Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer Screw-up big time

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Screw-up big time

You might say that I am taking this out of line and overreacting but im 20 and paid for this evo myself and just got it in May. This car is paid off and is my only car and is my only way 2 work.

Situation. I need my oil changed and I have this free oil changes for life thing. I drop my car off at the dealer it gets serviced. I sit for an hour in the waiting room for an hour while the car gets servied. Im noticing WOW an hour this is taking a long time for a simple job. So I start lookin around the shop and realize my car isnt in the bay it is getting washed now. So im like cool i even get a free dealer wash. So im lookin at my evo getting washed and then I notice that my sideskirts are all BENT UP! I want to ****** my keys and get my car back to see what really happened. I go to the dealer the reciptionisnt informs me that it takes abt 2 more min to wash thn i will be on my way. I start pacing and thinking i didnt see that my new car was bent up. Thn i paid for my oil because thats what I owed them. I go out anaylze my car look underneath it and look at both sides. The mechanix didnt lift the car from the jack spots he used the sideskirts !!!!! It lookd like a pancake. I stay cool I ask to speak to the manger we get to talking and go back and find the mechanix and he admited that he did it and he apologized. So here is the result. The manger seems like a nice guy. I am willing to work with him. I personally want both sideskirts REPLACED!. But he says he has a awesome body guy that can fix this. Im guessing removed them pop them back in place respray them and reinstall. If this doesnt meet to factory spec I have in writing that he will use his dealer insurance to replace the sideskirts. I have a question is can this be repaired??? or needs to be replaced. And the damage is only cosmetic and can this ever look as good as new again? I have no loaner car because im too young, and he said this should take 3 days to fix and I would like to have this car by sat for a car show. and i NEED it this up coming sunday. I know the world isnt ending but for me it feels like it

Last edited by meggs00; Jul 27, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

ok so whats the problem the dealers gonna fix it...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

will it look the same repaired I dont want to look like hot ****? wht type of material is it made out of? or is the best way to replace it. It also blows because the dealer is the plp you expect to take care of your car the best not abuse it

Last edited by Smike; Jul 27, 2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:58 PM

Well personally, i would want new OEM skirts.
i wouldnt want some side skirts that they "repaired" with thier heat gun, and slapped back on.
If i were in your situation, i would be telling them new all the way.
Rob
Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:59 PM
Account Disabled

my family owns two body shops and a junk yard, and I can tell you right know that depending on what color the car is, and depending on who is painting the car, it may or may not match you never know. It will never be the same as factory. The other thing to keep in mind is that plastic doesnt ever hold paint like it is suppose to. Once you break the factory paint and try to repaint plastic it never last. Just go find a car that has had bumper covers painted after a wreck, a few years down the road or maybe even a few mounts just depends the paint starts to come off. granted your side skirts will not see the kind of action that you front bumper does. Ether way I would take nothing less then brand new side skirts, If they made the mistake, so they should listen to what you want, not what they want to do. I would be up there every day until they agreed to new skirts, DO NOT LET THEM PAINT THEM !
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Location: I'm Canadian living and working in Dubai/Kuwait/Bahrain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude,

I would not settle for less that brand new fcinkng skirts. It's the fact of the matter & not that they can just "fix" it for you.

seriously! get on em, when you slaved and bought your evo it wasn't for charity purposes.

my 2 cents
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

thats retarded.. go for new sideskirts...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

They will probably get you ones off a salvage car spray them install them and send you on your way. That sucks good luck.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

my car is apex sliver and im hoping for the best here
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

He forgot to use the adapters on the lift. I actually have done this one time and heard a loud snap.....oppss luckily nothing was wrong. I think you'll be ok by just having them repainted....as long as the paint job is good and they arent wavy or cracked. Id like to have brand new ones also.....but this is just another little thing that the dealer is worth fighting for and may or may not be worth your time. IF you can talk them into brand new OEM ones....well good for you.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

i work at a dealer, and we have a body shop as well. i have seen some amazing things come out of those guys in the body shop at my store. got tboned in my 08 gts and they replaced both doors, fender and cut and welded in a new support between the doors. i knew what it looked like, watched the process of the repair, and couldnt find an ounce of evidence that it had been wrecked other than a police report and my own memory. give em a shot. if its not satisfactory make them replace. make sure u get a warranty on the repair in writing. if these guys are legit (giving the benefit of the doubt, i mean, they did admit their mistake), let them try. you might well be surprised.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:25 PM
Account Disabled

Screw that i would want new ones, silver is a hard color to match, it may or may not come out right if they fix them. But i would not take that chance due to their screw up
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

I am going to give thm a shot. But out of curiosty how much do sideskirts cost replacement
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get new skirts....

and silver is a very hard color to match up.. good luck with that
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make them pay for your sideskirts and change your own oil from now on, lesson learned.

Originally Posted by meggs00
Thn i paid for my oil because thats what I owed them.
What happened to it being free?

Quick Reply: Dealer Screw-up big time