Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My day cant possibly get effin worse i swear.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how long were you redlining that u spun a bearing? how high did u rev without cut off? geez
Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honestly at this point im going to get it diagnosed properly and take it from there...if the motor need to be replaced i mght as well upgrade to 2.3 stroker...ill update thx guys even the ones that laughed at me lol
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I wouldnt take it to mitsu . But a shop that knows these cars and properly diagnose it would be ideal
I know...dealer is a six letter word. But doesn't Mitsu then need to look it over themselves to validate anything they would warranty?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo Racer
honestly at this point im going to get it diagnosed properly and take it from there...if the motor need to be replaced i mght as well upgrade to 2.3 stroker...ill update thx guys even the ones that laughed at me lol
Yep, look at the bright side, as there is no other side!
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:48 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
You shouldn't have been driving the car with it running like that. That is something a simple tune could have fixed, or simply putting the DV back on. Definitely all you man.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Evo Racer
yeah i know i apologize man...i wont lie ill take responsability and face the consequences...but yeah back to hustling to get my car back running
Wow...... I am interested in the forth coming opinions on this forum. I appreciate the willingness to be honest and have the OP not whine like a little girl about it.

Good form Blue Evo Racer. Good lesson to learn and bounce back with a quality rebuild.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Take it to TurboTrix or TopLevel, let 'em solve your problems.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by migs647
You shouldn't have been driving the car with it running like that. That is something a simple tune could have fixed, or simply putting the DV back on. Definitely all you man.

Just a question, what does him having a bov vta have to do with spinning a bearing?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FutureNoob
Just a question, what does him having a bov vta have to do with spinning a bearing?
He said it sounded like he was spinning a bearing. It wasn't confirmed. When you put aftermarket mods on your car you should have to retuned to make use of the ability of those said parts. For example if you put in a Walboro255 you have to get it tuned to make use of it.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 02:36 PM

and that right there could have possibly been the difference but hey at least i didnt die that day even tho i felt like dying when they hauled my baby in that tow truck
Old Nov 29, 2009, 05:50 PM
EvoM Community Team

First off... when it drops idle that far down when pushing in the clutch, his tune is way off. Obviously. When a car is untuned for vta seriously implications can arise. It just doesn't happen all the time. But the perfect condition for a super rich condition.

But most importantly, if his car is dying like that, it's putting himself and others at risk on the road.

But the spinning a bearing, was probably coincidental. But that doesn't take away from the fact that his car wasn't setup properly.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 05:51 PM
EvoM Community Team

Blue Evo Racer...

A phrase I learned when I had my VIII...

instead of thinking "I have to fix it now "... it's "I get to fix it now ".

The difference is that I get to learn something new
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:30 AM

Blue Evo Racer...

A phrase I learned when I had my VIII...

instead of thinking "I have to fix it now "... it's "I get to fix it now ".

The difference is that I get to learn something new
not to sound like a fagle but you brightened up my day haha
Old Nov 30, 2009, 07:33 AM

First off... when it drops idle that far down when pushing in the clutch, his tune is way off. Obviously. When a car is untuned for vta seriously implications can arise. It just doesn't happen all the time. But the perfect condition for a super rich condition.

But most importantly, if his car is dying like that, it's putting himself and others at risk on the road.

------->But the spinning a bearing, was probably coincidental.<---------- But that doesn't take away from the fact that his car wasn't setup properly.
Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Someone else has already mentioned it but before you start buying parts for what you "think" is the problem, have a dealership run a diagnosis on it first. It's about $80 to do it but will save you lots of money and a migraine.

Quick Reply: My day cant possibly get effin worse i swear.....