Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help

im 17 soon and im thinking about making getting a Evo 9 MR thats under 20k miles i have $25,000 cash. how much would you guys think my insurance will be? will it be worth getting an evo has my first car? need some feed back from you guys help me
Old Sep 23, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
which one is it, getting or making? If your 17 and this is your first car it will be a pretty penny, save up some money for the payments. My first car i still have, a 98 prelude. Got me into building them up, taught me the ropes under the hood, and wasn't nearly as expensive to work on as the evo so if it sh*t the bed, it didn't break the bank...
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone is going to castigate you because of your age but don't let that deter you from owning the car. I got mine at 17 and still no speeding tickets and on stock clutch,motor, and tranny. You should ask the insurance agencies yourself since the selected company is the one setting the price. If I could go back, I would have gotten a beater to start off. Maintainance is a ***** on this car and I constantly worry about vandalism and door dings on the ruthless college campus. ...But the grass is always greener on the other side.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't mean to come across harsh in my post, if you read that at all please understand that was not my intent. If you can get an Evo, with the money that you have, and you really want it, go for it. It will be a blast as i'm sure everyone on this forum can attest to. The maintenance is high, and the insurance will be a little high too, just don't go crazy when you first get it and rack up 100 tickets, take it easy and the rates will come down, mod her smartly with a goal in mind, and she will serve you well for a long time...
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

If you ever need help or advice with an 06 MR, drop me a PM with any questions... Good luck
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:23 PM

im getting an evo mr because of the beauty of it. it will not be for racing. i know there will be a point of my life where i will test it :]. dont plan on getting more parts on an evo i would like it stock
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

I think if you've proven responsible enough to save up $25,000, then by all means grab an evo. If you are able to get one for <$19,000 then you will have a lot of money left over for insurance and maintenance.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
search

closed...