Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which one would you buy? state your reason
Jdm Rear
83.16%
Ebay Replica
16.84%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Evo JDM Rear bumper or Ebay Replica

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stockie
My minds not set...

Im leaning toward the ebay replica...

But if i here jdm is better in ___ and ____ oh and .... ____ then i'd get the jdm. but as of right now. It seems like most of you guys are paying for the bragging rights... "yeah i have a jdm, straight up from japan!" and you want your friends to go "ooooooo" someone please tell me its not all about the bragging factor.
sounds like bragging rights to me
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Murf
550+ shipping at driveline motoring, and already painted.
WHAT!?! umm i dont think so?? if so PM me lol cause i want one rite now lol
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Murf
550+ shipping at driveline motoring, and already painted.
more like 700$
Old Jul 15, 2010, 02:18 PM

my jdm fits sweeeeeet!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:44 PM

I would just like to say i have a ebay JDM rear bumper and...
it fits like $#!@ !!!!!!!!!!!!
im going to have to get a real one later im just poor as anything now and i got another ebay front bumper which came in the deal and its also crap...
im so disappointed in myself

But i did get some nice Wide front fenders on ebay and those are pretty nice!
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Get what you want..Ive heard ebays turning out great ive heard them turning out like garbage its a gamble. Most people do jdm for bragging rights its funny to listen to people say they dont. for fitment and paint id go jdm on this one, for tails you can get replicas for over 200 cheaper on ebay with no quality defects. just my .02
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you can buy a real jdm rear on the sale fourms here for like 450+shipping i see them alot just have it repainted to your color and your good
Old Jul 19, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

This is another one of those battles. I myself prefer the real deal. I was able to afford it and the replica +paint is about the same price. are you gonna get a crap paint job that might not be a perfect match? well that's what you'll get if you decide to save a few bucks and get a cheap (as in quality and price) paint job. i'm not saying that all inexpensive paint jobs suck, but just that it's a gamble. As others are pointing out that the replicas are also a gamble with the fitting issues, then that's another few bucks for the shop to fit something that's supposed to fit. the final nail in the coffin for me was the material. Lets say that someone love taps me or my dumbass decides to back into a high curb or something, the replica will probably crack under pressure while the jdm one will bend and you will be able to bend it back, with damage of course.

I'd get the real one for these issues if i were you, if you can't afford it then i would say wait til you get the $$$ for one. It's not an essential mod anyways compared to your maintenance to keep the car running.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I have a Replica JDM Rear but its not from Ebay. I picked it up from a shop in Maryland called Chaser Aerodynamics. Fitment was good but it cost me $280 picked up.... The Ebay one is $300 shipped. I was in the same predicament as I also have a friend that has body shop and he actually installed it for me after painting it.

I cannot comment on the Ebay version but I assume its not perfect as some people already said. I am quite happy with my Replica and my buddy who has over 15 years in the Autobody business did an awesome job. I had him paint the diffuser Phantom Black to make stand out a bit as the GG OEM JDM rears almost seem like one color. Here are some Iphone pics.

I live in the DC area so another reason why I went with this one as opposed to a real OEM JDM rear is the possibilities of being rear ended here is very high. So I rather be out a replica and replace it later with an OEM one should that happen. As for the whole bragging rights... I could care less what people say. I can afford the OEM JDM rear but spending $830 shipped for a real one(yes that's what they are going for, prices have gone up!) as opposed to $300 bucks, to me its a no brainer... I am really happy with how it came out...

again this is what worked out best for me so if you want to flame on because its a replica then go on... people get flamed here for buying Rotas as opposed to Volks too. Here are the pics.

Name:  1279429401.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  1279429536.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  65.1 KB

Last edited by Astro_Train; Jul 19, 2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't take the chance. JDM FTW!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:19 AM

if you get a fake bumper, what's next? fake taillights, HID's..... it never ends. It depends on your budget.