Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mark modaressi thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by damstr
^^^ This. I'm in the hiring process right now and can't wait to get the academy then get out on the streets and take care of the idiots.

People who drink and drive should have their license taken away for a good amount of time.
Congrates man.

They should have their licenses revoked for life. My dad told me along time ago driving is a privilege. Whenever my dad or mother would buy me something when I was a child if I broke it or show no car to take care of it then they took it away and I never got it back....now that I think about it my Sega Genesis was tossed out the window into the street cause I would kick it around my room when I had company over he caught me doing that and goodbye.

Same thing with these *******s not only drunk drivers but all idiots on the road. Fast drivers and aggressive drivers bike, car, or truck. I don't care your going down.....don't plea not guilty cause I will show up in court too.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

This is a polarizing subject. Honestly, alcohol is only one way people are "impaired" when driving.

Surely there are many other circumstances that cause death (car neglect, talking / texting on the cell phone, age, drugs, not paying attention, health issues, etc, etc, etc.). And yet, as a society, we punish the drunk drivers more than anyone. So much in fact, that you could gargle scope, chew some gum, and blow a .08, pay 12k (how many people have this laying around?), go to Jail, talk with MADD, and have it held over your head the rest of your life.

Then, when your friend dies in an bike accident, the cops blame it on the one beer he had (not the huge chunk of asphalt laying in the road), and arrest your other friend (who also had one beer) for drunk driving after he spent the last 20 minutes trying to recessitate your now dead friend.

Now don't get me wrong, im not defending drunk drivers. If you are stupid enough to get in a car after getting hammered, someone should straight up rips your ***** off. However, we have taken it too far. Our prisons are already beyond full (lots of articles here), costing an average of $60 billion a year, not to mention the loss of productivity from having over 2million people in jail.

With all that being said, my prayers and thoughts go to Mark's family. That is a sad way to lose a son, and I hope they can find some sense of peace with the situation.

Last edited by JJsEvo8; Sep 24, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

the founder of MADD got pulled over for a DUI....
Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03
the founder of MADD got pulled over for a DUI....

STFU!!!

The irony....
Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
driving drunk should be an automatic lifetime revoke of your license. no matter the case or circumstances. the sh*t is outta control and the court systems are not doing enough to keep it from happening. it really makes me mad
I feel for anyone who has lost a family member to a drunk driver.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raginghadron
Spoken like someone has never been drunk before. Part of being drunk is impairment of choice. If you THINK you're going to be drinking, make sure you have a DD to get your back. Give them your keys, whatever it takes.
I haven't touched an alcoholic drink in 10 years, but I have been drunk. And guess what EVERY single time I drank (when I did drink) I stayed at the place I was drinking at. Even if I planned on only having a single drink I didn't chance it.

Don't confuse the meaning of my statement with me ignorantly saying that everyone that drinks is automatically drunk when they finish drinking. But what percentage of people who end up drunk (like stupid drunk) didn't plan on that? If a person goes out drinking and is aware that they have a tendency to get trashed then I'm sorry, they are fully aware.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

in japan they kick you in the gonads if you catch a DUI
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Another one of these 2 faced threads.. ay ay ay lol

R.I.P.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

in my criminal justice classes we talked about DD....and 80% of fatal accidents due to DD the BAC was above .20 (or something high like that) .08 is really strict...
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:19 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
technology will be the only solution to this problem.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03
in my criminal justice classes we talked about DD....and 80% of fatal accidents due to DD the BAC was above .20 (or something high like that) .08 is really strict...
it is strict but i suppose it could be considered to set structure in peoples actions. I do think that certain levels should have certain consequences. drive with a .10-.20 then be severe in punishment. SOOOO many of you without knowing have driven as a .08. Hell I have and I got caught. Just didnt know i was LEGALLY ok.

everyone bashing DD.. understand human error. Society picked out drunk driving as the base of all hell in this country. I do feel for losing family from drunk driving and Hell, I get 5 teeth just dangling in my mouth from a drunk driver. but realize how dangerous STREET RACING is or talking on the cell phone is or eating at the wheel is. Hey they all kill people... now tell me you NEVER talk on the cell phone, eat or especially street race.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I was almost t-boned by a drunk driver last night on my way home, less than a block from my house. It was 2:30 am and I was sitting at a stop sign, getting ready to pull out and I see this car heading really fast towards their stop sign. I waited as I didn't know what this idiot was going to do... well the car never even stopped at the stop sign! Blew right threw at about 45 mph, almost missed a 90 degree turn and then practically stopped half way into the next intersection. I seriously felt very lucky!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sleep in the car, put your keys in the trunk. Get a cab to club/party. Dont drink and drive its stupid. Even you drive very very carefully because you had a couple of beers, you get in car accident even if its not your fault...you can get in trouble.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They should impound drunk driver's cars so they won't get to drive until they finish extensive evaluations and pay a huge fine for first and subsequent offenses!