Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Mitsubishi now?
I am still a loyal Mitsubishi customer.
22.22%
My view of Mitsubishi has changed for the worst and I likely won\'t buy another Mitsu product.
27.05%
It bugs me that Evo owners are being treated this way, but it doesnt affect my view of Mitsubishi and I would probably buy another product from them.
23.83%
I dont really care either way.
12.40%
I don\'t own an Evo or other Mitsu product.
7.73%
I hate Mitsubishi and don\'t want anything to do with them anymore.
6.76%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Your view of Mitsubishi now...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what i have learned form these forums(and please note i don't own a mitsu yet but there is one in the family) is that there r alot of bad mitsu dealers...fortunatly my nephew has found out that our local dealer is one of the good ones amd because of that i am willing to buy my own eclipse and eventually an Evo
Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:00 PM
In Timeout

Honda and Toyota do rock, then again they don't make a car like this and I bet it would be the same deal with them.

Originally posted by JRock
Too bad Honda and Toyota (and even Nissan to an extent) completely kill your little theory there, chief.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:02 PM
In Timeout

I goto ed voyles, so far so good. oil changed in 15min

Originally posted by Longfury
From what i have learned form these forums(and please note i don't own a mitsu yet but there is one in the family) is that there r alot of bad mitsu dealers...fortunatly my nephew has found out that our local dealer is one of the good ones amd because of that i am willing to buy my own eclipse and eventually an Evo
Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I never liked mitsubishi as a company as far as quality. Toyota and Honda are just way ahead of them. But then again, this is my first mitsu, I do not have any problems yet, and havent done anything drastic to mess with my car or warrantee. I know a lot of people who like Eclipses, 3000GTs, DSMs, because of their good speed potential and exterior design, never for interior quality, etc.

All the negative stuff going around as far as warrantee, build quality, paint, etc., I think are "bad rumors" that just get into peoples heads, and make them scrutinize the car for not being the "super legendary rally car" that everyone knows and not just a regular car.

It will never have the performance and quality of Porsches and Ferraris because it is not either of them.

All cars have problems. They are designed statistically to make money for their respective, companies, engineers, parts suppliers, etc.

Think about the EVO as just any other car, with more power, turbocharged, w Recaros, Brembos, Momo, widebody, CF wing, lightweight, 4WD, then compare to Hondas, Toyotas, even the STi. Im sure youll be happy w it.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 09:33 PM

i beat my 12 yo accord to the pulp and then some and it still runs like a champ at 180,000 miles. thats quality. I'm trying to run it to the ground so i can give myself a good excuse to drop 30g on a evo, but it just keeps on chugging!

not only does mitsu have to clean up its act on quality, but also their customer service. from what ive read, it seems like their cs sucks. Kinda making me consider just buying an audi so i wouldnt have to deal with issues like this. they have some great customer service... as well as bmw. 4 year free maintenance and free rental cars at the dealer!
Old Oct 20, 2003, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Mitsu does appear to be hearing impaired when it comes to - People are willing to pay for good service..
Old Oct 20, 2003, 10:22 PM

i'm sure there are problems with every company, we just only hear the bad. unless you're gonna make some crazy mods why not ask your dealer 1st. i haven't had any problems yet - knock on wood.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by favre95
Holy **** you all sound like a bunch of whiny babies! Damn!!! The decel probelm is not a problem.....that happens with a performance car. You don't hear the suby guys complaing about the diff. noise when it is at full use...you think our car is loud....CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK! I also work at a mitsu dealer in the parts dept. And I have first hand knowledge of warranty claims.....you people have no freakin idea how generous mitsu can be. Some of the stuff people complain about that we have to replace is just rediculous. I could literally sell some of the stuff as new on ebay and have no problem selling it. And if you are at a track racing your car(drag racing) you deserve to be denied. Do you people ever watch drag racing on tv. They run down the track once and tear the motor down and rebuild it. Don't expect your car to run like a gem when you run the absolute dog snot out of it.

AND! Screw the AD...about street legal race car crap....it is still an everyday car....it is a freakin ad people. Heck if I was going to sue someone for false advertisement I'd be better goin after coors beer with all the hot *** women in their ads. It just kills me to see all the complaints on here, cause most of them are soooooooooooooo freakin stupid. Like rust on my bumper.....what the F*ck....our bumpers are made of plastic...ya know polymers....!!!!! Polymers don't rust.

In my opinion, if you buy a car like the evo be prepared to spend alot of money on maintaing it. Hell my talon cost a ton to maintain....but I didn't car it was fast as hell. Nothing major ever broke on it ever...just small crap. my advice to you....if you are that unhappy with your evo....wrap it around a tree....then you can try and sue mitsubishi for faulty AWD and pay off your evo!!!
Wow, that wasnt bias.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

I think this is a USA problem as dealer warranty problems dont surface in other countries which have the Evo. But then again, it's comparing apples to oranges as every country has a different system.

