Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Mitsubishi now?
I am still a loyal Mitsubishi customer.
22.22%
My view of Mitsubishi has changed for the worst and I likely won\'t buy another Mitsu product.
27.05%
It bugs me that Evo owners are being treated this way, but it doesnt affect my view of Mitsubishi and I would probably buy another product from them.
23.83%
I dont really care either way.
12.40%
I don\'t own an Evo or other Mitsu product.
7.73%
I hate Mitsubishi and don\'t want anything to do with them anymore.
6.76%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Your view of Mitsubishi now...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2003, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Failure Therapy

Thank you for all the warranty therapy above. Truly, I feel better.

I do think that Mitsu owners should en mass contact DSM USA and tell them what we think of various dealers being insane about the warranty voiding provisions.

If Mitsu was lexus or toyota or BMW or Merc, the nasty dealers would get a straighten up message or be threatened with departure from the club of sales.

I don't think we should just sit and accept the variances of greater that 10 SDs in response. We should take it to Mitsu, en mass.

But that's just my opiinion, I could be wrong, but I"m not. R2
Old Oct 29, 2003, 12:17 PM

Thread is way too long for me to read it all. But from what I read, I can't speak for all Mitsubishi dealerships and service departments, but bring your car to El Cerrito Mitsubishi in Norcal, and we will take care of you. Cars are meant to be driven, whether daily commutes or midnight fun runs it's all irrelevent.
Only times we void warranties are when we can prove you broke it.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alpha Zero

Only times we void warranties are when we can prove you broke it.
Yeah, but do you decline servicing just that part or do you void the whole warranty (if that's even possible)??
Old Oct 29, 2003, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

ok, i'm not an evo owner... but still... i've heard plenty of "I HATE MITSU NOW!!!" because of their luck with the company, and it totally bites that they're getting treated like this... oh but don't forget about the other mitsu car owners, we get treated like crap too lol.

But I for one, even tho I have an OZ, i would soooooooo buy me an evo, or any mitsu product for that matter (as long as it helps my car of course hehe), mainly because i'm a fan of the car, not because of the company itself...

I would NEVER get rid of my OZ, not even to trade it in... i'm loyal to my oz... it's my favorite toy, what can I say hehe...

The getting of an Evo is deffinately an upgrade and a hell of a lot of fun to drive, and in the future... not near, but in the future... i will get me an evo, AND I WILL TRICK THE **** OUT OF IT!
with or without mitsu parts

Last edited by oz-e; Oct 29, 2003 at 12:56 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

I’ve read most, if not all, of this post as it has evolved. There seems to be a lot of angst amongst the community. I’m not commenting on or disputing anyone’s claims here. I would like someone who has a warranty claim disputed by the manufacture to post a scan of the letter, or other documentation, that Mitsu provided. It seems to me that stating your warranty is null and void is a legal issue. As such, I figure they would have to provide a formal document stating how and why a warranty is voided. Could someone please post that document? I just want to see what it says.

Best wishes,
f86sabre
Old Oct 29, 2003, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Coolguy949

Yeah, but do you decline servicing just that part or do you void the whole warranty (if that's even possible)??
We would only void that part. You can't void the total warranty. Say you put lowering springs on a car and the struts/shocks blow out because of it. We would void the warranty on the struts/shocks. Everything else would still be covered under warranty.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

What if you put the stock suspension back on the vehicle after the service has been declined? What i'm getting at is.... Are the parts warrantied or is it the car in an untampered state what's warrantied?
Old Oct 29, 2003, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Coolguy949
What if you put the stock suspension back on the vehicle after the service has been declined? What i'm getting at is.... Are the parts warrantied or is it the car in an untampered state what's warrantied?
If you put the stock suspension back on, the struts still would be void. The rest of the car will still be warrantied. This doesn't stop you from bringing it to another dealership that hasn't worked on it yet though. We show a service history of the work we had performed at our dealership, so if you bring it back with the stock suspension, we will already know that it was previously lowered.
The only thing that is not warrantied in this situation is the struts. Everything else would be covered. Say for example, this person with the lowered Evo comes in and has an exhaust leak, we would warranty the work done to fix the leak. Just because it's lowered doesn't mean it's the cause of the leak. Now if we find that the car was lowered too much and the exhaust was scrapping and that causes the leak, then it's not warrantied.
If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, go to El Cerrito Mitsubishi. We love modding our cars as much as everyone else.
I own an RSX, and Acura dealerships give me more **** than I think Mitsu gives you guys, so I understand.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Alpha Zero

If you put the stock suspension back on, the struts still would be void. The rest of the car will still be warrantied. This doesn't stop you from bringing it to another dealership that hasn't worked on it yet though. We show a service history of the work we had performed at our dealership, so if you bring it back with the stock suspension, we will already know that it was previously lowered.
The only thing that is not warrantied in this situation is the struts. Everything else would be covered. Say for example, this person with the lowered Evo comes in and has an exhaust leak, we would warranty the work done to fix the leak. Just because it's lowered doesn't mean it's the cause of the leak. Now if we find that the car was lowered too much and the exhaust was scrapping and that causes the leak, then it's not warrantied.
If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, go to El Cerrito Mitsubishi. We love modding our cars as much as everyone else.
I own an RSX, and Acura dealerships give me more **** than I think Mitsu gives you guys, so I understand.
And what part would be voided warranty wise if one were to install an aftermarket turboback exhaust??
Old Oct 29, 2003, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Sold my Evo after just over 2 months and bought another Acura NSX. Acura knows what customer service means, Mitsubishi should take notes. I will never buy another Mitsu. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 09:43 PM

evo resell

What did you get for a 2 month old evo?
Old Oct 29, 2003, 10:14 PM

Lets just talk about service. The dealer in Scottsdale that was all nice when I bought the car can care less after words. I had to wait an hour to get help from the parts department to get my second key. Then I had to return because it was not programed. They sold me a lancer oil filter and told me it fits fine. I asked him if I hit the oil filter on something if thay would replace my engine (filter extends about 1" past the belly pan). Went in for service and asked them to rotate the tires, but they forgot, drove the car 5 miles after the service and had to have it toed back (forgot to connect a hose). My seat come apart by the door on the bottom, in the first week and the dealer said I would have to fix it myself they would not cover it, it just comes apart. This is in a period of about 2 months. If you know how this dealer is don't go their.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

How do Mitsu dealers keep their license with corporate mitsu with such bad service? Does Corporate Mitsu condone such poor customer treatment?

Buying the car as a hobby/toy seasm to be the only option. It appears they are forcing it to be a purchase and never return affair.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 07:14 AM

Cars

I can tell you, SUBARU does not demonstrate this type of corporate behavior. They retain buyer loyalty by being responsive and involved in the after-purchase lives of their owners.

Subaru sends a monthly enthusiast magazine; subaru has a friendly, open to feedback website. Subaru dealers and service display interest in the owners.

I could go on. I'm thinking STi

R
Old Oct 30, 2003, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by virginhell

And what part would be voided warranty wise if one were to install an aftermarket turboback exhaust??
Any part of the exhaust system. If it starts leaking, it's not our problem. Now, it's a different story if we installed it. We here at El Cerrito Mitsubishi install aftermarket parts all the time. We will cover it under warranty if there is a problem with the installation. We can't cover the part itself, as it's not a Mitsubishi OEM part, but we are considerate about it. We don't turn our customers away. We work things out so that the customer is happy. I feel bad for those who has had bad service elsewhere. I take pride in my job to keep you guys happy and to continue on modding.

Quick Reply: Your view of Mitsubishi now...