Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Expectations never met!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expectations never met!!!!

How many people on this had problems with service/mods when vendor/shop/mechanic told you your car will be down for a few days and you don't see for a month
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

My car was in the shop about a week longer than I thought...

It had to do with dyno tuning, other cars etc..

I consider it the cost of doing business...
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with the OP on this one. I have dealt with a lot of the major shops on this forum, and it is very infrequent that they live up to their reputation. There are one or two however that seem to value their customers.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

HKS USA has had my coilovers since June 8 for a rebuild of 2 fronts. Original price of $380 and 4 weeks has turned in to almost $800 and 7 weeks and counting.

Also body shops are horrible about telling you it'll take about 2 weeks or whatever and then 6 weeks later they are still waiting on parts. Its all very frustrating.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

my tranny was at shep for 2 months when the told me it was a 2 weeks turn around time... i was very dissapointed.. but it was deff worth the wait
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CBRD has never led me wrong with install times... they even stay late on a friday to finish up my car...

shouldve went another route then shep with the trans rob....
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

That's just part of modding cars, get used to it.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

I definatly don't think it's acceptable for a shop to say a few days an it turns in to months. But it should almost be expected that when it's a big, popular shop sometime estimated times cannot be met. Unexpected things come up, and we all know when you're working on a car you always come across obsticles.

Again when weeks turn into months that's not acceptable, but if a few days turn into one week, or a few weeks turns into a month, big deal.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
there are always exceptions in certain situations but for the most part if someone gives you a date for something to be taken care of they need to stand behind that
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

I have always had great experience with AMS, the only thing I ever had to wait for was the finishing on the tune after I got my stroker motor and turbo kit done... They stayed until nearly 10:30 at night finishing up the car on a friday evening.

Great Great Guys at that shop!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:21 PM

I don't mind the extra time that it takes to get things done right... but going from a couple weeks into months is a little ridiculous.

If it's more than a month later, I'd be pissed.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:33 PM

Irregardless of what the business may be, a true professional should know how long a particular job is going to take, and what cap room they have with respect to their current work loads etc. There can and always will be unforseen delays/issues however failure to meet a deadline by greater than 200-300 % is unacceptable.

You wouldn't accept it with any other business so why this?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Called shep on the 27th of April and they said a week. THe guy putting the car together didn't send the tranny/tcase out until 1 week later...took Shep a month and a half after that....total of 2 months. I was so pissed but there wasn't anything I could do....had I had known it would've been that long I would went with another transmission place but I toughed it out and my car has almost got all the bugs worked out.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
CBRD has never led me wrong with install times... they even stay late on a friday to finish up my car...
+1 they stayed to almost to midnight to finish up my ride, missing a family function and all just to get me on the road, thanks again guys.

jeff
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by logicrow21
Irregardless of what the business may be, a true professional should know how long a particular job is going to take, and what cap room they have with respect to their current work loads etc. There can and always will be unforseen delays/issues however failure to meet a deadline by greater than 200-300 % is unacceptable.

You wouldn't accept it with any other business so why this?
100% correct