Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi announces Evo VIII FQ330

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Vishnu is how one should define a good business.

1. Product sells itself. - Customers breaking down their doors for more products.

2. QA/QC - They delay product release so that product is up to snuff.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Ryan you really need to relax, buddy. So far I've seen you attack people who have problems with their Evos with disbelief and sarcasm, people like me, who are interested in the Evo but wary of the problem reports, with antagonism and arrogance, and now you're attacking well-respected community members and vendors with this attitude you're copping with them.

Either relax or get the **** out.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:54 PM
In Timeout

I am just posting what happend, if you don't care don't read it. Get a EVO, then save up some money to mod it, then order some Vishnu stuff then you will understand what I am talking about. You could order the xede for your sold Acura

Originally posted by JRock
Ryan you really need to relax, buddy. So far I've seen you attack people who have problems with their Evos with disbelief and sarcasm, people like me, who are interested in the Evo but wary of the problem reports, with antagonism and arrogance, and now you're attacking well-respected community members and vendors with this attitude you're copping with them.

Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:54 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Yea Ryans been upset here lately but some of his frustration IS justified. If youve never delt with the people he wanted to do business with a couple of guys there are real stones and dont inspire confidence of smarter more informed customers- In fact I use them all the time to just plase pass the phone to Brett or Shiv- But on his defense he is a really nice guy and mostly levelheaded- We will be seeing a big setup from him in the future hes just searching for some roots in the industry right now and it would be to someones advantage to help out a newer EVO guy with the means, know how, and determination , and vocallity on the boards to Help him out at this point- He doesnt need to go away hes just a little frustrated and hey none of us are pros or perfect!
Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:55 PM
In Timeout

If #3 follow up with customers and give a date of when the product is going to be in, not a "Call back in a week answer" if you don't know tell me that before I order it. #1, and #2 will not be a problem if #3 is not fixed

Originally posted by meisnerboy
I think Vishnu is how one should define a good business.

1. Product sells itself. - Customers breaking down their doors for more products.

2. QA/QC - They delay product release so that product is up to snuff.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 05:06 PM
In Timeout

Thanks! It's funny because I do spend a lot of time talking with a lot of people off of the Internet and they say I am one of the nicest people that they have ever meet but I am a real *** on the Internet. I am going to say this. I am no bull****, if you are going to give me BS and I know it that's it. I do the same with my work, I daytrade futures and if I make a error it's 1,000 of $ in seconds! You should see me on the trading BBS's! Anyway Shiv makes a good product, The people who answer the phone are dumbasses and his product supply sucks. Other then that I guess it's not that bad. :-) I am going to do a lot of mods to the evo but I do not want to do them 2x's that is why I am going to wait to see where the problems come from and what works. 9 years ago I was the 1st in town to have a modded 3rd gen Rx-7. I had a Motec and about 15k worth of other **** on the car. It blew up and I sold the whole deal for 13k. I don't mind the money that much what I do mind is spending all that time to get it down then have it blow up. NOW they can say do this, this, and this and get this much power without a problem. I think the evo will be there in 6 months, people sure do move fast with this car and there is a pretty good base of people looking for mods so that makes the R&D get better, faster, and cheaper.

Originally posted by MP5

Yea Ryans been upset here lately but some of his frustration IS justified. If youve never delt with the people he wanted to do business with a couple of guys there are real stones and dont inspire confidence of smarter more informed customers- In fact I use them all the time to just plase pass the phone to Brett or Shiv- But on his defense he is a really nice guy and mostly levelheaded- We will be seeing a big setup from him in the future hes just searching for some roots in the industry right now and it would be to someones advantage to help out a newer EVO guy with the means, know how, and determination , and vocallity on the boards to Help him out at this point- He doesnt need to go away hes just a little frustrated and hey none of us are pros or perfect!
Old Oct 25, 2003, 05:45 PM
Ron
Evolving Member

Ryan--

Chill the **** out. The parts will be ready when they're ready. No amount of stamping your feet or whining will make them materialize faster.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

I myself know Ryan we went on a North Ga mountain ride a few months ago for a sunday drive after our Evo get together here in Atlanta. I can speak up for him he really is a nice guy and very interested in purchasing alot of stuff for his Evo.
I can understand the frustration he sometimes has but can state he should not be judged to hastly on his comments or concerns.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
Thanks! It's funny because I do spend a lot of time talking with a lot of people off of the Internet and they say I am one of the nicest people that they have ever meet but I am a real *** on the Internet.
Me too actually

We're probably more alike than different, scary as that may be.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:43 PM
In Timeout

No need to chill out, I just will not order from them that will help someone else get there stuff faster.

Originally posted by Ron
Ryan--

Chill the **** out. The parts will be ready when they're ready. No amount of stamping your feet or whining will make them materialize faster.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:46 PM
In Timeout

I just rode in a Evo tonight the blue one up here in kennesaw, it has the FMIC, David's Turbo back with high flow cat, intake, and the SAFC. This car ROCKED! I have to say it is like a different car. Also with the high flow cat it was not loud at all and from what people were saying it was super loud. That is not the case at all. The fit and finish is also really nice. I think this car put do around 280-290 and I think stock is like 220ish? Super fast and the top end just rocked on this car! Man I may have to do that turbo back and a few little things before I get that AEM

Originally posted by MYEVOVIII
I myself know Ryan we went on a North Ga mountain ride a few months ago for a sunday drive after our Evo get together here in Atlanta. I can speak up for him he really is a nice guy and very interested in purchasing alot of stuff for his Evo.
I can understand the frustration he sometimes has but can state he should not be judged to hastly on his comments or concerns.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:47 PM
In Timeout

LOL, you had a acura I had a acura Do you have a brother named Bobby?

Me too actually

We're probably more alike than different, scary as that may be.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jfh

Shiv was at BM Tranny in Bound Brook, NJ today!

He tuned my Stage One, 314 WHP/278 TQ! That'll walk on a FQ 330! No nav system, alcantra leather, or warranty though.

Remember that the FQ 330 comes with mods already installed. Do not expect to add an additional 70WHP from relatively inexpensive bolt-ons. If you are inclined to try, there goes the warranty, which brings it all back to the nav system, alcantra leather, and the all important FQ-330 badging.
hey there jfh...like the numbers....
did Shiv do a baseline run on what you currently had installed?
was that figure still about 272 (altered atmosphere this year)?
I assume you did not sell your sig downpipe after all but retained it?
was this dyno a dynojet again?
Old Oct 26, 2003, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I thought this thread was about a new level of Evo. All I've been reading about is some guy who is really a nice guy and we shouldn't judge cause he acts like an *** on the internet. WTF?
Old Oct 26, 2003, 07:11 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
No need to chill out, I just will not order from them that will help someone else get there stuff faster.

Yes, and you'll drama up every Vishnu thread and make us sift through your crap. We understand EXACTLY what your plight is. I do hope you get your issues resolved, but please move on; you sound like a broken record.