Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Mitsubishi now?
I am still a loyal Mitsubishi customer.
22.22%
My view of Mitsubishi has changed for the worst and I likely won\'t buy another Mitsu product.
27.05%
It bugs me that Evo owners are being treated this way, but it doesnt affect my view of Mitsubishi and I would probably buy another product from them.
23.83%
I dont really care either way.
12.40%
I don\'t own an Evo or other Mitsu product.
7.73%
I hate Mitsubishi and don\'t want anything to do with them anymore.
6.76%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Your view of Mitsubishi now...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2004, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mitsu service

Mitsu even after so many years has continued their ways and no customer no matter how "educated" should be responsible. That is absolute bs. Did you hear Toyota doing that when they came out with the MKIV? Or Mazda doing that with the FD3S aka 3G RX7, or Nissan doing that with the 300ZX, or even Mitsu doing that with the 3000GT VR4(actually they did recall the tcase on the 3KGT but just reseal it..not really fix the issue) No car maker should have to educate you about a car breaking because if thats the case it really shouldn't be sold on the market. There is a good reason why Mitsu just got a 4 billion loan from Mitsu subsidaries. Reflect back on their past and you'll see why. Wonder why they're so **** about warranties? Because they can't afford to cover all the cars they sell so they try to wiggle out of what they can. Mitsu will never be like Toyota,Nissan, Mazda for a long time. Don't expect much from them unless you know a reputable dealer. Otherwise you just will be part of Mitsubishi's consolidation process aka nitpicking warranties. Afterall they're in the hole for the very thing they denied which was alot of recalls,warranties, and coverups. They buried themselves and its not fair for consumers to pay for that but we will if we keep letting them slide. Thats my .02.

Last edited by mattsgto; Oct 27, 2004 at 01:56 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

my view of them has deffinatly turned for the worst I most likely will not buy mitsu again not because of their product but because of service and lack of respect they give customers.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally have not had any problems with service at Mitsubishi. Yes I do have mods and they work around those mods, but then again, I've had no major issues with my EVO other than my clutch which I replaced with a stronger aftermarket unit not installed by the dealer which is understandable. But for everything else they've held up their end of the deal.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 06:10 AM

I will never buy mitsu again...worst company...create a car worth 30K yet won't support it....unlike other 30K cars that do get a real warranty....worst eva...thats why they are going bankcrupt...
Old Nov 18, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

ppl need to take responsibility as equal as mitsu. so far on the balance scale, ppl need to up their responsibilities.

Last edited by Enyth; Nov 18, 2004 at 05:48 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 05:55 PM

I don't own a Mitsubishi, but my bf does and he's had nothing but problems with them. The car's great, but the company sucks ***.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

i remember on Audiworld when people started having turbos blow on the S4 there were all these complaints about "Audi service sucks!" and "i'll never buy an Audi again!". and while there were some people that had what i felt were legitimate gripes, many of the people had chips and raced the cars and seemed to not understand why that might be a factor in their problem. there's actaully a thread on the B5 S4 forum today that shows quite a few people have high mileage on their stock turbos and some of them have been chipped for a long time too. (http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1826439.phtml)

the Mitsu worries me a little, but that's why i'm not planning to mod it. it's fast enough for street driving and if i decide to make it a drag/track car i don't expect Mitsu to pick up the tab when i break things. for now i'll have to wait and see if i have any issues before i can pass judgment on their service.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 03:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You may wanna read some of the things people write here. No mod, no launching and still things breaking and still mitsubishi dealership wont warranty it.

If you buy a M5, which is basically itching to be race and if something goes wrong with the car, you take it to the dealership, without asking questions they'll fix it for you. That is without mods.

If you take Evo, which is basically made similar to M5 in a way that it's advertised as a sports car and performance vehicle, and something goes wrong with the car, you take it to the dealership, without even telling them your problem, they'll automatically blame the owner for abuse.

Who's not going to abuse their car? When I say abuse here, that means it's driven. all of us hot blooded people in the forum bought this car to drive it not baby it. It's got a 7000 RPM redline and I'll take it up there and I'm going to test my car for its limit. That's what good driver does, to figure out the safe point of operations by knowing the limit of the car.

Anyway, I'm terrified to take my car to the dealership for anything now, since most mitsubishi dealership doesn't have the right training or right mechanics who's got the right training (triple diamond certified training for the evo). They'll f uck up something or other before they fix your problem or can't fix the problem and just replace it and blame it on the owner for abuse.

it's just wrong and i don't like it. The car is great, but mitsubishi corporation isn't.

You really can't blame some of the few good dealers in the country because they can't work on your car because of the mitsubishi corporate policy (which is Corporation first then dealership then customers).

But then again, some dealerships are just rediculous on how irresponsible they are.

I think it's hard for a dealer that makes mid SIze SUV and eco-boxes to maintain something in this caliper of a sports car (evo).

This is why the manufacturers have seperate divisions for different class of cars.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 03:50 PM
Account Disabled

If it wasn't for evo, I wouldn't even look at a mitsubishi cars. For a japanese car, my first choice is always Honda/ Accura. They dont' have some crazy relationship with other manufacturers like mazda or mitsu.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

hey plokivos,

i don't have personal experience with BMW but i sure remember a lot of pissed off E46 M3 owners when they were having serious motor problems and BMW was saying tough luck! now to BMW's credit they did eventually admit fault on the early motors and recalled them, but it wasn't a pretty situation for quite awhile.

this is my first Mitsu, so i'll have to see how the service pans out. i agree with you though that i don't feel like i should have to baby the car to keep it together and if something breaks i'll expect Mitsu to stand behind their claim of "the best backed cars in the world".
Old Nov 24, 2004, 04:05 PM
Account Disabled

I heard about that problem on m3. You're talking about the connecting rod bearing failure, right?

That's taken cared by the BMW. I'm not saying BMW is a good company but they're reasonable and more. They'll figure it out and take action to take care of the customers, but I doubt mitsubishi will take that action if the situation was the same.

Yeh, best back stabbing car company in the world is what I think that signifies.

I think it's just rediculous to think that when the car company sells a sports car (not pseudo sports cars) they try to handle the car's warranty like all the rest of the cars in the manufacture lineup. I seriously believe that they need to handle each cars differently in their warranties.