Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rattle

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rattle

Hello to everyone...I tried searching for a thread but none to be found....the car has currently 439 miles and this afternoon cruising around Springfield area I notice a rattle coming from about the driver's side headliner near the windshield.
I don't know if anyone has experiece this...I was hoping it would just be the cable of the antenna travelling to the front...car has no roof. Everytime I look at her man there is a big grin on my face.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 09:03 PM

if a creaking sound coming from the driver side door; some of us have been putting wd-40 into the inner side of the door.
Try looking up creaking or creak... there's a thread out there some where

I hope this helps
Old Oct 19, 2003, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

i dunno i keep thinking that its the odometer pin thing because it happens a lot. when i first got my car it was the keys hitting the steering column, then it was the pedals then it was my intake and i dunno just too much crap rattling. i wanna take a slue gun and glue everything in my car.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

somehow I forgot about my rattle and it went away.... either that I have become so used to it, that I ignore it now.

Mine was rattling somewhere in the drivers door....i think....
Old Oct 20, 2003, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

I have that same rattle too, somewhere in the driver's side. If I am not listening to any music, I can hear it over bumps/etc.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 09:53 AM

I have a rattle also in the driver's side door up by where the trim meets the headliner. I noticed when I apply a small amount of pressure on the trim with my hand the rattle stops. I'm going to get some thin rubber trim/sealer from Walmart or somewhere and stick it between the rubber seal on the door to see if that will keep enough pressure on it to stop the rattle.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Drift4,

Check the A-pillar trim pieces. They can be removed very easily. Take a look and see if any of the wiring clips have come loose or were not installed properly. I noticed while installing my stereo that was pretty good about tying down or isolating every peice of wiring in these cars. If something is rattling then it prolly wasn't assembled quite right.

Where are you in FFX? I live in West Springfield and I'm in a short winged blue Evo with 1,800 miles on the clock so far.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Ya i had a noise from my a-pillars as well, but i bought some carbon fiber pillars for my gauges and the noise is gone now. Might be in there.