Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi announces Evo VIII FQ330

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2003, 05:37 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MP5

OMG I just had a brainfart- could it be??
It very well could be. shiv says he knows about the Evolution RS and mentions "The unique parts that will come standard on the RS can easily retrofitted to the current EVO."
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=45255

Those unique parts could possibly be Vishnu parts or maybe Vishnu aided in the development. Who knows. It's just an idea.

shiv, your such a tease...
Old Oct 24, 2003, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

I would be interested to see what the dealer response would be if one were to order the fq-330 replacement parts through them, maybe a member in the UK could give us the heads up on the part numbers. Dealers have been able to get JDM parts before so why not euro replacements. Are the ECUs OBD II over there?
Old Oct 24, 2003, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

so Shiv...? when's you r next east coast trip...
Old Oct 24, 2003, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

if you are reading this please make this available next year please.....
Old Oct 24, 2003, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

you guys realize that 31,999 is in pounds...

that eqautes to roughly... $54,000...

Last edited by Diesel; Oct 24, 2003 at 08:37 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 08:58 PM
In Timeout

Why do you always screw around like this? Did you do it or not? I am going to say no way but prove me wrong. Why would Mitsubishi hire a one-man team to do something with a motor that the person has only 6 months working with? If they did use you I would not trust that car. I could see if now, “Well I contacted Rallyart about the ECU upgrade but this person Shiv is the tooner of the west cost, Only problem is he is always out of product and keeps telling us next week” lol am sure if you did it you would post that **** as fast as your fingers could type. Also what's up with having to have a flash and the xede? That's pretty stupid and charging 100$ for the flash on top of the exde. Also what about stage 2? And when are you going to update your site? I have to say that the customer service sure is going down hill and I think the AEM is going to take a LOT of your business I know it has mine. I can also talk with Tym who is doing the damn AEM are you ever around to talk with?

Xede + flash = A lot of BS

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
I'm curious as to what piggy-back ECU they are running

shiv
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:09 PM
MP5
In Timeout

The sharp tool of the lot hey? The XFLash is for this little thing called closed loop- nope no tutorial look it up. Second who knows if Shiv got the special fq330 deal? Whay are you bothered? that AEM isnt for the vast vast majority of people here it also aint for an OEM car- BTW you ever owned a standalone? Do you know what your doing and realize the pain in the *** your in for? Shiv takes his sweat damn time with his packages stage 3 for the wrx still isnt out- why? who knows thats shivs business- You did the right thing hope you enjoy the AEM BTW how much did you snag it for? Sorry Ryan I usually agree with you but this is something you want to test drive someone elses for sure.

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
Why do you always screw around like this? Did you do it or not? I am going to say no way but prove me wrong. Why would Mitsubishi hire a one-man team to do something with a motor that the person has only 6 months working with? If they did use you I would not trust that car. I could see if now, “Well I contacted Rallyart about the ECU upgrade but this person Shiv is the tooner of the west cost, Only problem is he is always out of product and keeps telling us next week” lol am sure if you did it you would post that **** as fast as your fingers could type. Also what's up with having to have a flash and the xede? That's pretty stupid and charging 100$ for the flash on top of the exde. Also what about stage 2? And when are you going to update your site? I have to say that the customer service sure is going down hill and I think the AEM is going to take a LOT of your business I know it has mine. I can also talk with Tym who is doing the damn AEM are you ever around to talk with?

Xede + flash = A lot of BS

Last edited by MP5; Oct 24, 2003 at 09:13 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

This Sucks if u bought an EVO today or yesterday! lol
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:15 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Kid Lancer 7
This Sucks if u bought an EVO today or yesterday! lol
Why?
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:24 PM
In Timeout

Here is my problem, If he did it right the 1st time you would not have to add a chip. That is BS. I know back when he said that flashes are dumb and you can do all that with the xede. Now he goes on to say, You need a reflash as well as the xede? Does that not make him look like a dumbass, what about him and Al going at it a few days about? If he did his R&D right this would of never happened. Also why is the AEM so bad? All the stock sensors and just swap the computer and you can do stuff like anti-lag or whatever. I have used a Motec in the past and it really is not that bad. Also did a AEM with a turbo nsx that works great! I know it will be a little more work but we will see. Going to do it around April of next year to let the bugs get worked out. I can also drive 10 hours to Ohio and let them do the install and not have to pay 1,000 or whatever he charged to get a custome tune.

