Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ok .. I bought an EVO 5 now what

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2003, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok .. I bought an EVO 5 now what

Ok .. I bought an EVO 5 now what.. here is what it came with..

OS Giken twin plate clutch
Samco Turbo hoses
K&N Drop in Filter
Custom 3" exhaust

I want it to run in the 11's like my RX7 but I don't want another drag car.. the 7 is enough headache as it is already maxed.

I like the Profec B with the remote switch on the steering wheel.. but what are you guys using for boost controllers ? Lots of folks in my country seem to like the TurboXS Dual Stage Manual controllers..what about you guys ??

ECU's .. I have a GEMS dealer in my country but I don't want to have to mess with fully programmable units.. How much and where would be a good source for re-worked swap ECU's non-programmable.. like the RALLY ART or MINES units ??

What's the next step upgrade turbo ?
Is a TO4R or a T78 too big ?? ( reason is, I have access to these) ..or the TDO6-18/20G ?

Basically, my plan at the moment for the car is as follows, tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

1- A proper intake system with hard piping like the HKS
2- A Mines or Rally Art ECU already re-mapped
3- Profec B boost controller
4- 16 psi low boost and 18-20 psi hi-Boost with Toluene added to the tank to bring the octane over 100 RON. From what I've read, guys run a max of 18 psi on the stock ECU.. but we have many EVO 4-7's here running 22 psi with Octane boosters.. Toluene or Xylene.

TIA,
3rdGen7
www.trinituner.com