Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

a question about a few problems

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a question about a few problems

okay so i installed my boost gauge and wired it into the radio so the light stays on all the time. while i was finishing up the install the power and ground wire touched and blew a fuse. i changed the fuse in the engine bay which was blown and still no luck with the radio or clock. any suggestions? second question. while the gauge was working while i was testing the gauge the vacuum read about 24. is that to high or is that around right, because it hits the proper amount of boost and tapers off to where its supposed to. my car is 100% stock

thanks for any suggestions
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what brand of boost gauge?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:06 PM

its a cheap brand jdm. my buddy has the same kind and works fine in his car. so i have thought it was just mine. i have also hooked up my cousins autometer and with his i read between 14 and 18 vacuum
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

24 vacumn is about what mine is, so as far as im concerned its cool. What wires did you cross the power and ground for the light in your gauge? Why didnt you wire the light to your gauges so it comes on with the rest of your display?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 06:44 AM

I thought it would be easier to do it with the radio seeing how easy it is to take the radio out. but i had spliced into the power and ground on the radio and connected them to the light on the boost gauge. but i hadnt taped them off while i was testing it so the radio power and ground touched.

and thanks now im not so concerned with the vacuum.

Last edited by andrewr; Sep 26, 2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 08:11 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Andrew, it may not be a bad idea to check all of the fuses for a short. Use a small pair of pliers and a gentle touch to remove and check all engine bay and drivers side cabin fuses. I wish I had a fuse diagram in front of me here at work to help guide you.

If it were me I'd hook the gauge up to the radio light so the gauges are on only when your lights are. On a side note if you are twisting the wires together and not soldering/properly protecting them, you are playing with fire. Literally.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 08:35 AM

Thank you for the suggestions I had planned on doing that today. I had only twisted the wires together to make sure everything was working I went back and soldered them after testing it. I will post up again after checking all the fuses

Thanks again