Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me convince my dad to let me get an evo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me convince my dad to let me get an evo!!!!

hey everyone, as the title say i need you guys to help me convince my dad to let me get an evo.... Hes being so gay saying you dont want that its ugly, a bad daily driver/ track car, il get to much attention from the cops blahh blahh blahhhh..... help me make him think otherwise, right now i have a g35 coupe and its time to move on. thanks
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How old are you?
Do you live at home?
What do you do college, high school, work, etc?
Longterm plan?

Then I'll give you a answer :-)
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:04 PM

Theres no love here...
If you cant pay for it, you ought not to be buying it.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jasil
How old are you?
Do you live at home?
What do you do college, high school, work, etc?
Longterm plan?

Then I'll give you a answer :-)
yes
i go to community college right now, but plan on transferring soon. and i work for my dad and uncle
i want to make it a track car (drag/autocross) yet still a daily driver, but not all at once mod it slowly.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:07 PM

If you have to ask your father for an evo... you're probably too young to own one. Sorry dude
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Got_Lag?
Theres no love here...
If you cant pay for it, you ought not to be buying it.
i can afford it. he just wont let me buy it because of the things i said before
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:13 PM

I agree. too much car for someone only driving barely 3 years. A G35 coupe is too much car for a 19yr old too. what happen to saving up money from a low paying job and driving a beater. ya know, the things that make u appreciate the things u have cause u worked ur ***** off for it. Thats how it was for me. i earned everything i ever had. with sweat! and my first car was a 90 olds sedan 4 door with 150k on it. i loved that car. because i earned it. burned a quart of oil a day too.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

^ couldnt say it any better..
Op.. Do you ask if its ok to date a girl? Does it have to be awd? What about an impreza, is it prettier?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

save your own money. youre 19 by the time you hit 21 you can probably afford the downpayment and get one without BUGGING ANYONE.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evowish
hey everyone, as the title say i need you guys to help me convince my dad to let me get an evo.... Hes being so gay saying you dont want that its ugly, a bad daily driver/ track car, il get to much attention from the cops blahh blahh blahhhh..... help me make him think otherwise, right now i have a g35 coupe and its time to move on. thanks
if you know the evo good enough you should be able to defend it yourself.

- evo being ugly that depends on personality tastes. nothing we can do.
- daily driver/track car - compare how big their engine is, weight, fuel economy, drive (being awd vs rear) and mod responsiveness...
- imo both cars are noticable to cops. depends on where your from, how linient the cops are. you can mod and maintain the same attention to the evo as if its stock.

good luck dude.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

I hate to age discriminate, but at your age, you really should be looking at a different car.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

haha i actually went from a g35 couple to an evo...although i pay for my own car, my dad was pissed off that i traded a luxury car for a raw sports car...tell him that the g35 is horrible and unsafe in the snow/rain, its boring to drive, slow, bad handling.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

1) If you are not old enough to make your own decisions, you should not get an Evo.

2) If do not know how to take care of yourself, you should not own an Evo.

3) If you still ask "Daddy" if you can do anything related to your life, you should not own an Evo.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evowish
yes
i go to community college right now, but plan on transferring soon. and i work for my dad and uncle
i want to make it a track car (drag/autocross) yet still a daily driver, but not all at once mod it slowly.
I don't know your parents financial situation or yours, but I have a 17yr old daughter and this is how it works with her.

She drives a 2002 Caravan to just get miles under her belt, so that is that part. I don't know your parents, but for my daughter she has two options. To go to a 4 year university or go in the military neither of those options guarantees her a new car, in fact the military means she probably won't get one.

The only way my daughter would go to a CC is if it were for prerequisites (cheaper) and then to a traditional 4 year university and it seems this is your path too.

So, considering you already have a car that is fairly new runs well (assuming) and need your parents help to upgrade or at least their blessing. If I were your dad I don't see why you need a EVO. To me it seems it will just distract you from focusing on the things you need to do to get ahead (education) and moving on to a traditional 4 year school.

Maybe I would be for it if my son saved enough to buy a beater car while maintaining a good GPA. I don't know though normally I'm a school, career first, toys, etc later type of guy. Good luck either way just remember now is your time to be and do anything. Down the road it's much harder my wife went back to school at 25 got her degree at 29, nailed a job and is now working and back in school at 34 for another 4 years. We have 4 kids!!! My point is if you want to be a PA, NP, MD, CRNA or anything that takes 6-11 years of full time school do it now!! Don't wait until you have kids, house, priorities, etc you can buy a EVO, GTR, Porsche, whatever you want if you go in the right field that's where it's at....think about the future!!! It is coming faster than you can imagine.

Last edited by Jasil; Sep 2, 2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

personally, i think that comments such as youre too young to own a car like that are bull****..none of you know the maturity level of this kid and whether or not he is capable of owning an evo. afterall, the evo is not some kind of supercar, its just a four door sports sedan that is capable of a lot.

Quick Reply: Help me convince my dad to let me get an evo!!!!