Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Poor, Sad Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well at least they will fix it, and we will have not lost another IX. I am happy to see that it looks like everything is going to work out for you.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

thats why I'd never let my girl touch my evo LOL
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:34 AM

thanks God your wife its ok, but dude
get the wife her own car hehehe.
sorry for the car still can get fixed pretty nice.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tonyp1025
thanks God your wife its ok, but dude
get the wife her own car hehehe.
sorry for the car still can get fixed pretty nice.
His wife does have her own car. It just so happens that she enjoys to drive the Evo just as much as he does. We all should be so lucky as to have a woman that enjoys the thrill of speed as much as we do.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by charon2123
She actually enjoys driving it, just an unlucky occurrence. The car that hit her was beside a turning truck and my wife couldn't see him. Everyone went to the hospital, but she and the baby (we are 8 months pregnant) were ok. The guy seemed alright too.
whew, that would given me a hell of a scare. At those forces of collision Im surprised she didn't go into labor-- glad everyone is ok. I just did $11k in damage to my '03 and insurance covered it-- a real surprise to me. Good luck.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

ok. i totalled my car just a couple months ago and i also had quite a few mods on it. the insurance sold it back to me for 1600 and i got well over a few grand for it. if you have the time to be able to strip it out and sell it or put it on your other car, then i would definitely say do it.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:57 AM

I'm happy to see that everyone is doing ok! Cars are replaceable but people are not!

-Shane
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

very true
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hope you plan on keeping that car until the wheels fall off because you just shot its resale value considering it has frame damage and 11k dollars of damage. the total at the end will probably end up being more like 15k worth of damage.

my fiance was hit by a drunk driver, insurance estimated 2500 for repair took it to their body shop came back 1 month later with a bill for the insurance at 11,500 after cost of rental (1200). we had just paid 13500 for the car about 7-8 months ago. currently we have a lawyer suing for damages, injuries (she did 3 months of therapy) and diminished value.

remember right now body shops are looking for work they dont make any money if they tell the insurance company yeah its going to cost too much and should be totaled out. My GUESS is the total bill will eat up the 7k they "have to work with". if they tell the insurance company straight out it will be 15-18k then they would probably total it, this way they say 11k tack on the rest later after most of the work is done.

just my .02 after my fiances stuff I would have rather just had her car totaled, seeing that its value went from 10,500 to about 7k maybe (07 scion tc with 49k miles) previously had all work done @ the dealership all documented perfect, now has a 10k body repair to it.

when all is done if they do fix it and ANYTHING doesnt feel right TAKE IT BACK. We took the TC back 3 times, once for bad paint and twice because the brakes were bad

Last edited by lancer0220; Dec 18, 2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 01:06 PM

I should be able to keep it for $2500-$4500. Buy it back and part it out. I'll be buying front bumper from you.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Make sure your shop knows what they are doing....

I bought a wreck for a track car conversion. The car was hit on the DS front, and had some some damage on the DS side.

Here was my frame "after" the first frame shop said that it was "in spec".

First frame shop did not have the tools to appropriately measure all the points so they did it manually

Remember, when one side is hit, it effects the entire car to varying degrees!

Old Dec 20, 2009, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks a lot for the information. Apparently, the place my car is at is one of the best in my city, everyone speaks very highly of them and I have never heard anything negative. I think they are one of the only places in Clarksville that would have an actual frame measurement machine.

How did you know the car wasn't right? Did it pull, or just not feel right?
Old Dec 20, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by charon2123
Thanks a lot for the information. Apparently, the place my car is at is one of the best in my city, everyone speaks very highly of them and I have never heard anything negative. I think they are one of the only places in Clarksville that would have an actual frame measurement machine.

How did you know the car wasn't right? Did it pull, or just not feel right?

It became apparent when my the motor was in the car as it just "looked" a little off. We took it to a frame shop that did the laser measurement and got the results.

The results were actually a blessing in disguise because we were able to see the issues with the rear of the car (even though it was never hit in the rear).

The first frame shop never even checked the rear measurements.

The chassis place that was doing the cage botched this up by using this particular frame shop which they said was "great". Good thing was they stepped up and refunded the money.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 07:16 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
see if they'll fix that front 02 sensor while they are at it matt hehe

for those who don't know, matt's wife loves driving the evo, she was driving when we tuned it
Old Dec 20, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
see if they'll fix that front 02 sensor while they are at it matt hehe

for those who don't know, matt's wife loves driving the evo, she was driving when we tuned it
I changed it out the night before by myself, had to take off the manifold to reach it The car was driving good and I had just received the Tactrix cable in the mail right before the accident.

Yeah, her driving during the tune was a bribe for letting me mod it 'just a little bit more'

Quick Reply: My Poor, Sad Evo