that... The holes are acctually there to direct air to cool down the intercooler inlet and outlet pipes pipes. and it has been done before and it looks out of place and a lil ricey IMHO.
Yea, I know what the holes are for and stuff, I'm not saying I would do this, I was just curious as to what it would look like.. And every one seems to say it would be ricey and what not, and u said you've seen it before and it was out of Place.. I'd imagine it's kinda weird.. But the idea just sparked in my head from what I remember with what people do with s2k's.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Yea, I know what the holes are for and stuff, I'm not saying I would do this, I was just curious as to what it would look like.. And every one seems to say it would be ricey and what not, and u said you've seen it before and it was out of Place.. I'd imagine it's kinda weird.. But the idea just sparked in my head from what I remember with what people do with s2k's.
Gotcha.. Let me see if i can find a pic for you..
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Im not sure.. It just dosent work for me.

Last edited by 4G63K; Jul 27, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by MrEVO313
na i understand wat u said, and am not tryina be a jerk or anything but the holes are there for a reason, they serve a purpose... n it would definately look weird
Oh yea, I didn't think you were being a jerk I was just saying that I wondered what it would look like was all. Not that I was gonna do it.

And on another note, does any one actually have a picture of what im talking about? Because as much as I think it would be maybe different/weird i still want to know what it looks like.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Oh yea, I didn't think you were being a jerk I was just saying that I wondered what it would look like was all. Not that I was gonna do it.

And on another note, does any one actually have a picture of what im talking about? Because as much as I think it would be maybe different/weird i still want to know what it looks like.
Just posted one above your post.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:26 AM

Hmmm to be honest. If It wasn't on a silver car(not just evo's, I just don't like silver cars in general) I feel like it honestly wouldn't be too bad.. It really doesn't look as ricey as I thought it would.. Maybe a yellow or HID bulb or something to match the MR headlights? Idk I feel like if u had some nice rims, lowered, maybe some canards or a lip or something and we might have somethin going.. Just there on a stock car I feel they look kinda.. Meh.. But I think if someone did up right it may look pretty good.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is really weird looking. Almost didn't notice it at first. I'm thinking a big rock would just f that thing up though.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
That is really weird looking. Almost didn't notice it at first. I'm thinking a big rock would just f that thing up though.
Well if u think about it, a big rock would mess up anything.. Fogs come stock on cars(obviously lol) so I guess u gotta just play the game and hope for the best.

Idk, I still feel like if u can do the right things they can look good.. Maybe even not lol

Quick Reply: Fog lights.. In bumper??