Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: VIVID RACING
good experience
54.45%
bad experience
45.55%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

vivid racing :good/bad

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:42 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by OnlineAlias

No vendor should be subjected to this! I think they are holding up pretty well considering the theme of the thread is "Lynchmob Vivid!"...hahahaha
Did you happen to read that nasioc thread? Bet ya didnt nobody needs to Lynch Vivid they are perfectly capable of success or failure themselves. Just because your a vendor doesnt give you immunity from your business dealings. That like saying no politician should be questioned, no theif should be convicted because he is an addict, no molester should be jailed cause he was abused. Business is survival of the fittest when people say you must support Mom and pops or downtown vendors that are not deserving I tell um Ill meet them down there.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 10:46 AM
KC
Evolving Member

Looks like the SRT crowd isn't too pleased either.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40363

Viva la intarweb!
Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

I was unable to vote

For some reason, I was unable to vote. Without giving an opinion, I can only say emphatically, that I will never do business with them again.....ever.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for taking the poll from Budlong. Since this is a forum and people feel like leaving their opinions that are true or not I will do so here.

It is unfortunate that a few people are out to "Lynch Vivid". But it is our RESPONSIBILITY to make sure our customers that come from all over not just forums are taken care of. Our only job is to offer the best and newest products at a great prices with good service and we do that. It this was not true then all of our experience, growth, and success over the last 3 years would not be possibly. I deeply apologize to those that have actually ordered and have problems. We have 9 people here and ship alot of orders and mistakes happen. Not acceptable but a reality and I will do EVERYTHING in my power to fix these unhappy people.

Unfortunately since information on the Internet travels fast from a few that enjoy taunting others, let me clear these things up. We have a warehouse with over $300,000 in products. We cannot have everything here and compared to other shops, we have more. We have setup a strong distribution channel of people who sell our products and people who we buy from to efficiently ship your orders. We are very active on alot of forums. We have a advertising plan and budget which some forums we continue advertising on and others we do not. Nasioc and Vivid have been working together for 3 years. And we have decided to part ways. Issues arise on other forums from products that we take control of and fix. This is a temporary thing.

So on a final note - I will DO ANYTHING in my power to assist you as a consumer. Since I do not know who everyone is here is my contact info. If you EVER have a issue please contact me DIRECTLY so I can handle your needs. I am here 12 hours a day and happy to provide you with whatever info you need.

Dan
General Partner
1-866-44-VIVID x290
dan@vividracing.com
AOL AIM - EVOLVEDAZ

Hanzo - we spoke on the phone SEVERAL times and both resolved our differences back in JULY or so. I have no idea why you troll around after we had a very professional discussion and came to a resolution.

KC - I called you at your house and even though you have NEVER bought anything from Vivid or dealt with us, you continue to preach against us. We had a very professional conversation for about a hour and came to terms. I have kept my promises and professionalism and wish you would too.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

"We have 9 people here and ship alot of orders and mistakes happen. "

yes mistakes happen, but according to this poll they have happened to almost HALF of your customers... that does not give me any confidence in your business. Like ive said before... you have a glorious website.... but your prices and service leave a lot to be desired.
Other vendors have proven time and time again that people can ship on time, wont take your money for something they dont even have in stock, and wont charge a restocking fee for mistakes the company made.

I doubt everyone is here to lynch you. People just dont like to get screwed.. and it seems A LOT of people have had that experience from vivid, including myself.

im sure you can turn things around, cuz honestly, it cant get much worse.

good luck to you hayden...

BUDLoNG
Old Mar 5, 2004, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Just because somebody hasen't experienced buying something though your company doesn't mean they dont have the right to voice their opinion about the situation, you might not like it, but theirs absolutely nothing you can do about it, deal with it. Consumers protect consumers, and people dont like to see other people get screwed, especially tight knit messageboards such as these.

If ten people shopped at vivid racing, and all ten of those people posted on a messageboard telling the community that they had an unsatisfactory shopping experience with a timeline and info of what happened, your going to have people who've never shopped at vivid racing, examining the problem, putting in their two cents about the situation and possibly give some idea's of how to clear up the problem, and letting other memebers know to steer clear since other people have been screwed. Did you know that if one person has had a bad experience with a company, that they will tell on average 36 people to not do business with that person? Put yourself in the shoes of a consumer....

"Im going to buy from company Z because company Y had more complants from customers, than company Z did."

And if other people asked that consumer what they though about company Z?

"Don't waste your time with company Z, it seems that they run a shotty business because alot of others were complaining about putting an order though, under the impression this item was in stock, having their credit card immediately charged, but never receiving a product"

In all honestly, ive never seen so many complants in my entire life about a business, if anybody is to blame, its you, you put yourself in this situation by making some really bad ethical moves on your part, and now your complaining about having thousands of people as you'd like to put it "lynching" because you feel that others that never bought anything from you just want to annoying by complaining also, but your pissed off because your covor's been blown and your business is slowly dying down. It only makes it worse on your part when you lash out to everyone saying how vivid racing has been victimised because of all these consumer complaints.

