Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo carbon fiber help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scumrat
how does this even make sense?? You sau it can be taken apart, and the go on to talk about how you sanded it?? What happened to the taking apart process since tha was the subject matter of your post?
Dude, this is getting old. I wouldn't waste my time arguing with you if I hadn't done it myself. You know what, just to shut you up, I will take it apart, for the 2ND TIME, and there will be pics posted on this very thread. Since talk is cheap, I'll try to PM the pics to you first.

Meanwhile, why don't you pm the person on post #30 about how they did theirs. Here's the link to the thread FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-all-cf-2.html

Have a nice day, scumrat.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigben
Dude, this is getting old. I wouldn't waste my time arguing with you if I hadn't done it myself. You know what, just to shut you up, I will take it apart, for the 2ND TIME, and there will be pics posted on this very thread. Since talk is cheap, I'll try to PM the pics to you first.

Meanwhile, why don't you pm the person on post #30 about how they did theirs. Here's the link to the thread FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-all-cf-2.html

Have a nice day, scumrat.
i live in alabama too... can i come over and u show me how its done
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

I can do you one better: if anyone is so sure than this can't be done, pm me your cell # so I can some pics to you til I get ahold of a digi cam to take better ones. If you just wanna wait until I get the better ones up, thats fine with me too.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LOVEBOOOST
i live in alabama too... can i come over and u show me how its done
I sure can. I live in the northeastern corner, Marshall County. Do you somewhere near there?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

cool bro, maybe your magic. i just ripped part of the inside wing off trying to pull the "velcro off. I have refinished tons of these wings. Im not new at this. I have 6 in process and two finished in front of me right now.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigben
I sure can. I live in the northeastern corner, Marshall County. Do you somewhere near there?
na bro I live closer to the bottom of alabama, ur a long ways away from me lol
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

With the time and effort involved it may be worth your time to just buy a used one for $200 or less.... think I have even seen some as low as $125 for sale, I would look around, a shop would charge more than that in labor to make it look the way you want
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
With the time and effort involved it may be worth your time to just buy a used one for $200 or less.... think I have even seen some as low as $125 for sale, I would look around, a shop would charge more than that in labor to make it look the way you want
Ive tried to do it and just broke the **** outta my spoiler and had to buy another me and a buddy that does body work for a living couldnt get it and i just wanna see if it can be done
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scumrat
cool bro, maybe your magic. i just ripped part of the inside wing off trying to pull the "velcro off. I have refinished tons of these wings. Im not new at this. I have 6 in process and two finished in front of me right now.
I wished I hadn't ever used the aircraft stripper, but once it gets on the painted side parts, there's no turning back. A friend and I tried to clear it ourselves (with a shop air compressor and a paint gun, clear, hardener, etc.) but I think he sprayed it "too thick, too quick" and it turned out hazy, like lots of very tiny air bubbles in the clear when I dried. Once I all the clear off again, I'm gonna check around at some body shops for them to clear it. The exposed carbon fiber looks great after everythings said and done.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

I turns out that some people have had bad luck with doing this, I was just stating that mine came apart fine. You can give it a shot, but it just depends if you wanna take the risk, but that's what life's about. I wanted my wing to look better, and it will be because I took a chance. Good luck to any of you out there who want to refinish their wings, it's worth the time and effort if it's done right. It doesn't have to be taken apart, it just makes the process so much easier.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:02 PM

takes too long, taking my faded one to a shop soon .. hopefully wont cost more than $200 might as well buy one off here haha.