Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mark modaressi thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mark modaressi thread

you guys should definitely keep that thread open. i lost my sister to a drunk driver. Showing the loss of his life and how it affected the community wether it be close friends or people on a forum may help when it comes to the court preceding more than you think, especially during sentencimg. i know it sounds messed up but when a well, liked, respected, loved one of a community gets killed the sentencing can be more harsh than if it weresome crackhead bum who died. this is very important when it comes to drunk driving cases. people still seem to think of it as "just an accident" drunk person and a car is = drunk person with gun, both can kill just the same

RIP mark

thanks
jake
Old Sep 22, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prodigalsunn
you guys should definitely keep that thread open. i lost my sister to a drunk driver. Showing the loss of his life and how it affected the community wether it be close friends or people on a forum may help when it comes to the court preceding more than you think, especially during sentencimg. i know it sounds messed up but when a well, liked, respected, loved one of a community gets killed the sentencing can be more harsh than if it weresome crackhead bum who died. this is very important when it comes to drunk driving cases. people still seem to think of it as "just an accident" drunk person and a car is = drunk person with gun, both can kill just the same

RIP mark

thanks
jake

With all due respect..... NO ONE deserves to die, not even a hobo/crack head. Let alone by a drunk.

While a lot of people did not know Mark ( myself being one ), the thread did make awareness of the results of drinking and driving.

Remember, it may not be your loved one that you hit, but it is somebody's.

Since I do not drink at all, I am always the designated.

Keep em safe and on the roads folks.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
driving drunk should be an automatic lifetime revoke of your license. no matter the case or circumstances. the sh*t is outta control and the court systems are not doing enough to keep it from happening. it really makes me mad
Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
driving drunk should be an automatic lifetime revoke of your license. no matter the case or circumstances. the sh*t is outta control and the court systems are not doing enough to keep it from happening. it really makes me mad

Bingo!!

As I will say a million times over there is NEVER a reason to drink and drive. You choose to drink. And you choose to drive. It should not be tolerated in any shape or form and people getting a slap on the wrist is what's perpetuating the cycle.

Start hitting drunk drivers hardcore with jail time and license revocation and you'll see it start happening less.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

In Europe, if you are caught drinking and driving, they revoke your license for life.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thats is completley not true my friend^.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

we dont need to over populate the already over crowed prison system with drunk drivers...and taking a license away ist going to stop people from driving.

with all do respect, i to have lost a friend in a drunk accident, since the birth of the automobile there has been and always will be drunks driving cars.

the only think you can do is make sure you dont do it or your friends dont do it....cause Johny Law cant stop them.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:04 AM

thats a really good point.. if you wanna change the world start with yourself.. laws arent going to make stupid people smart.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if this is an American thing or southern but I know so many people that drive drunk and when I ask why they give me an aw shucks look or response....its really upsetting.....seriously I think everyone I know has driven drunk...and these are people from all walks of life, family people, professionals, lazy asses, students....people who have lost loved ones to dunk drivers.....its crazy.

It makes me so mad esp. when they start laughing about it. That $#!t is not cool.

I lost a family member to a senseless crime like drunk driving earlier this year.....No words.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
You choose to drink. And you choose to drive.
Spoken like someone has never been drunk before. Part of being drunk is impairment of choice. If you THINK you're going to be drinking, make sure you have a DD to get your back. Give them your keys, whatever it takes.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03
we dont need to over populate the already over crowed prison system with drunk drivers...and taking a license away ist going to stop people from driving.

with all do respect, i to have lost a friend in a drunk accident, since the birth of the automobile there has been and always will be drunks driving cars.

the only think you can do is make sure you dont do it or your friends dont do it....cause Johny Law cant stop them.

This ^ To the fullest.

the only think you can do is make sure you dont do it or your friends dont do it....cause Johny Law cant stop them all*

Fixed
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Well hopefully after I become a police officer I can start locking these people up with no remorse.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fuze49
In Europe, if you are caught drinking and driving, they revoke your license for life.
False.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

I think a lifetime ban is too much. However, I think the first offense should be a minimum of 1 year without a license. If you get caught a second time your license gets revoked for another year plus you get a week or two in jail, no matter what. If you do it a third time you get your license revoked for a couple of years and you get at least a month in jail, no matter what.

The bottom line is that no matter how drunk someone is they are still making a decision to drive. The people on here who are saying that "the alcohol made them do it" are the ones who probably drive with too much alcohol in their system.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DBallz
Well hopefully after I become a police officer I can start locking these people up with no remorse.
^^^ This. I'm in the hiring process right now and can't wait to get the academy then get out on the streets and take care of the idiots.

People who drink and drive should have their license taken away for a good amount of time.

Quick Reply: mark modaressi thread