Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How to get in a magazine??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get in a magazine??

Just wondering where some of us guys can send our pics too see if our cars have what it takes to be in a big name magazine...(turbo, mod mag, import tuner..) who do we contact and where can i/we get this info?

Any help would be well appreciated.. Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
look on magazines websites, it usually tells you what u need to send in to get in a mag. just cause you send in the stuff doesnt mean your gonna get in either..... you gotta be unique
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KBgottaEVO
also start going to shows and getting your car out there in the scene...
this

or you can contact modified magazine, they have the last page for readers cars. not the kinda of coverage you might want, but it will get you started incase you make it big
Old Sep 7, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
is your car

fully built
-exterior
-interior
-engine bay
-won car shows
-done some time attack
-won time attack event
-autocross
-won autocross events
-drag racing
-put down impressive numbers
-been to several car shows
-unquire blend of parts(custom made stuff or otherwise)

if you have not done any of that stuff constantly then you have nothing to offer the mag by giving you a feature so you will not make a mag at all maybe the last page like somebody stated earlier. you cant just build a average car and expect to land one. has to be unique in some way or known by several of those means i listed. This how do i get sponsors and land mag question are getting old and stupid if all you do is drive you car and put average mods on it your just another car to them. You have to stand out thats the key. start doing what i listed above hardcore and get really really good at it then you will see the sponsors mag come in. also helps to have custom parts made etc but not required

Last edited by RockmanX; Sep 7, 2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
is your car

fully built
-exterior
-interior
-engine bay
-won car shows
-done some time attack
-drag racing
-been to several car shows

if you have not done any of that stuff constantly then you have nothing to offer the mag by giving you a feature so you will not make a mag at all maybe the last page like somebody stated earlier. you cant just build a average car and expect to land one. has to be unique in some way or known by several of those means i listed. This how do i get sponsors and land mag question are getting old and stupid if all you do is drive you car and put average mods on it your just another car to them. You have to stand out thats the key. start doing what i listed above hardcore and get really really good at it then you will see the sponsors mag come in. also helps to have custom parts made etc but not required

^pretty much what he said, with the focus on the bold print.

Last edited by Neteru; Sep 7, 2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Spend money aimlessly on expensive aesthetic modifications that don't necessarily improve performance and make sure they all have a recognizable brand names that are best known for throwing large, gawdy stickers on cars while an average looking, scantily clad female is draped clumsily across the hood.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 09:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The key thing to ask yourself is... If a stranger owned your car, would you care to read about it? If the answer is yes then you might be able to get into one, if the answer is no then what can you do to make the car more unique to sell some magazines.

Cheers!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I hear a lot of ARC products gets you in
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Spend money aimlessly on expensive aesthetic modifications that don't necessarily improve performance and make sure they all have a recognizable brand names that are best known for throwing large, gawdy stickers on cars while an average looking, scantily clad female is draped clumsily across the hood.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

i think i've seen like 3 of these exact same posts on this forum already
Old Sep 27, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Rockmanx whats up, long time no hear. No but sadly i have to disagree with you brother. Readers rides you dont need to have all that. I do agree with you if you want like a big article of your ride, then of course your right. But if someone just wants the joy of saying hey my car is in this mag in the readers ride section, then you dont. I have seen cars with just intake, exhaust, maybe some wheels and a drop, and they get it in there. It is good for the moral of people. Then there are months where they do like military readers rides. And ive seen cars in there from my city, and im like okay that is cool, ive seen that car. Its all moral brother, and yeah it does help getting the car noticed out there. Like as of right now, the way my car sits, id love to try and get it in a readers ride. Now your car rockman of course can make for a good article in a mag, as i know the custom stuff you have done to your car. But me, im a readers ride section kind of guy right now due to funds lol. Family comes before my car u know what im saying.
Yup Family first hands down. You should never build a car just for a mag article. I have seen loaded down cars with what i call bs parts not make a mag. I have seen great cars not make a mag. Your losing focus if thats your agenda. You should be building your car for you personal enjoyment. how many of use really buy these mags anyways. I know i will not waste the 5$ on one unless i got a subscribtion. I have one to turbo mag that i got awhile ago. it keeps renewing and not really hurting my bank account so i just keep that one going. But the readers ride section is great for a boost in confidence but its almost like getting second place a pity party. No points for second place. Im sure the OP was meaning a mean feature in the mag not that kind of attention. Remember if your not First you last!!! lol
Old Sep 27, 2009, 07:48 AM

flip through the magazine and see what brands have the biggest advertisements... buy those parts and submit your pictures
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Have a clean show worthy car that people slow down to appreciate... And then some nice photos... Modfied Had a full issue with only readers rides In the last issue.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
How about not worrying about getting into a stupid magazine. Build the car the way you want and drive it to its potential while you can. You only live once!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
How about not worrying about getting into a stupid magazine. Build the car the way you want and drive it to its potential while you can. You only live once!
so why not try and get into a magazine? I would see it as another check of my list, I will probably getting my car ready for a magazine submission in not too long, but the way your saying it makes it seem like either we are all old or our cars are gonna blow up lol. I've had 2 evos since I was 16 , now i'm 20 and all I have as far as future cars is higher up the ladder. So ya the evo is a great car but shoot I don't have the mind set live for this one car lol I want more !