Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

cf seibon vg PROBLEM!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cf seibon vg PROBLEM!!

so i bought seibon carbon fiber vortex generator from lancershop and this vg is one of the more expensive ones that they had. i take it to the shop to find out that it is completely not lining up w/ the width of the car. it is about an inch too long on both of the sides. so i get online to find out that there were some complaints about the seibon cf vg. so now i am looking for a different brand of cf vg and it can only be traded for another item at lancershop because they are going to charge me 25% restocking fee if i want a refund. i was looking at the titek cf vg that they had on the site. anyone had experience with this vg any problems with it.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

are your sure its not an inch to long on each side cuz those are the tabs that go under the weather stripping to hold it down? i believe some work like that to give it extra strength?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

how can they charge you a restock fee if they sell a product that is more or less "defective"?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokid511
are your sure its not an inch to long on each side cuz those are the tabs that go under the weather stripping to hold it down? i believe some work like that to give it extra strength?
yea there are tabs which are inch long but excluding the tabs its still about an inch too long on each side which is essentially 2 inches too long on each side. even when you put the vg on the roof to eyeball the fitness it is wayyyy off.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CoMoEvo
how can they charge you a restock fee if they sell a product that is more or less "defective"?
also a "great" customer service at lancershop NOT. since you cannot call them because they don't provide a phone number, i talked to their live support. instantly the guy got defensive and asked what car i have, i told him i had an evo 8 and i told him that the fitment on this vg was terrible, did not fit whatsoever. his initial response was, this vg fits on your car, it has to fit your car. i told him i even took it to a shop who specializes in evo's and they even told me the fittment was way off. Then the reply from lancershop is "this item does not fit on your trunk". he did not believe me whatsoever, it was like i was having an argument with the guy trying to convince him that this part does not fit, it is DEFECTIVE!!. there are other postings on this forum saying that seibon cf vg doesn't fit right. for me it was wayyy off. i lost all repect for lancershop, another thing they are bad at is their shipment. i don't even know why i ordered from them, on average their shipment takes 3 weeks + for anything that i've ordered.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

I have a buddy who also had a fitment issue with the Seibon VG. His was too long, and it wouldn't fit over the antenna portion.

I would highly recommend the Rexspeed one. Their products seem to have more quality control than this larger company.

Aaron
Old Aug 1, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you should never buy from lancershop period even i know that and i have not been in the evo game long and if you use the search button you would have found several threads on VG that dont work either go OEM and pay the high cost or rexspeed. Looks like your eating the cost send it back in lose 25% and pick up either OEM or rexspeed nothing can be done about it. IT is what it IS
Old Aug 1, 2009, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

I would straight tell them to eat **** on that 25% restocking fee, it doesn't fit!!! Its not like you're returning it because you don't like the way it looks, you're returning it because their product is ****ty and does not even fit what they claim it to fit.

Tell them you want a FULL refund, plus them to cover shipping or contact the Better Business Bureau.

Don't **** with them, get pissed, I hate it when people **** with my money, I work hard for that, don't you?

If it does not fit, its their fault, that's all there is to it, and they should man up and take care of it.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your first mistake was ordering from lancershop
your second was buying seibon garbage
Old Aug 1, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

^

Helpful.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

I found out the exact same thing about the seibon cf vgs when I did some research on it a few months ago. I ended up canceling my order after reading all the fitment issues and got a full refund. From what I've read all of the seibons vgs are garbage. I went with rexspeed painted and couldnt be happier. Though a cf vg would be pimpin
Old Aug 1, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzydoodle
^

Helpful.
pot calling the kettle black???
i think so
Old Aug 2, 2009, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
do you have any pics of how bad off the vg was?
Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

off-topic a bit but, is there a thread somewhere that lists all the places to avoid and all the good places to buy from?