I agree that Mitsubishi sucks in not standing behind their cars. They really need to educate their dealers on customer service which is severely lacking.

Heard horror stories from people who have Eclipses about the dealerships and so I stayed away from getting an Evo here.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
Honda and Toyota do rock, then again they don't make a car like this and I bet it would be the same deal with them.

Except we already know it wouldn't be "the same deal with them" as Toyota offered one of the world's top supercars for several years in the US (the MkIV Supra)(twin-turbo no less) and not only was it a top performer but it had the Toyota reliability and longevity we've come to know and expect from Toyota today.

And Honda's s2000 was recently revised for the 04 model year and they apparently addressed EXACTLY the issues that were most needed to be addressed and did so in POSITIVE ways, you know, as opposed to AVOIDING addressing issues and just blaming the owners like Mitsu does.
Stronger carbon synchros, strengthened drivertrain and rear differential, tweaked suspension to remove the snap oversteer at the limits, increased torque via increased displacement and revised gearing. It's very clear Honda LISTENS and cares enough to address what their owners/customers want most.

Of course there are bound to be a few bad toyota and honda dealerships out there but at least their cars aren't rusting and having clearcoat issues and having essential and basic build quality issues.

One day you'll understand the vast difference there is between the toyota/honda experience and just about everything else Japanese. At least Nissan is trying to achieve a higher status on par with Toyota/Honda.

Mitsubishi is still the same old same old. If only the Evo were made by one of the first tier Japanese brands... it's so wrong that such a cool car has to suffer so many problems due to who makes it. It's like a hot girl with abusive parents.

Last edited by JRock; Oct 21, 2003 at 04:14 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Not to knock anybody on here since, yes the Evo is an awesome car (when it works correctly).

I personally think Mitsubishi needs to work on building a better quality car and they need to work more on the after the sale customer relations.

Yes, there are some good dealers out there who dont play games and honor warranty's (When its not your fault), but the majority seem to not do this. After reading alot of the posts on here about how the quality and longevity of the Evo really sucks, This is the reason why I will never own a Mitsubishi Vehicle.

Although, they do make fantastic electronics and home air conditioning.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 07:45 AM
In Timeout

I had a NSX does that count as a Honda Also my wife has a Toy Avalon great car!

Originally posted by JRock

Except we already know it wouldn't be "the same deal with them" as Toyota offered one of the world's top supercars for several years in the US (the MkIV Supra)(twin-turbo no less) and not only was it a top performer but it had the Toyota reliability and longevity we've come to know and expect from Toyota today.

And Honda's s2000 was recently revised for the 04 model year and they apparently addressed EXACTLY the issues that were most needed to be addressed and did so in POSITIVE ways, you know, as opposed to AVOIDING addressing issues and just blaming the owners like Mitsu does.
Stronger carbon synchros, strengthened drivertrain and rear differential, tweaked suspension to remove the snap oversteer at the limits, increased torque via increased displacement and revised gearing. It's very clear Honda LISTENS and cares enough to address what their owners/customers want most.

Of course there are bound to be a few bad toyota and honda dealerships out there but at least their cars aren't rusting and having clearcoat issues and having essential and basic build quality issues.

One day you'll understand the vast difference there is between the toyota/honda experience and just about everything else Japanese. At least Nissan is trying to achieve a higher status on par with Toyota/Honda.

Mitsubishi is still the same old same old. If only the Evo were made by one of the first tier Japanese brands... it's so wrong that such a cool car has to suffer so many problems due to who makes it. It's like a hot girl with abusive parents.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

It did take Honda 3 years to give us the updated S2000.

The EVO has been around 9 months. It's virtually impossible to take care of problems in such a short time. Of course, it could be argued that the car should not have any problems to begin with.

The keyword here, I'd say, is patience. is giving us a more powerful Outlander after just one year. I'd say the company does listen.

Lets hope that the 2004 EVO will have a better clutch and the bumper assembly is rust-free.

Patience.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

I have purchase three Mitsus since May of "00" all from the same dealer at from 1000 to 2000 off msr. I had service prob.s with two of the cars and had to put pressure on the service manager to take care of some of them. My oppinion is htat Mitsu does not seel a car with good fit and finish. and they have sloppy producitn practices. On e of my cars was made in Austrailia (Diamonte) the other normal Ill. Ecllipse gt 5spd., and the evo in Japan of course. I love the engineering in these cars for the most part. The best thing I see are the engines, they are as good as any I have ever run and I used to manage a service fleet. The manual trannys are not good. I love my Evo and know that It will cost to maintain it but more expensive better made cars are expensive too. The biggie here is the poor resale on these cars.. You need to wear them out.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

i have 3100 miles or so,, clutch is slipping, i dont expect the dealership to do a DAMN THING about it

but im still going to try..

hopfuly the alaskan mitsu dealer is a niceone

Quick Reply: Your view of Mitsubishi now...