Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What would you do?

Ok guys I'm interested in how you would handle this situation. I picked up my evo used in July and its been running perfect since I got it. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the clutch was slipping so i went ahead and got the clutch done at XXXXXXXX. I dropped the car off on evening and returned the next day. When I picked up the car everything was fine.The next day I go out to the car in the morning to go to work. And the car wont start.At all. I then call the shop that did my car and speak to the mechanic that did the work and he starts talking about how its not there fault if the battery is dead and bla bla bla. Now to the shop's credit the owner did call me a lil later and say that if it was anything that they did they would take care of it. and the shop who i wont mention is a very reputable shop on these boards and around the evo community.
More back round on the story they called me 2 times during the install to charge more. One time doesn't really count because they called to sell me a mr bov because I had the plastic 8 bov. the second time they called to charge me a extra 80 bux because they said that the bolts to the starter was stripped and they needed new bolts and it was extra labor. So 922 bux in labor minus of course 150 for the bov later my car doesn't start the next day. This morning i went out to troubleshoot my car for a lil while and it def isn't the battery. The starter cranks and def has enough power it just doesn't start all the time. I then called the shop back and speak to the owner and he starts talking about the remote start/alarm that is in the car as maybe causing the problem. Now this remote start i put in myself and i disconnected it myself also when the remote stopped working. This was was a back in July!!
I haven't bought the car back to the shop yet. I'm set to drop it off Monday. This whole situation is has really got my blood boiling.They called me to tell me there was a issue with the starter bolts and that they were replacing them. Now the car wont start.I had the car since July there was NEVER ANY issue with it starting at all. So i had the car 4 months never a issue they had the car one day and hours later my car wont start.
How would you feel/proceed?

ps: Im not a idiot when it comes to cars. I pretty much built my previous car a ka turboed 240sx w/35r. and I'm a mecp certified tech that has put in hundreds of alarms and remote starts over the years when I was at Circuit city.So i know how shops work and i know how sometimes they try to pass off stuff that they screwed up, because I've seen it happen.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same situation happend to me..but it was before the car left the shop. After the clutch job they droped the car attempted to start it nothing. Turns out the starter plug hadsome corrosion on it. Cleaned it off and it has fired up perfectly every time. Goodluck!
Old Oct 31, 2009, 05:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would try to work it out with the shop. If you want to venture on your own to diagnose please search the forum for information on fixing your issue. If you feel you can't find the information describing your issue post a detailed thread in the correct area.

Plan C - Bring it to another shop.