Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So I'm taking the EVO on one of 2 of its long trips tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone seems to have it pretty much covered the only thing I'd add is to bring some extra napkins and paper towels in case something gets spilled in the ride. Need to get it up before it stains too bad. Check all your fluid levels right before you leave. When you stop for gas check your fluid levels again. Maybe throw some cleaner in the tank the first time you fill it up. Car cell phone charger, Flashlight, First Aid Kit, Jumper cables/Jump box, blankets, candles, coats, ect... Just your basic travel kit if you have one. You could sub some of that stuff out though to fit your needs for traveling, just throwing some stuff out there you might need. Evo should be just fine. They like cruising on the highways. Drive safe and have fun!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rockman I've had a crazy few weeks and I haven't had the time to take pics plus the bumper is coming back off so i can put the support beam back in there.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I will run E85 where possible but I have a switch so I can go back to 93 when needed. I have some gear wrenches and some sockets and I'm bringing my laptop just incase i need to make any changes in ECUFlash.

When I go to Canada I'll be going to Toronto. I'm from there so I go back as often as I can to visit my wifes family and some of my friends. I'm actually a little more excited about that trip since I take it through the carolina mountains and WVA....its a fun route.

Again thanks guys. I may post from the road.

UPDATE: The alternator I had replaced is looking likes its bad. I'm kinda pissed but I'm glad it happened now and not on the trip. I had no idea aftermarket alternators suck so much *****. I'll be taking my car to the shop last minute to confirm but if the alternator is bad then I will be asking for my money back plus see if they will cover some of the labor costs to get it put in since I didn't have the time to put it in myself. Never fuvking fails.

My wife is pissed off with me....well moreso the car. Its been one thing after the other with this fuvking things. AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. Sorry guys I'm a little pissed off myself. Hopefully the shop I go to can get me fixed up quick.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Once you get into Orlando, you need to stop by Proccolinos on Goldenrod Ave, possibly the best pizza Ive ever had. Depending on where your staying is take the 528 east to Goldenrod Ave and head north. It should be about 2 miles on the left.

Stay off International Drive at night

Depending on how old your kids are. Every Thursday night on Coca Beach they have Reggae night with bands and what not. Pretty decent time there. Or if your lucky enough to see a shuttle launch, thats pretty impressive.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

I'm staying off 429 in Kissimmee (sp). Radisson. Y'all won't believe what happened....Besides being stopped about 3 times for bogus **** and given warnings I decided to wash the car off (We late because I had to replace the alternator yet again).....went to a sketchy spray off place (lights werre all off....and I had limited change so I'm using the foam brush on the front half of the car.....I figure i will try to give it a proper washing later.....stop at walmart around 1pm....Noticed the windshield was kind difficult to see through...get back to the hotel.....whoever used the FUVKING foam brush must've dipped it in oil.......WHAT THE FUVK.........>AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH Thats what I get for not waiting until the daylight. So now I have ot wake up early early in the morning to SCRUB the car....any suggestions on whats the best way to get grease off the car properly...keep in mind I only have a spray off place 15 minutes away. No access to a hose to give the car a proper washing.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
always have tools handy!!!

I wont go on any trips in the evo period. Lol

but, if i had to, i would surely bring tools.
x2 !
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:28 PM

i think its too late but an invaluable tool is a rader detector for long drives....not knowing where speed traps are in other states sucks. Just check the state byt state legality of it and pop it off when its not legal.

make sure it has the spare

Other than that- zip ties,duct tape,tools and lots of audio books or good music
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It'll be fun to take it for a long trip but I would just rent a comfortable car or van to take your kiddies down to Disney.