Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

funny story...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
funny story...

so im driving my car last night and get thirsty so i decided to hit up the Wawa and grab a drink... so i pull up and get out my car and notice 2 cops standing near the entrance. as im walking across the parking lot the older looking cop says "hey is that your car you left running? you need to go back and take the keys out and turn it off." at this point i reach in my pocket and grab my keys and say they are out, its a turbo timer buddy...

so at this point he continues to tell me how i need to go turn my car off and im sitting there telling him, it turns off by itself and i cant turn it off. so the cop starts screaming at me. by this point theres a crowd of people around me wondering why this cop is yelling at some guy who is being nothing but respectful to him and trying to explain what is going on...

so the cop tells me i need to turn it off or hes gonna give me a ticket for leaving a running vehicle unattended. so i just said, okay ill leave. at this point he starts screaming sayin " i asked for your license, dont you walk away". so i turn around and give him my license and he keeps going on about how its illegal to leave a car running and hes gonna give me a ticket that carries points. which i already know is bull since its not a moving violation....

so as he keeps yelling at me about state laws and stuff, my car shuts off. and he says, "since the car just died, heres your license back". i was like i told you 100 times the car would go off by itself..

i dont understand why he was yelling at me and threating me. i should of got his badge number. i didnt think of it at the time tho. at the time i was pretty pissed about being harassed and yelled at like i just robbed a bank. but now i look back i see how dumb the cop was and i think its pretty funny
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was gonna say this sounds like a made up story until I saw you weren't in america.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i do live in america buddy and its not made up...

i wouldnt waste my time writing all that out if it was fake
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cop didn't know what it was or what it was doing. Not taking his side, but he could've just asked what it ran afterwards.

Just another reason not to put a turbo timer on my car. Waste of money...
Old Oct 24, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Vented. Noted. Closed. This threads never end well.