Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Mitsubishi now?
I am still a loyal Mitsubishi customer.
22.22%
My view of Mitsubishi has changed for the worst and I likely won\'t buy another Mitsu product.
27.05%
It bugs me that Evo owners are being treated this way, but it doesnt affect my view of Mitsubishi and I would probably buy another product from them.
23.83%
I dont really care either way.
12.40%
I don\'t own an Evo or other Mitsu product.
7.73%
I hate Mitsubishi and don\'t want anything to do with them anymore.
6.76%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Your view of Mitsubishi now...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy **** you all sound like a bunch of whiny babies! Damn!!! The decel probelm is not a problem.....that happens with a performance car. You don't hear the suby guys complaing about the diff. noise when it is at full use...you think our car is loud....CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK! I also work at a mitsu dealer in the parts dept. And I have first hand knowledge of warranty claims.....you people have no freakin idea how generous mitsu can be. Some of the stuff people complain about that we have to replace is just rediculous. I could literally sell some of the stuff as new on ebay and have no problem selling it. And if you are at a track racing your car(drag racing) you deserve to be denied. Do you people ever watch drag racing on tv. They run down the track once and tear the motor down and rebuild it. Don't expect your car to run like a gem when you run the absolute dog snot out of it.

AND! Screw the AD...about street legal race car crap....it is still an everyday car....it is a freakin ad people. Heck if I was going to sue someone for false advertisement I'd be better goin after coors beer with all the hot *** women in their ads. It just kills me to see all the complaints on here, cause most of them are soooooooooooooo freakin stupid. Like rust on my bumper.....what the F*ck....our bumpers are made of plastic...ya know polymers....!!!!! Polymers don't rust.

In my opinion, if you buy a car like the evo be prepared to spend alot of money on maintaing it. Hell my talon cost a ton to maintain....but I didn't car it was fast as hell. Nothing major ever broke on it ever...just small crap. my advice to you....if you are that unhappy with your evo....wrap it around a tree....then you can try and sue mitsubishi for faulty AWD and pay off your evo!!!
Old Oct 20, 2003, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Take a percocet and chill out dude. If you notice, most of the complaints were about the service, not the car.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

I have an awesome dealership that does nothing but try to please me. Then there's Mitsu not admitting an obvious mistake. I was one of the first to lose the clutch so Mitsu covered it under warranty. Then I hear about everyone else frying their's. After the new clutch was put in I could still smell it burn pretty much all the time. I removed the restrictor in the clutch line and have had no problems since. The first clutch went out at 10k. I have about 5k on the second. If in another 5k this one goes I'll be ready to accept that maybe it's the driver and not the car. We'll see.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

I read in the new issue of Turbo magazine that the WRX has a clutch problem too. I don't know much about the EVO since I don't own one but it seems like all the cars are having problems.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Fireball
See my post in the other warranty thread.

The number of problem Evo's on here pale in comparison to real world numbers. Out of all the Evo's I know in my area (30-40ish) only 2 have clutch problems.

The tranny noise is normal for this car. Don't like it? Insulate your car better.

What more do you want Mitsu to support Evo owners better?
The number of evos on this forum also pales in comparison to the evos out their. I know 4-5 people and 3 have lost a clutch.

The way mitsu is treating its people is just wrong. The people with no problems are not the ones experiencing mitsubishi's terrible customer service and crappy warranty coverage. You don't see thier true side until you go in with a problem.

Not just clutch's, someone on here's motor broke down at 7k and they denied it. They claimed neglect and they were the ones changing his oil. thats just one of many cases.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
Take a percocet and chill out dude. If you notice, most of the complaints were about the service, not the car.
I agree with chris, its the service not the car. I love my car 99% of it, minus the clutch

people like favre95 make this website gay. There is so much hate on this site its crazy. If you would read before typing some trash you would see this thread is about your view of mitsu corp and services, NOT THE EVO. If you can't anwser the poll or add anything positive don't participate.

Nobody wants to here your childish rants that show how blind to the problems you really are.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Fireball
See my post in the other warranty thread.

The number of problem Evo's on here pale in comparison to real world numbers. Out of all the Evo's I know in my area (30-40ish) only 2 have clutch problems.

The tranny noise is normal for this car. Don't like it? Insulate your car better.