Please....
Old Mar 5, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

well put "tryandcatchme" !
Old Mar 6, 2004, 05:53 AM
KC
Evolving Member

Since you can cut and paste, I will too.

Dan,

We discussed this over the phone one of the couple times you called me to talk last year.

If the company could run on you alone making sure things happen, why do you have a staff? That's a huge cut in your profits.

You can't. You need to make sure the people working under you are empowered to make the decisions, insead of waiting for you to make the decisions for them.

Also, it's the age of the internet. Word travels VERY fast. Automotove enthusasts are a large community, and are your lifeblood, and what puts food on your table every night.

How many times do you have to post 'talk to me, I'll take care of it'? I've seen it everywhere (SRT forums, EVO, etc...) As far as I and others are concerned, that number should be ZERO. There shouldn't be problems to the point that the owner has to step in.

Your employees, when processing an order, should understand who they are talking to ont he other side. Customers. People who are spending their hard earned money to purchase items from you and your company. If a representative of your comany takes the order, says "I'm looking at 10 of the items you're looking for right now and they'll be shipped out 2nd day", don't you think that order should be processed?

You're getting ripped a new one on the SRT forums for the BB exhaust debacle. I'm even staying out of that one. You promised yet another item, advertised it at a certain price, and yet, the customers didn't get what they saw advertised. "Whoops again".

You want to make them happy? Offer a full refund with no restocking fee, or ship their catted downpipes. Afterall, it's what they ordered. It wasn't a typo. It was an error on your behalf, or your sales staff. By not allowing it, it's a bait and switch. Look that up in the Comercial Code, and the penalties for it if someone takes the time to report it. You cannot, repeat, cannot ship an item that you advertise as a complete package, and then ship something different without notification. Error on the website or not, it was advertised, they expected the complete unit, and did not receive it.

Your company has issues. You should be doing whatever it takes to make your customers happy. That's what we talked about on the phone. If that means taking a loss, then you take the loss. You're greedy. You can't comprehend that Dan. Every sale, in your eyes has to make you money, and when there's a mistake... it's never your fault, is it?

Make it right as the customer wants it and you will have no more problems and you will be profitable in the end.

2 other things we talked about on the phone:
1) You should not be charging credit cards until the order ships. I still hear of this happening.
2) A restocking fee for items you don't even have in stock, or were errors on YOUR side (or even typos)? See the greedy reference. Anything to make a buck.

Add a new one to the list:
Shipping orders out after they were cancelled and then charging a restocking fee? If the order was cancelled before shipment, the order was cancelled. There laws against that one.

You promised change months and months ago. But it's back to the same old ways.

-----

By the way...
Originally posted by VividRacing.com
KC - I called you at your house and even though you have NEVER bought anything from Vivid or dealt with us, you continue to preach against us. We had a very professional conversation for about a hour and came to terms. I have kept my promises and professionalism for a couple months after we talked and wish you would too.
Fixed that one for you. Dan, I was fine, and so were others with how things started turning around. But now it seems you're back to the way you were before the discussion.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 08:36 AM
MP5
In Timeout

But Vivid thinks their Gumball material and the WRX wasnt cutting it. Gotta get that GT3 and yall are going to buy it for me
Old Mar 8, 2004, 07:00 PM
Taz
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Old Mar 11, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by VividRacing.com

Hanzo - we spoke on the phone SEVERAL times and both resolved our differences back in JULY or so. I have no idea why you troll around after we had a very professional discussion and came to a resolution.

I am not the guy you think, I am the guy you ripped off the VIVID RACING logo from remember? Back in the WRX days? You used the logo I designed and didn't pay for it? I still have the original source file on that logo. If you didn't change the logo I would have sued you by now.

Let me look to see if I still have the emails you sent me with profanities on them.

Old Oct 11, 2004, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

the BEST company i have ever dealt with!!!!
Old Oct 11, 2004, 01:22 AM
Evolved Member

i like vivid.but there prices are about 10-20 to high.good website though.i'll vote for good.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

I voted bad now but it was excellent. Mike Huff was very informative and then moved to another dept. I dealt with someone else who I shall remain nameless. Not very impressed after that. I had an order and cancelled it.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 07:33 PM

wow i just stumbled on this thread. I never ordered anything from there
BUT i beleive the owner is trying to make things better

they do have a killer web site, i HATE some of the evo sites ive been on

turbotrex <<<< there site is a joke
extermemotorsport <<< again there site sucks!!!!!

not trying to **** any one off, just saying that vivid's site is the best ive seen
but after reading this thread ill need some convincing

- johnny k

Quick Reply: vivid racing :good/bad