Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Vote for Evo as "Best Jap Car Ever"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2009, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
yea s2k's are cool if u feel u need reliability, don't have more than 1 friend, like having a 1 star crash test rating and like having only enough trunk space to fit a box of condoms...

I like evo's don't get me wrong but it's funny how many people here don't realize this is a SPORTS CAR voting poll.
Mentioning negatives by saying room for 1 friend(sports car) no extra trunk space? obviously it is a sports car, low seating position? sports car, high revving? Sports car!
Having back seats, awd, bigger, heavier more trunk space makes it much less of a sports car. Evo is for sure nice and wouldn't mind one as a daily driver but it is not a true sports car by any means. It is a SPORTY car but not a SPORTS CAR!
This poll is for sports cars not just cars..

And again I do like th evo and almost bought one bu the S2000 won me over instead. I used to have a built DSM as well so know how nice the power is but as soon as I bought the S2000 drove my DSM like once and then sold it. Was definitely a good bit faster but no where near as fun to drive.

Last edited by s2k29k; Aug 31, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Hmmm... The evo is not a sports car? Where have I been?

Obviously, all the trunk space and backseats are a plus, but the evo is by all means a definite sports car to me. Hell, it's faster and sportier than an s2k, all the benefits don't make it NOT a sports car. There's a reason it's 2nd (if not 1st) on the poll. It's the all around, family hauling, awd, turbo, full size, sports (sports-car) sedan. This is my opinion. I see a couple people that have s2000's saying that the evo is not a sports car. I've driven an s2000, not owned one. Besides being slower, smaller, and feeling like I was going to die if I made a mistake driving it, it was pretty cool.

The evo is more than a sports car to me.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 08:07 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JakeTheVIII
Hmmm... The evo is not a sports car? Where have I been?

Obviously, all the trunk space and backseats are a plus, but the evo is by all means a definite sports car to me. Hell, it's faster and sportier than an s2k, all the benefits don't make it NOT a sports car. There's a reason it's 2nd (if not 1st) on the poll. It's the all around, family hauling, awd, turbo, full size, sports (sports-car) sedan. This is my opinion. I see a couple people that have s2000's saying that the evo is not a sports car. I've driven an s2000, not owned one. Besides being slower, smaller, and feeling like I was going to die if I made a mistake driving it, it was pretty cool.

The evo is more than a sports car to me.
+10000000 I voted Evo all the way!!!

ASAP
Old Sep 1, 2009, 03:01 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree. The Evo is not a sports car. Regardless of its performance envelope, it's not a sports cars in the classic sense. A Miata is a sports car, so is a S2000. An Evo is a sedan.

Last edited by FJF; Sep 1, 2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Voter GTR sorry guys
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, I forgot sports car mean front engine RWD coupes

How does an s2k beat skylines, the z line even? If you are looking at FR setups only. And the evo, STI, and RX lines are much longer, that alone should put them ahead as the best jap car ever not a car that was made for a decade and dropped. (The s2k is a sweet car though, I love the way the cabin wraps around)

It could be argued that the only true sports car on that list is the NSX, being mid engine and all, because all the top "sports cars" are mid engine, rwd or awd. Ferrari, Lambo, Bugatti. So enough of this "true sports car" elitism. EVO FTW!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

who cares if its not a "sports car" are you really being that crtical?? gsrboi voted for a gtr which i gurantee you have NEVER even driven before. the point is based on those cars the evo is superior. It will outhandel ANYTHING on the list, and it gets to 60 and does the 1/4 faster then anything on that list. It also gets wayyyyy more bang for the buck then those cars. The EVO 1 would destroy all of those cars as well. the supra is cool, if you dump a ton of money into it. The s2k is unmoddable unless you go FI. chit even the nsx gets beat out my newer "regular" acura sedans. The GTR is cool but its a rip off for the price and its brand new. The evo has a long history of bad azz machines. btw if you clear the cookies on your computer after everytime you vote you can keep voting. Why do you think the s2k guys are winning?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by s2k29k
I like evo's don't get me wrong but it's funny how many people here don't realize this is a SPORTS CAR voting poll.
Mentioning negatives by saying room for 1 friend(sports car) no extra trunk space? obviously it is a sports car, low seating position? sports car, high revving? Sports car!
Having back seats, awd, bigger, heavier more trunk space makes it much less of a sports car. Evo is for sure nice and wouldn't mind one as a daily driver but it is not a true sports car by any means. It is a SPORTY car but not a SPORTS CAR!
This poll is for sports cars not just cars..

And again I do like th evo and almost bought one bu the S2000 won me over instead. I used to have a built DSM as well so know how nice the power is but as soon as I bought the S2000 drove my DSM like once and then sold it. Was definitely a good bit faster but no where near as fun to drive.
According to your definition, tons of the cars on that list are not a sports car. If the Evo is not eligible it wouldn't be able to be voted on.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s2k are winning QQ vote EVO!!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Evo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> s2k
Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Evo not a sports car? How come someone didn't tell the rest of the world?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_evo

****read the awards section****
Old Sep 3, 2009, 01:05 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
I personally would consider the Evo a Rally Car that can kick the **** out of Sports cars on their own turf
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

damn the s2k has 1K more votes..... they must of posted it on every honda forum
Old Sep 3, 2009, 01:03 PM

I thought the GTR and Supra would be on top but S2K....?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 08:48 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Too many honda owners....

Quick Reply: Vote for Evo as "Best Jap Car Ever"