Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My day cant possibly get effin worse i swear.....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
take each spark plug out and inspect them. 4th cylinder on mine took a poo, on 4th gear by readline, but i had 102k miles on the stock motor with cams, and moded since brand new, im not suprised. get rid of that ssq and get tial bov.

Last edited by tweakdsm; Dec 2, 2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blkstreak
Yeah, I dont really understand either.

Yes, I was going to help for the sole reason of helping someone in the community, but considering that's the position he wants to take, then he can take it to a shop and get it figured out himself.

In a sense I can see how he could be scared considering the many losses we have had from people on these forums in such cases you know. Like, some got killed, others ahd their cars/parts stolen.

I've met with a LOAD of guys off of here though, and everyone's been a lot more kind than the damn priests in my school.

This is YOUR community man, have no fears.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:26 AM

Ive over reved before but I didnt stay in it. Mine cut off but that just bc the crank position sensor, it threw it out of timing for a breif moment.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
your wheel doesn't lock when the engine isn't running. It will lock if the key is not in the On position fyi.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

man that sucks bro i would be upset if that happend to me good luck with everthing hope it works out for you
Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:59 AM
SME
Evolved Member

That sucks, but I dont see a warranty claim in your future.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo Racer
Lately my car has been having idling problems due to the Super sequential BOV that i had installed on my car...for example i could be at a high RPM and when i go back to neutral the tack for the rpm bounces off of zero and jumps back up to one RPM....so i was heading home on RT. 17 from the Garden State Plaza (Mall) near my house and i pull my evo into the fast lane and all of a sudden another evo accelerates behind me....i never speed but for some reason something told me to just gun for it so after we pawed at each other in traffic i downshifted to third going about 40 mph...then i take my mind off of what gear i was in so i just floor it in third....im redlining and im not even paying attention...i put my car in neutral and CLACCKKKKK....my car instantly shuts off....on the high way going about 70 MPH...i was scared **** less because if you don't know already know when your car turns off the steering wheel is a ***** to turn luckily i was thinking fast and put the emergency lights on as fast as possible...i pull into Pathmark in hackensack right before RT. 80...now my car starts and it sounds like it spun a bearing ahhhhh im hoping my warranty will cover this **** man...and hopefully i didnt **** my motor up...sorry for the cursing im just a little salty i have to drive my 98 accord till i find the means to fix my baby...soo...

how did your day go guys? ugh
19'd for impending move to OT.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Blkstreak
Yeah, I dont really understand either.

Yes, I was going to help for the sole reason of helping someone in the community, but considering that's the position he wants to take, then he can take it to a shop and get it figured out himself.
i didnt really mean to come across as an ******* and i didnt mean it in any malicious way because i want to get my car fixed shiiitttt....is your offer still on the table stranger? loll
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
your wheel doesn't lock when the engine isn't running. It will lock if the key is not in the On position fyi.
i dont think i said my wheel locked i said it was a bitvh to move because the power steering i guess was off when i turned the switch off trying to restart the motor on a roll
Old Dec 4, 2009, 06:38 PM

pushing limits is one thing... being a dumba$$ ricer in a very nice car is another... I say sell it as is..

ps: is the bov still ok? if so how much?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

So whats up with the car??
Old Dec 7, 2009, 03:43 PM

update: took it to a my mechanic near my house i spun two bearings...metal shavings all in the oil filter and short block...my options are buying another stock shortblock or upgrading to a 2.3...i think im just gna get a stock shortblock and just upgrade the rods and install some racing bearings...plan also on buying a bigger turbo....and not gna forget the tune his time lol...i will be taking pictures once i order my shortblock and all the upgrading internals...btw the spun bearings had to do with my irresponsble *** not having and oil in the motor lol..
Old Dec 7, 2009, 03:47 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Sounds like fun!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

you didn't have oil in the motor? low oil? no oil? geez
Old Dec 7, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow after reading the first page of responses they pretty much cover it... but anyways
1 get rid of that **** bov
2 grow up just because an evo pulls behind you doesnt mean u have to be an *** and start tryin to race..
3 i wouldnt even try to get it coverd..
4 and final.. smart to try and race after your car is acting up... you dont deserve an evo from the sounds of it!

Gl with all!

Quick Reply: My day cant possibly get effin worse i swear.....