Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Forbes names Evo to Top 10 sports car of all time

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2003, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe the Ford GT40 wasn't in there. That car made history and still does to this day. Oh well. Also the Shelby Cobra, one of a kind! Nice cars though in the list. I do agree though, the Evo is an amazing car, but doesn't belong in this class. However it will take top ten sedan list. I wonder if the Ford Tempo would be in there as well Peice of crap!

BTW - I love spool: Leave the damn forum already. All you do is bash people, talk Bull**** and wear a skirt. If we wanted to hear from an ******* we would fart.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

no sti? darn.........
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by i_love_spool
They must mean the Evo 6 and Evo 7, because the USDM Evo 8 certainly isn't a "great" sports car, with it's cheap paint, cheap clutch and lack of super-ayc.

The Evo 7 and 6 are in an entire different class of Sports Car, not without MAJOR reconfigurations will the Evo 8 ever been mentioned in the same breath. The design isn't classic, or timeless or cutting edge, it's butt-ugly from grill to altezza's. Sorry but it's the truth, when they designed the Evo 8 the designer was on crack.
srt 4 cavalier
dude go the srt4 site and find out why they placed a hood scoop on a frount mount intercooler equipped car.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Rawdog5581
I can't believe the Ford GT40 wasn't in there. That car made history and still does to this day. Oh well. Also the Shelby Cobra, one of a kind! Nice cars though in the list. I do agree though, the Evo is an amazing car, but doesn't belong in this class. However it will take top ten sedan list. I wonder if the Ford Tempo would be in there as well Peice of crap!

BTW - I love spool: Leave the damn forum already. All you do is bash people, talk Bull**** and wear a skirt. If we wanted to hear from an ******* we would fart.
I agree fully, no way a 427 Cobra is not on any top 10 sports cars of all time list. For me there is no other car I would rather have then a original 427 Cobra.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
No suprise!
Old Oct 24, 2003, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

It's hard to compare a car from the 50s or 60s to a car now. Cars now just stomp all over the older cars. Current super cars are more comfortable, less twitchy, more capable, more envonmentally friendly. It's hard to compare a 427 Cobra to a Murcialago. Back in it's day it was amazing, but as things go on they improve. Those older cars have lots of nostalgia and are really cool, even great for their day. But go drive a Cobra and you'll wonder how they raced these things at all.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

It just still blows my mind that you can take a brand new car today with horsepower potential, which ways 10 times less than an old super sports car and that old muscle car will at least keep up, or blow the new car away.

More technology in cars always means more problems.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 03:11 PM

No F40
F50
Enzo
Pagani Zonda
Ferrari 250 GTO
Diablo
Mercedes CLK GTR

That list is crap.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

It blows my mind that idiots, think an old car is some how better than cars now days.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

It depends on how you rate them, and that being subjective allows most any result. But on pure specs and arm chair racing, current cars like the 10s Enzos, and McLarens, just blow away sports cars from the 60s, even most F1 cars of the 50s and 60s would not be able to compete.

2100 lbs with 650hp and amazing aerodyamics, suspension, tires is quite capable.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:29 PM
In Timeout

It's because we can't get it. Just like JDM. Grass is always greener deal.

Originally posted by Quickshift
It blows my mind that idiots, think an old car is some how better than cars now days.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ap-evo83

dude go the srt4 site and find out why they placed a hood scoop on a frount mount intercooler equipped car.
Feeds air onto the intake manifold to help make the charge a little more dense, doesn't it?
Old Oct 26, 2003, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

Iam sick and tired of hearing sour grapes from a few USDM Evo owners that "we dont need AYC, ACD", "more electronics means more problems" yada yada etc etc.... Look, guys in europe, Japan and myself dont come here saying you guys got the bad end of the stick or that you guys over in the states got a really bad EVO, becos WE RESPECT THE CAR IN WHATEVER FORM IT TAKES. whether its got AYC, SUPER AYC or not...... Look, I was just in California and Ive driven the USDM EVO and its a great car, but in my experience(not opinion), I can drive my own stock JDM evo faster around twisted bits than my mates stock EVO in the states. Maybe its the ayc, acd, maybe its just PSYCHOLOGICAL? He has driven my car here and agrees too. But thats just us and our feelings. What do you slammers of JDM spec EVOs have as experience to back up you remarks? I have to admit the AYC and ACD Less evos like what u guys get over there are a better platform for drag racing, off the line cos the AYC is perhaps very vulnerable to hard launch abuse. Look Ive driven EVO 7 RS's without ayc,acd which i feel is extremely similar to the USDM evo 8 and can tell you, its more fun but still hugely capable. Jumping in from a GSR into an RS is a different experience all together. Its easier to power silde and get the tail out if you want. More drama and effects but less of the speed. You get better stability and can take corners and exit them at much higher speeds in GSR's or RSII(RS with AYC, ACD) Please Appreciate and respect your own EVO as much as other people's evos regardless whether they got AYC ,ACD, A Titanium Turbo etc... becos at the end of the day, we are all evo enthusiasts.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, buddy...Evos ROCK!!!
Old Oct 26, 2003, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Changy- Awwww come on arm chair racing and comparing specs is so much more worthwhile than experince.. heh. That'a dripping with sarcasm in case it might not be completely clear. Heck around here there would only be a handful of posts if people talked about their experience, instead of some text book botched attempt at a comparison. It is entertaining though...

I think that is what makes cars great, their driving experience. On Paper, the Evo, either Japanese Model or US Model, certainly is capable, but it's only when you get behind the wheel that it clicks. AS with the US Model STi, on paper it is just an amazing bunch of technical masturbation, but when you drive it, you realize it's been turned into a cup holder with wheels. Specs don't do many cars justice. Driving them gives the real sense of what they offer. I had my money down on a STi becuase of it's "superior" specs - 2.5L, 300hp, 6spd, etc... But once my brother and a friend picked up their Evos and I ran em around, I was upset and excited. I wasn't going to be getting the car I thought I was, but I was going to be getting a car that is phenominal to drive. Though I'm now just waiting till the 2004 model shows up in hopes a few kinks get worked out. Though the 28k price tag many dealers are tempting me with might sway me....

Quick Reply: Forbes names Evo to Top 10 sports car of all time