Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car cover

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car cover

Who makes the best one for our cars?
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

autozone does NOT if you have a wing because it wont go over the back of the car so at least steer clear of that one
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

i have the oem one, not the best material, but so far its been doing its job good
Old Sep 20, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Covercraft easily. Its got several layers, designed exactly for evos so it has a pocket for the mirrors and wing, scratch resistant on the inside so if the cover moves it wont scratch the paint, and it locks so it cant blow off or walk away...uv protectant i sound like a dang spokesperson but i deploy often for months at a time without a garage and its an awesome replacement for not having a covered area.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Skott2k
Covercraft easily. Its got several layers, designed exactly for evos so it has a pocket for the mirrors and wing, scratch resistant on the inside so if the cover moves it wont scratch the paint, and it locks so it cant blow off or walk away...uv protectant i sound like a dang spokesperson but i deploy often for months at a time without a garage and its an awesome replacement for not having a covered area.

sounds expensive lol
Old Sep 20, 2009, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

I had a Covercraft Noah cover when I owned an Evo and it was great.

I sold it a few weeks back.

If I recall it was about $250.00, but not too bad for piece of mind in car protection.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:42 PM

i was gonna take some old blankets cover it up then with those blue tarp deals. anything wrong with that? a car cover is way out of budget right now

pretty sad when you have a $20k+ car and you'll pull off insurance and stop driving it for awhile just to make the car payment so you can still keep it haha.

Last edited by allister; Sep 20, 2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by allister
i was gonna take some old blankets cover it up then with those blue tarp deals. anything wrong with that? a car cover is way out of budget right now

pretty sad when you have a $20k+ car and you'll pull off insurance and stop driving it for awhile just to make the car payment so you can still keep it haha.
My advice, that's not the best plan, car covers such as NOAH or Evolution 4, "breathe" not allowing moisture to get trapped and cause a mess. Tarps will likely not allow the moisture to evaporate efficiently.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

yeah whats the world coming to when your insurance is basically your second car payment
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:33 PM

I have the covercraft Noah and it worked good except that I noticed that it kept slipping up the front bumper in high winds....but it didn't fly off sooooo its not that bad either.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by onedesigntalk
I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/

I'm assuming there's no problems with fitment?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Unrivaled
I'm assuming there's no problems with fitment?
^ +2.

I also assume they are custom fitted for a particular car?

The prices are much better than the Covercraft models, so I might have to look into one.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To add, not subtract from the OP's topic... best for me would be one thick enough that it would offer at least "some" protection from hail if need be. Is there even anything that claims to do that. Been garage kept both home AND work since 03'. Work might change...
Old Nov 1, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

i bought the OEM car cover. had vents/tie downs, wasnt too expensive (forget how much), fit great, and you also get big mitsu badge on the front
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:16 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gottf257
i bought the OEM car cover. had vents/tie downs, wasnt too expensive (forget how much), fit great, and you also get big mitsu badge on the front
Be careful with the OEM cover; it's not very gentle on paint. Too, if the paint isn't 100% dirt-free, the cover will drag whatever is on the surface and cause marring. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Car cover