Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ticket help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ticket help

So tonight i got my first ticket in my evo

The story begins as i was driving home from taking my girlfriend home, i got on it in third once shortly after her house and i thought it felt a little slow like i have a boost leak, well i drove some more and got to a left turn (no stopsign) i yielded and no cars were coming so i got on it about 3/4 throttle and let off in 3rd.

The speed limit is 35 on this road and i admit i was speeding a little bit, but my radar didn't go off once. I continued down the road about 500ft and had slowed down to speed limit when i saw a cop on a side street, well i continued until the stop light he pulls me over and says "You look like you were about to lose control back there." i said "No officer this car is awd, i was in full control." he gets my license registration ect. (btw. the cop seemed new because there was a second officer talking him through while he was in the car).

He came back to me and gave me a ticket for "At a speed greater than was reasonable and prudent under the existing conditions of making a left turn."
He said he could have got me for reckless driving, ect.

All this was coming from just what he saw, no radar gun or anything so theres really no proof.
I hope i can get out of it, but i am looking for advice

ps. my clutch is slipping a little bit as well
Old Aug 3, 2009, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

man that sucks! ive always thought about saying that same thing to a cop if i got pulled over for making a sharp turn or a turn at higher then normal speeds haha guess it doesnt work well... but guess a ticket clinic or go to court and fight it would be the best option so you dont have that ticket on you rrecord
Old Aug 3, 2009, 08:34 PM

I just don't see how he has any proof it's his word against mine i guess, if i was black i would say harassment!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i have no ide how they can prove something like that i would take it to court and just get it dropped i doubt he'll show up if you delay it long enough
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

fight the ticket! That is BS.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 02:44 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hire or consult with a lawyer. Thread closed.