Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sponsorship Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sponsorship Question

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get anyone sponsorship for ur car... ive been modifiying my car like crazy and its looks great but i was wondering where or how do i get a car part store or company to sponsor my car
???
Old Sep 3, 2009, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jackchn152
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get anyone sponsorship for ur car... ive been modifiying my car like crazy and its looks great but i was wondering where or how do i get a car part store or company to sponsor my car
???
If you get alot of work done through/buy parts from a reputable shop maybe they can help you out just ask.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
more often than not you need to be in the public eye to showcase a company to have sponsorship offers

winning and being competitive is the key

drag/road racing/auto-x are all venues to get yourself noticed
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chaotichoax
more often than not you need to be in the public eye to showcase a company to have sponsorship offers

dont forget going to CAR SHOWS and showing your car helps as well. To be honest its hard to land a sponsor and more times then not your car will have to be fully built and looking good and at that point whats the point of a sponsor its already done
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

it really depends on what youre trying to do. most companies in this economy really want their dollar to go a long way. You have to separate yourself from an everyday person just asking for free parts. Also, the excuse that you'll drive around with their stickers on your car, won't impress them.

The best thing to do is treat it like a job and create a formal "resume" with your goals and everything you plan to do to reach them (racing, car shows, etc). If you're going to ask for HKS's sponsorship, it's probably not a good idea to have most of your car built by all other brands. An HKS SSQV BOV on your car isn't going to grab them.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

usually you land a sponsorship with a shop when you've already spent insane amount of money with them. hence, its like catch 22. ppl land sponsorships after the fact, which by then just helps you keep maintenance costs to a minimum.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chaotichoax

This.

Public figure, showcase products, good speaking skills, etc.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

agreed with above. You kinda gotta be known for something. Also chances are the car will already be almost at the point that its done. They will likely want something proven. Atleast thats been my case I found over the years.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
people arent gonna sponsor you cause you have a good looking car and you just drive it around... you need to race and win, or do the car show thing

look at it this way, a sponsor is gonna ask, what can you do to help me out? just driving around in public isnt gonna do anything for them
Old Sep 4, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by casper3043
usually you land a sponsorship with a shop when you've already spent insane amount of money with them. hence, its like catch 22. ppl land sponsorships after the fact, which by then just helps you keep maintenance costs to a minimum.
And this...

One of the guys from my local Evo club just got sponsored, but he already has 40k in his car... He went the show route..
Old Sep 4, 2009, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
to be honest again i would say forget about sponsorship your evo will have to be almost done anywho just focus on getting great deals yourself
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

You have to bring something to the table for the company you want a sponsorship from. What does that company have to gain by giving you free/discounted parts or services? Most companies will not just hand out sponsorships to just anyone. If they do not believe your car will give them significant exposure they will not sponsor you. As a sponsored driver/car you area also expected to be a spokesman for that company. You need to know about the products they produce and how they perform. You also need to be able to pursuade someone to buy that product over another. It's more than just throwing a few stickers on the car. Most companies will not sponsor a car that is stock or close to stock unless it is for fitment/test reasons. That is why most of the sponsored cars you see are either full race cars, show cars, or have a lot of public influence. Don't expect to get sponsored if all you are looking for is a handful of discounted parts and don't plan to do anything significant with them. It just doesn't work that way.