Originally posted by MP5
The sharp tool of the lot hey? The XFLash is for this little thing called closed loop- nope no tutorial look it up. Second who knows if Shiv got the special fq330 deal? Whay are you bothered? that AEM isnt for the vast vast majority of people here it also aint for an OEM car- BTW you ever owned a standalone? Do you know what your doing and realize the pain in the *** your in for? Shiv takes his sweat damn time with his packages stage 3 for the wrx still isnt out- why? who knows thats shivs business- You did the right thing hope you enjoy the AEM BTW how much did you snag it for? Sorry Ryan I usually agree with you but this is something you want to test drive someone elses for sure.

Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:57 PM
MP5
In Timeout

I see what your saying the reason why (I am just a customer so I have no knowledge of the Vishnu thought process) Shiv had not gone the reflash route was the weirdness he saw with the Tech Com flashes- Well low and behold it turned out that there wer 2 fuel and 2 timing maps Thats a problem he had to go back to the board and produce a Vishnu flash- Now the XEDE or any other non stand alone cannot mess with CL maps nor rev limiters and whatnot. The XFLash isnt needed at all with the XEDE its just going to be pretty kick *** with all the future Xede software revisions on top of the XFlash. I pardon myself for questioning your experience with stand alones youve had a Motec so if you can bear that then the AEM will be OK- But I am ASSuMIng again that Comptech had something to do with making sure your NSX was still a NSX right? Its just simply too damn difficult/pain in the ***/ and potentially dangerous for the average or even above average EVO owner to replace the ECM with a standalone. Shiv charges all of $100 for a custom 1 hour tune(tuning trip) and he even personally installs the Xede and test drives your car (though for sure he enjoyes that very much ) Look guys I know at times I might sound like a Vishnu wackjob and certainly there are other products that will fit a small minority of peeps here- you sound like the perfect candidate ryan you have the experience and patience for a stand alone. Others have some financial constraints and go a different route, other just prefer other tuners thats fine. Ryan I really wish you could get some phone time with Shiv- hese one man and everyone wants a piece of his time, Im sure he wishes he had more

Here is my problem, If he did it right the 1st time you would not have to add a chip. That is BS. I know back when he said that flashes are dumb and you can do all that with the xede. Now he goes on to say, You need a reflash as well as the xede? Does that not make him look like a dumbass, what about him and Al going at it a few days about? If he did his R&D right this would of never happened. Also why is the AEM so bad? All the stock sensors and just swap the computer and you can do stuff like anti-lag or whatever. I have used a Motec in the past and it really is not that bad. Also did a AEM with a turbo nsx that works great! I know it will be a little more work but we will see. Going to do it around April of next year to let the bugs get worked out. I can also drive 10 hours to Ohio and let them do the install and not have to pay 1,000 or whatever he charged to get a custome tune.

Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:08 PM
In Timeout

Or at lease tell your employees what is going on. I get the same **** every month, call back in a month. That is not a answer. The question then is, does Shiv do this for the money or does he REALLY like doing this, even if it was free? I feel like Buschur really does give a **** and tries his best, even though price is not a huge deal to me shiv's stuff is high. Is it a you get what you pay for? His price is par with the NSX stuff from comptech and they have a staff of over 20 and build race cars, but at least they do it right the 1st time and if you want you can talk with anyone anytime and they call you back. Again different strokes for different folks. So far the best deal seems to be the AEM, Again in 6-8 months when I do something that could be different. If I have to have someone change a few things every year to get emissions done it's not a big deal.

