Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me convince my dad to let me get an evo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks everyone, i appreciate what most of you said, but this thread is suppose to help me get an evo not turn my dad away from letting me get one....
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:25 PM

My Opinion if you can afford the insurance$$$$ gas$$$ maintenance$$$ and break down$$$$$$$$$$ cost out of your own pocket, I say go for it,

just be very safe if u get one they handle very differently all the way around that's just my opinion from driving rear wheel drives cars.

o ya awd cars doesn't make you a better driver even in the snow or rain and dry street just my opinion

show him that you can afford the car without his help idk just say in

Last edited by nebevo; Sep 2, 2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

well if its your own money then i don't see why you need to convice your father. if he is not convinced, as a car enthusiast, well you can reference on this site and others the potential to relatively inexpensively make it a great track, drag car. good luck
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are working and can afford it why not try to get a loan by your self.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evosdad
Who are you guys to say, " your too young to drive/own a evo?". All of you would jump on the oppertunity to get a car of this caliber at this age, and anyone that says "No" is full of ****. Don't hate because his parents a successful.

The dude asked how to convince his dad that the evo is a great car. Not for all you guys to preach to him, if he wanted that he'd go to church.

Im 20, and here shortly I'll be looking for a evo, hell, it will be my 3rd AWD turbo charged Mitsubishi. In fact I bet I can pilot one of my cars better then most of you, also I bet my other car has more power then some of you guys can handle.
All of us would jump at the chance to get an evo at his age because we didn't know any better. This is why we need mature people so that young people are not led astray. Why is it that every kid who comments on one of these posts mention parents being successful? I don't think many of the younger members grasp the concept that its not about affluence. I would rather him get a BMW 5 series which cost way more than an evo costs than to have an inexperienced driver behind a fast car which make you feel that you're a better driver than you actually are. It seems as if the same inane responses get posted almost verbatim time after time. I don't think you realize how much that hurts your cause. Even if you are one of the minority that makes mature decisions and judgements beyond your years you still have statistics against you.

Last edited by rcheung; Sep 2, 2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Your old enough to go to war so if you can afford it get it. But if your Dad says no than take your money and move out of his house save and then get your Evo.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:38 PM

i just got done talking to my dad and showed him everyones posts and he said i have no chance in getting an evo, he said he would rather by me the new camaro or something like that. so i guess we can end this thread
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:40 PM

there is no possible good reason you could give him to buy that car, you will probably do exactly everything he said to be honest. You can be young and still handle alot of car though(for all you old haters!!! lol), i've met/know alot of young and pretty good drivers in my area...

basically if he isnt into getting it just cuz you want to, i don think itll happen but good luck. Im only 19 and my pops is helpin me out with an IX

good luck!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by mr-derer2
I agree. too much car for someone only driving barely 3 years. A G35 coupe is too much car for a 19yr old too. what happen to saving up money from a low paying job and driving a beater. ya know, the things that make u appreciate the things u have cause u worked ur ***** off for it. Thats how it was for me. i earned everything i ever had. with sweat! and my first car was a 90 olds sedan 4 door with 150k on it. i loved that car. because i earned it. burned a quart of oil a day too.
yea not true ^ im 19 and have a fully built evo9. so dont say justt cause your 19 doesnt mean you cant afford it and what not
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kids that just graduated high school tend to be a little more mature since they're now facing the real world so saying you're not mature enough is just...... blaah.... (sorry, can't think of the word).

As for school and transferring in the future, you're going to struggle with money. Wouldn't pick one up right now but maybe after transferring if you still have plenty of money left, you might be able to get one.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

what community college do you go to in nj ?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, I would like to see how many young'ns that 'afford' their own evo's, also got the loan in ONLY their own name??? That is 'affording' the car on your own, not because you can make the payments, insurance etc.... it all on you....

I know more ppl that were under the age of 20 to wreck fast cars than keep em.... but I'm not calling you out, I also know a handful of ppl under 20 to have owned much faster cars than I ever did... its a case by case bases to put it simply...

Whats really important is actually your education, at your age I would advise to plan your future, can you afford school? The best senario is NEVER to have school loans... when you are 22, graduated, no debt, that is where your life will take off and you'll pile on the money with a decent degree....

A g35 is already a nice car, learn to be content with what you have, and stay out of debt as long as you can......or you'll be like me, with two sophisticated degrees and have almost 100k in school loans that you can't pay off until the next 20+ yrs which will easily double what you borrowed, and your rent + student loan payments will = $250k morage.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

i told my dad my dream car was an evo and i waited 3 years to get one... he did pay for it, but our deal was get into a good school and keep up the grades and hed get me one and i kept up my end so he did also... hopefully you can do it man awesome car, but dont push it to hard and no what your getting into its a very expensive car to mod/ maintain!!!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:50 PM

When I was your age i wanted an evo soooooo bad. I asked my mom to cosign for me and that i would make the payments yadda yadda. she didnt trust me with all that responsibility at that age so i could never get one. now i have one on my own and she was right. at the time i wanted that car i would going from job to job not having steady income. it would have been a huge mistake.

Just wait it out until you can afford your own man. Owning your car and not having to worry about what people will think, knowing that you can afford it, will make ownership that much sweeter.

Quick Reply: Help me convince my dad to let me get an evo!!!!