Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Expectations never met!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People know who the good shops are that value there customers. Some big shops on here are douche bags and treat there customers like garbage. We all know who they are....cough cough. Top shops always don't mean top service.

Like a few have stated, CBRD is a great shop and will go out of there way to satisfy there customers. An increase in customers and popularity usually means less intimate with customers though.

Get use to it............lol
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TxEvo8
That's just part of modding cars, get used to it.
x2
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AisuShiden
I don't mind the extra time that it takes to get things done right... but going from a couple weeks into months is a little ridiculous.

If it's more than a month later, I'd be pissed.
How about from 3 days to a month and still counting to port Intake and exhaust mani, and do the throttle body. And yes don't forget the prices no matter what you have agreed on before the service price will always go up after you done
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol sooooooooo far everything has gone smooth with me im buying parts they are coming in on time etc. i have not delt with the person that going to put my new motor and all parts in yet but when that day comes here in a couple months ill be there in a different state so i dont have weeks or months to wait ill need it done in 2-3 days tops with me helping but when i sent my body kits from the evo and z to toyota to paint them they quoted me a week and took a month and a half yea i was kind of upset about it but i got a perfect paint job on all the parts sooo its kind of a trade off its takes longer then expect but as long as the work is perfect and in working order its worth the wait vs a bs job right
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I really don't come across the issue with shops as I work on my car myself. Never had an issue with any vendors on this site either.

The longest I waited for anything was my ETS Turbo Kit and it was shipped well within the time frame they originally gave me. A++++++
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

My advice is to pick a reliable shop, check out a few first, then ask around, but most importantley wait til all your parts are at the shop before bringing her in otherwise they may as well just hold your car hostage half taken apart. Alot of shops don't do this on purpose but I beleive its still a bad business practice to hold someone's car out of service for weeks waiting for a part. Just my 2 cents worth!!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Makes sure you NEVER go to ICS in Stamford, CT. That's all I have to say.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by NYREDEVO
Makes sure you NEVER go to ICS in Stamford, CT. That's all I have to say.
Sorry I had to
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:05 PM

Well i have been to a certain shop 3 times over the last 3 years.. first trip dropped off on a Monday at 8:30am was told Friday.. got a call on a Thursday morning same week.. your car is ready to be picked up on Friday. Just as i was told. Second trip dropped car off on a Monday again at 8:30am was told Thursday it would be ready.. Wednesday afternoon same week i got a call and was told my car would be ready to be picked on Thursday. Just as i was told. Third trip i was there at 8:00 am for a transmission swap.. i was asked to have seat in the waiting room.. at 12:10 pm i was back on the road heading home which is a 4 hour drive.
I consider this outstanding superior customer service.. the best service i have ever had dealing with anyone or anything in my life!! Im a customer for life without question!! Many Many thanks to the Buschur Team Nick, Jarrod, Dave for the tuning and Dan the Man for all the wrench time!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 04:14 PM

Sometimes it can be realll bad. Buddy had his bimmer in a shop for a turbo install + tune. They held on to it for like 2 months, then said because he wasn't dropping stacks of cash for the service, it wasn't worth it anymore and gave the car back to him with the pile of parts.

Yup sucks. Sometimes they are legitimately just swamped though.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

i had my steering rack replaced at mitsu.. they said 4 days, then 2 weeks later i got my car back and theres 1/4inch of play in the steering wheel
Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kasaper
My advice is to pick a reliable shop, check out a few first, then ask around, but most importantley wait til all your parts are at the shop before bringing her in otherwise they may as well just hold your car hostage half taken apart. Alot of shops don't do this on purpose but I beleive its still a bad business practice to hold someone's car out of service for weeks waiting for a part. Just my 2 cents worth!!
That is exactly what happened to me. I needed to drop the car off since my stuff needed to be ported. It's not a rocket science to drill a few holes so why is taking so long??? It looks that I'm not alone with this type of problems.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:00 AM

This has happened to me a few times with other vehicles. This is the main reason why I like to do everything myself. I like it when shops tell me it is going to take a week and then call me in 2 days. That is an easy way to make a customer happy. I wish every shop did this.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:07 AM

I've had dealing with a certain shop that seemed to only do work to my Evo on saturdays they've had the car collectively for a month and a half but a week of that was waiting on my shep transfer case rebuild (which only took 4 days from the time he received it to the time it was at my doorstep) and the only thing they were tasked with was removing and replacing that t-case nothing else that takes a couple hours max, also it didnt have any gas in the tank.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:28 AM
SME
Evolved Member

Do the work yourself, problem solved.