Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Trouble turning over engine

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble turning over engine

my car usually starts perfectly fine everyday. today i goto start it and it cranks slow as hell almost like it has a dead battery. i checked the battery and the battery is fine. does anyone know what could cause this out of nowere?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm going to say its the battery. Try a new one.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

+1 especially if it's random, I don't think it could be anything else, especially since it's hot out, batteries go in the winter and summer. I was having issues with mine this past winter, made it though and into the spring, but last week it finally gave out
Old Aug 2, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

I had this happen and it turned out to be the battery was in the process of dying. It threw the crank position sensor code once because it was so slow to turn over.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Try replacing the battery first. Then if you have a multimeter, check the output of your alternator to make sure it isnt on the outs.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Put a multimeter across the battery posts. With the engine off the battery should measure 12 plus volts. Have someone crank the engine. The voltage shouldn't drop below 9 volts. With the car running the voltage should be 14 plus volts.

If you flunk the first test it is the battery. If you flunk the second test it is the starter. If you flunk the third test it is the alternator.