Originally posted by MP5
I see what your saying the reason why (I am just a customer so I have no knowledge of the Vishnu thought process) Shiv had not gone the reflash route was the weirdness he saw with the Tech Com flashes- Well low and behold it turned out that there wer 2 fuel and 2 timing maps Thats a problem he had to go back to the board and produce a Vishnu flash- Now the XEDE or any other non stand alone cannot mess with CL maps nor rev limiters and whatnot. The XFLash isnt needed at all with the XEDE its just going to be pretty kick *** with all the future Xede software revisions on top of the XFlash. I pardon myself for questioning your experience with stand alones youve had a Motec so if you can bear that then the AEM will be OK- But I am ASSuMIng again that Comptech had something to do with making sure your NSX was still a NSX right? Its just simply too damn difficult/pain in the ***/ and potentially dangerous for the average or even above average EVO owner to replace the ECM with a standalone. Shiv charges all of $100 for a custom 1 hour tune(tuning trip) and he even personally installs the Xede and test drives your car (though for sure he enjoyes that very much ) Look guys I know at times I might sound like a Vishnu wackjob and certainly there are other products that will fit a small minority of peeps here- you sound like the perfect candidate ryan you have the experience and patience for a stand alone. Others have some financial constraints and go a different route, other just prefer other tuners thats fine. Ryan I really wish you could get some phone time with Shiv- hese one man and everyone wants a piece of his time, Im sure he wishes he had more

Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:18 PM
MP5
In Timeout

That is a good point and I too get frustrated from time to time. If Shiv isnt there then I talk to Brett he isnt on the phone near as much as he used to which sucks because I wont even talk to the other two guys- Im sorry they dont know crap and usually answer in a yup/no non in depth conversation- - shiv used to have a guy named Joel that was amazing in his knowlege and personality too bad hes gone. But yea Shiv isnt running a 20+ employee business most of the shops supporting the <5K EVOs in the US arent either. I dont look at the XEDE as not doing it right the first time- you were simply wanting it to do more than you though it would. I knew there was a flash to add even more power to the XEDE before I bought- I also knew I could wait for the flash alone ot bolster the Xede with the flash- In other words I knew what I was getting into. Brett knows whats going on, but Shiv needs to relocate me to get get on the phone Hey a spicy and controversial person as myself will polarize the EVO ECM market even more! Look it worked for AL!

Or at lease tell your employees what is going on. I get the same **** every month, call back in a month. That is not a answer. The question then is, does Shiv do this for the money or does he REALLY like doing this, even if it was free? I feel like Buschur really does give a **** and tries his best, even though price is not a huge deal to me shiv's stuff is high. Is it a you get what you pay for? His price is par with the NSX stuff from comptech and they have a staff of over 20 and build race cars, but at least they do it right the 1st time and if you want you can talk with anyone anytime and they call you back. Again different strokes for different folks. So far the best deal seems to be the AEM, Again in 6-8 months when I do something that could be different. If I have to have someone change a few things every year to get emissions done it's not a big deal.

Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

once you make that much power will the drivtrain hold up and all. Don't get me wrong I would love to own this car. the fq300 is bad *** and somthing better, thats crazy.

DOes the fq's have the same drivetrain that we do (other than the goodies we got jipped on)
Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:29 PM
In Timeout

Ya, the phone time is what sucks, I could see me with a stage 2 kit and having the shop need to ask shiv something and I get brett, I could hear it now. Well Shiv is out right now he should be in sometime this week but I really don't know. That right there does not cut it for me. I have no problem spending the cash but if I can not get any support I will be VERY pissed off even if it costs a few $$$$ more I want the support. And it's only going to get worse as more people get more cars. David seems to keep all of his guys in the loop and the person getting the phones does have a clue and when I called today I had some questions and he did not bull**** me or have me call back, he found Tym and I talking with him for about 30min he did not rush at all and told me every thing that I wanted to know and then some. Now that is how it is done. Not call back or I don't know. **** he should outsource it to a answering service they would know just as much as his people do.

Originally posted by MP5
That is a good point and I too get frustrated from time to time. If Shiv isnt there then I talk to Brett he isnt on the phone near as much as he used to which sucks because I wont even talk to the other two guys- Im sorry they dont know crap and usually answer in a yup/no non in depth conversation- - shiv used to have a guy named Joel that was amazing in his knowlege and personality too bad hes gone. But yea Shiv isnt running a 20+ employee business most of the shops supporting the <5K EVOs in the US arent either. I dont look at the XEDE as not doing it right the first time- you were simply wanting it to do more than you though it would. I knew there was a flash to add even more power to the XEDE before I bought- I also knew I could wait for the flash alone ot bolster the Xede with the flash- In other words I knew what I was getting into. Brett knows whats going on, but Shiv needs to relocate me to get get on the phone Hey a spicy and controversial person as myself will polarize the EVO ECM market even more! Look it worked for AL!

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi announces Evo VIII FQ330