Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Attn: Baja10

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes call Johnny Cohcran
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sweft
I view this as a personal thing the dealership has against the customer. Apparently they were upset when they found he traded in his wrx that had a burnt clutch and bald tires, which is not his problem since they accepted it. Then he smokes his clutch on the evo, and they replace it and he burns up their seats. LOL. This must have angered them further.

Now his engine blows, and they have no proof of modification to his car and they hold this grudge against him. I'd go up to the manager beat him for being a *****, then let him beat you out for the clutch and bald tires. That’s how this should be settled.

Even though we don't know what :*-( did to the car to make it break, and the dealership holds a grudge on him, they should still fix the car and stop being jackasses.
I agree 100%. Unless, of course, there is some major piece of information we don't know about.

If all the dealership has on this guy is that they read something on some internet forum (with a defunct hyperlink, no less) then they're up **** creek. You think a judge is going to admit that as evidence? He/she will laugh your *** right out of court!

This dealership needs to quit ****ing this kid around and pay up!
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

I think I will have to when my piston snaps in half
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:35 PM

I'm trying to do the best I can with the time and resources I have. I've tried contacting SEMA, but I keep getting the guy's answering machine. I've left many messages, trust me.

As for me leaving anything behind, I'm sure baja10 would be more than willing to bring it out, especially since he has my "report." My first original post was only to raise awareness, but it quickly changed to what one could prove. I showed everyone including the dealer my receipts AND their own maintenance brochure, you have seen the facts.

Whether this is a personal attack on me, I'm slowly realizing that that might actually be it. Although the tires and the clutch were PERFECTLY fine when i gave it to them with 13,100 miles. I had a buddy of mine inspect everything before i traded it in. As for the loaner, i dont even smoke. Like my mother, we are allergic to tobacco smoke to the point where we can't breathe.

i like sweft's idea tho.

j/k before mitsu threatens to sue me for threatening a mitsu employee on a forum.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:26 PM

What is the name and number of the person you are dealing with at the Mitsu dealership? We should all call and tell him what we think. Then call Mitsu corporate and tell them what we think. After reading this I too question if I want to buy an EVO or not. Especially with all the competition it has now.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

this website made so much noise when the EVO first came out. the boycott (started by Coolguy949, i believe) made it to television and magazines... thats pretty impressive

get the facts sorted, start some kind of group movement... guaranteed there will be some kind of response
Old Oct 23, 2003, 07:35 PM

This thread is getting a lot of reaction. I will sign off after this so I will be frank.

This kid first took his car to another dealer in Gainesville. They deemed his warranty void and passed the judgement on to us. They put a flag in the mitsu system which made us unable to do anything. Regardless of how he drove his car the bottom line is he ran his motor dry. And that is not proper maintainence.

If he has any issue to raise it is with corporate mitsu and not a dealer. If he is successful, which I doubt, mitsu will order a dealer to do the warranty work.

I am not on here to spy or anything. I am a fellow enthusiast and am considering buying an EVO this year.

Our dealership does not have any grudge against this kid or his family. A customer is a customer. Even when they bad mouth us over the internet.

Sport mitsubishi is well respected in Orlando. The local dsm club gets a huge discount from us. The owner of Forge Motorsport bought his car from us, as did the president of Jade car club.

As for this kid not smoking. Maybe he doesn't but his friend (who left his Florida ID under the passenger seat) probably did. We picked it up with the cig packages and other garbage. That is about as believable as his unhooked boost gauge in the glove box (which is where he had it in the wrx too) BTW that nasty "T" connection he left in his intake vacuum hose made us unable to trade it to a local subaru dealer.

I know many of you will have mixed feelings. Expected. The fact that he has mentioned my dealership has caused me to act.

As for the kid himself. I have not divulged any confidential info and have only helped to better illustrate a one-sided picture.

thats all I have to say......

(I work for sales so this is all what I heard)

Last edited by baja10; Oct 23, 2003 at 09:18 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Considering this thread...and the apparent "eyes" we have watching us, I must now jack the "disclaimer" I've seen a couple of you guys use. I hope you don't mind! Thanks!

And about this thread. One side of the story is completely different than the other here. Not sure which one to go with. Considering the ****ty attitude Mitsu has portrayed about covering these cars under warranty, I tend to side with the consumer in this case.

Kinda like the old story about the boy who cried wolf...but in this case, it's Mitsu crying "We ain't gonna fix it...it's not our fault."

where's the smiley face icon with the middle finger when you need it...
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by baja10
Regardless of how he drove his car the bottom line is he ran his motor dry. And that is not proper maintainence.

OK...so if its only because he "ran his motor dry" why is it so cut and dry with the dealership/Mitsu? Do you think he did it on purpose? I am going to give him the bennefit of the doubt and say no. I dont think anyone would do that on purpose. If the "low oil" light didnt come on then that is a manufacture problem. In which case it should be covered by the warranty . And if the oil light only comes on when there is NO OIL then I really dont want to buy an EVO. That is a huge design mistake. Also, if that is the true reason all he has to do is find one person that had the same problem and did get the warranty coverage and he would have a case that he would most likely win in court.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 08:31 AM

I think all dealerships are out to make a quick buck and the hell with the consumer. Prime example.

Stopped by the dealership to look at the EVO. (knowing I could not afford it) but instead test the OZ. Liked it got a good % rate only one problem I needed my wife to sign also, since it was 1PM and I had to be @ work by 3PM I told them I would be back the next day with my wife (SAT.) They insisted that I drove the car home. You know the line "see how you like it" "you'll be coverd by our insurance." Just leave your vehicle here. so I drove it to work. Got in the car @ 11:30PM after work to head home and NO DASH LIGHTS. I cheched the fuses the knob to adjust the brightness ....nothing. When me and my wife returned the next day so she could sign her part of the papers I told the salesman no thanks I don't want the car an explained why, and stated I wanted another vehicle. His response was we will put in service. it might be a day or two. I said no I'm not buying a new car and put in service the next day to be repaired. He stated well it's the car on the contract...... I responed the one I signed but can get approved without my wife. Anyway I did get another vehicle (when my wife refused to sign), but my point is that do not care once the get your John Hancock on that dotted line. It's all about the allmighty doller.