What more do you want Mitsu to support Evo owners better?
Oh here's a short list off the top of my head since you have the arrogance to ask that:

Cars that come properly treated/coated to prevent rust.
A worthwhile clearcoat on the paint.
Dealerships that put customer service and satisfaction first instead of last.
A brand that actually cares to improve their products instead of just flapping their lips about how they're supposedly working to improve their image and honesty but in reality have done little or nothing towards that goal.
Dealerships that actually work on behalf of the customer with a warranty issue instead of actively working to deny warranty (see Mitsu spies at tracks and on forums documenting peoples' mods and how they drive their cars, numerous examples of people who have reported warranty claims denied for ridiculous reasons, etc)

Also I'd be surprised there are even 30-40 Evos in ALL of Wisconsin. There were a massive 11 who showed up for the Skyline Drive meet from the entire DC Metro Area and there are MAYBE twice that number total in the area who care about their car enough to participate in forums, events, etc. Double that number and you MIGHT find 40 total in the DC Metro Area and certainly no one here knows all of the owners and what they are experiencing. But not only does your less-populated state have at least as many Evos as this area but you also KNOW personally all of the owners. Right. Okay.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
I could get my hands on some. well my dealership have been helpful with everything...from paint fading to loose door handle and they shall hear from me from my non-brembo like brake feel. I thought it was just me, but my friends drove the car and the brakes fade like a mother and I drove another evo and it felt like it should.

to my mitsubishi dealership...but I would never get another mitsubishi...

Last edited by BushBurninEvo; Oct 20, 2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by favre95
In my opinion, if you buy a car like the evo be prepared to spend alot of money on maintaing it. ...
my advice to you....if you are that unhappy with your evo....wrap it around a tree....then you can try and sue mitsubishi for faulty AWD and pay off your evo!!!
I think for lot of people, this is their first hi-po car and they had no clue what the maintenance cost is on one. From all the "I'm learning to ruin a clutch on my first car" posts, it's of no surprise. and unfortunatly it won't surprise me to see a *lot* of them start being sold after only 6 to 18 mos of initial ownership/neglect.

I think that alone is what makes a lot of BMWs and Porsches have such a better service and satidfaction record. More mature owners.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Evo owner here clutch gone at 3k miles!
Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:31 PM
In Timeout

I think you are right, some people need to sell the evo and buy a civic. I think a lot of people went over there head and they are the ones *****ing all the time. If you can not afford it sell it. If you drag race or any kinda race and it craps out you pay. I hit a wall in my NSX $12,500 clutch was $2,000 tranny ****ting out was $5,000 and yes I beat the **** out of it and never even though about *****ing about something not working. If Mitsu sucks so bad please sell your evo and make everyone happy you did so you don't clog up the board with you *****ing.

Originally posted by Mister2zx3

I think for lot of people, this is their first hi-po car and they had no clue what the maintenance cost is on one. From all the "I'm learning to ruin a clutch on my first car" posts, it's of no surprise. and unfortunatly it won't surprise me to see a *lot* of them start being sold after only 6 to 18 mos of initial ownership/neglect.

I think that alone is what makes a lot of BMWs and Porsches have such a better service and satidfaction record. More mature owners.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

The fact of the matter is this... Mitsubishi is a third rate car company, they are no different from Hyundai or Kia, they are not a banner dealer for most dealer owners, they are mostly a side dealer to supplement revenue and selection for most dealer owners.

The arrogance of Mitsubishi is apparent in their falsifying and hiding repair and maintenance records to the Japanese government.

Mitsubishi is a big company, and their focus is NOT cars, whatever you may want to believe.

The fact that they treat their car manufacturing and sales as a "division" of their grand scheme leads to the fact that they simply DO NOT back their cars.

This in turn leads to the fact that the dealers have their hands tied because the manufacturer themselves treat them as third rate franchises.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Mister2zx3

My slowest car ever was an 01 prelude sh, I have had TA's z28, and my last car was a vette. I belive that most people who own an evo came from another sports car. The only people who know what the car is, are sports car enthu's.

Honda, pontiac, and cheavy almost always took care of me. My mitsu dealer has took care of me so far,joplin(not springfield) but I have been told that since I was in there things have changed in springfield that is. I would say it vary's ALOT dealer to dealer.

I don't belive that most evo drivers are unskilled and have never felt power.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Despite Mitsubishi being a large manufacturer of many items, TVs, Oil Tankers, Pianos, etc. That is more of a result of the political and socialogical makeup of the region. Subaru/Fuji makes a whole lot of things as well. That region is very class based and has resulted in big companies getting bigger and little people being left to work rice fields. European history has resulted in more rights to individuals and oppurtunities to create income. This is found in higher quality and pride in their crafts. Porsche, Ferrari, etc. America is kind of in between. Ford and Chevy started out solely as a car manufacturers by good ideas and hard work, but haven't carried the strong family ties and pride through their companies like european companies do. During the industrial revolution America slipped out of focusing on high quality and focused on efficiency and quantity. Asian companies have long had a focus on quantity over quality. It's primarily a result of poor living conditions, short lifespans and the need to maximize resources for villages/towns/communities. You don't focus on having the best things when life is tough. Consequently in Europe, you can focus on strong work ethics and high qaulity wares when you have ample land, and no overcrowding.

The plague may have just been the catalyst for Europe's high quality - It just took 400 years to realize it's silver lining.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Too bad Honda and Toyota (and even Nissan to an extent) completely kill your little theory there, chief.

Quick Reply: Your view of Mitsubishi now...