Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Mitsubishi now?
I am still a loyal Mitsubishi customer.
22.22%
My view of Mitsubishi has changed for the worst and I likely won\'t buy another Mitsu product.
27.05%
It bugs me that Evo owners are being treated this way, but it doesnt affect my view of Mitsubishi and I would probably buy another product from them.
23.83%
I dont really care either way.
12.40%
I don\'t own an Evo or other Mitsu product.
7.73%
I hate Mitsubishi and don\'t want anything to do with them anymore.
6.76%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Your view of Mitsubishi now...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your view of Mitsubishi now...

With all these posts about district managers voiding warranties, clutches failing, trannies grinding, and mitsu not really supporting evo owners....how do you feel about Mitsubishi as a company now?

How will you decide on future Mitsubishi products?

Last edited by Coolguy949; Oct 20, 2003 at 02:36 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

See my post in the other warranty thread.

The number of problem Evo's on here pale in comparison to real world numbers. Out of all the Evo's I know in my area (30-40ish) only 2 have clutch problems.

The tranny noise is normal for this car. Don't like it? Insulate your car better.

What more do you want Mitsu to support Evo owners better?
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

This has nothing to do with what I want Mitsu to do for me. I know you work there and stuff, Brian. I am just curious as to how Evo owners are responding and what their views are, that's it. I want to know how much of an affect these rumors and problems have on the evo community. I'm not trying to wage war with Mitsu or dealers. Just a curious survey...

My evo runs perfectly and I love the car!

Rob

Last edited by Coolguy949; Oct 20, 2003 at 02:46 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Screw mitsubishi, it's a shame I bought an EVO, great car, crappy company.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fireball
See my post in the other warranty thread.

The number of problem Evo's on here pale in comparison to real world numbers. Out of all the Evo's I know in my area (30-40ish) only 2 have clutch problems.

The tranny noise is normal for this car. Don't like it? Insulate your car better.

What more do you want Mitsu to support Evo owners better?
I don't want them to do anything out of the ordinary but honor their warranties.

Obviously doesn't have an idea what customer satisfaction means.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by drmosh

I don't want them to do anything out of the ordinary but honor their warranties.

Obviously doesn't have an idea what customer satisfaction means.
Have you been denied something already? If so, what?
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Coolguy949
This has nothing to do with what I want Mitsu to do for me. I know you work there and stuff, Brian. I am just curious as to how Evo owners are responding and what their views are, that's it. I want to know how much of an affect these rumors and problems have on the evo community. I'm not trying to wage war with Mitsu or dealers. Just a curious survey...

My evo runs perfectly and I love the car!

Rob
And I'm not part of the Evo community? I own one too ya know.

I'd have the exact same feelings, even if I didn't work there. I just happen to see everyone elses experiences as well, and I can tell you, it's nothing like the "screamers" on this forum.

1 negative takes 100 positives to overcome. Just remember that.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

I love the car and I have a bad clutch. I would buy another Evo, but nothing else with a Mitsu logo on it. I'm the same way with ford's. I will only buy a SVT Ford nothing else. I voted for the 3rd choice but I am leaning more toward not ever coming back to Mitsu. Customer Care is key in selling and keeping a customer base Mitsu lacks in this area if you ask me.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Fireball, you are a moderator, use the Search function...

Do I have to reiterate the meetings with district managers that people have, do I have to cut and paste the underhanded tactics of regional managers going to tracks? How about the numerous "yer going to have to pay for it, but if we find out it's a manufacturing defect then we'll pay for it..."

I'm sure yer quite capable of using Search...
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

You tell 'em Rob and Dino. I am not buying jack-diddly from Mitsu again. More than likely, I'll end up with a Skyline GT-R in 2006... (if we get lucky). Regardless, another Mitsu (Evo IX or not) is not in my plans. I love the car, but I hate their corporate attitude (busting people at the track, looking for ways out of paying warranty claims, etc.). Also, the dealers I've dealt with have been nonchalant and dispassionate. The one exception is Josh at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi - he gets for being a stand-up guy and an Evo supporter.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Personally I think mitsu should encourage buyers to autocross. Subaru includes a 1 year scca membership with the sti. Mitsu says it right on the main evo page, "street legal race car"

My whole issue is that mitsu seems to be ignoring complaints. How many people have complained about the decel noise?? Even if it is not a sign of a malfuntion it can be anoying as hell. Honda listend to it's s2000 customers and came out with a fix. Mitsu's fix is to tell the custoemr it's normal and if you didn't want it you should not have bought a street legal race car..

And by the way, how was I suppsed to know about it when I couldn't drive the car until it was bought.. and oh yeah it didn't start till after the first hundred miles anyway...
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
You tell 'em Rob and Dino. I am not buying jack-diddly from Mitsu again. More than likely, I'll end up with a Skyline GT-R in 2006... (if we get lucky). Regardless, another Mitsu (Evo IX or not) is not in my plans. I love the car, but I hate their corporate attitude (busting people at the track, looking for ways out of paying warranty claims, etc.). Also, the dealers I've dealt with have been nonchalant and dispassionate. The one exception is Josh at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi - he gets for being a stand-up guy and an Evo supporter.
Whoa the grass is not greener on the other side. ive had a few nissans within the past 10 years.you think mitsu dealers are crappy about their warranties. nissan is is like the **** of warranties, go into a nissan dealership with even an intake that you bouhgt from them and had them install it. and your still gonna pay out of pocket.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by drmosh
Fireball, you are a moderator, use the Search function...

Do I have to reiterate the meetings with district managers that people have, do I have to cut and paste the underhanded tactics of regional managers going to tracks? How about the numerous "yer going to have to pay for it, but if we find out it's a manufacturing defect then we'll pay for it..."

I'm sure yer quite capable of using Search...
I was lazy. Searched and spent 5 minutes looking through some of the 232 odd posts it came up with and gave up.

I did get from the searching though that you race at the Streets of Willow often, so I can only say that almost anything that broke on your car would be denied because of that.

I honestly think the regional managers going to the tracks kinda thing was purely a concidence, if it even was true. I'd more believe that it was a rumor, hoax or a bluff, more than anything. I've talked to the regional managers and they'd never do something like that.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Brian,

I'm not generalizing this at all since I know this is probably a small fraction of District heads but the one here in SoCal has already said he attends tracks and voids warranties.

Here's quote by pangaroo found here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=41220

Most inprtantly, he told me he DOES go to the tracks and DOES check out the EVOs. Soooooo all those who say it is not true or it may not be here in cali. The DM DOES check out tracks so becareful. Get rid of plates, and cover your VIN.

Good thing Miller Mitsu has service and sales people that still believe in customer service. They are trying to help me out as much as possible despite the fact that the DM says "Tough Luck." SO make sure you all develope a good relationship with the service people.

Vey sad day for this consumer.
I think that just sucks. If he's doing it on his own, Mitsu should really stop this guy cause he's really generating some bad publicity here in SoCal.

Rob
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

im not trying to start nothing but...Why should your car be warratied if youve been caught red handed abusing it at the track?
it is crappy that people are spying on owners at the track

Quick Reply: Your view of Mitsubishi now...