Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge?

So i just installed my Defi BF Boost, Oil pres. and Exh. temp
My current boost spikes to 30lbs and tapers to around 22lbs at redlind and the boost gauge only reads to 28 i believe.

When i go WOT the gauge pegs then goes straight to 0 is this normal?
If so is this bad for the gauge?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seeing as you've had no responses, I'll try lending a hand.
Take this with a grain of salt, but what it sounds like is going on is the control unit is seeing a value out of range of what the stepper can handle, so perhaps it decides to go to 0. You'll have to contact the distributor for technical support as Defi stopped providing (at least English) support for their own products long ago. Nice of them, huh?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I liked the BF look. Had I known that prosport existed I probably would've went with them. Anyways. My boost gauge spikes to 30psi and then tapers off to 22-11psi. If it goes straight to 0 while WOT you may have a defective unit or part. I don't think there is a way to "re-calibrate" the boost gauge.

When I upgrade my turbo I'm going to bneed something that reads over 30psi. I've searched these forums and still can't find someone who makes one.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

My Defi boost gauge freaks out the same way on WOT. It goes to max, then drops to zero, then right back to max --- with the warning light on the whole time. Takes less than a second for this to happen.

I bought a used Greddy Profec B EBC off of a fellow member and installed the controller in the armrest so that I can monitor my peak boost using it's 3 bar sensor. I'm tuned to spike to almost 39psi, so it was a necessary evil unless I wanted to replace my Defi boost gauge with something different (that preferably read up to 40 psi).

BTW, I haven't found a good-looking gauge that will do that, but am open to the idea.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude my defis work perfect. They read exactly what they should ao not too sure if its the gauges or your car...IDK...good luck