Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My IX GSR + Snow = :(

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:36 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
typical evo M trash response.....
haha get over yourself. You know I'm right.

If I could drive absolutely fine passing cars uphill on all seasons then either I'm god or people just can't drive.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin.

If I could drive absolutely fine passing cars uphill on all seasons then either I'm god or people just can't drive.
To this kid^ let me guess your 17 and your mommy and daddy bought you your car and told you it was awd just like all the big trucks right hahaha,. get a life tires dont make you god and i hope to god that gets proven to you first and you end up in the gaurd rail . please keep me updated with pics of when this happens

Now woow you guys are harsh! In my development out east on LI it was plowed once and its very hilly. Needless to say i couldnt even get down the street in my SNOW tires and got stuck. I dont see how not being able to drive in snow with an awd makes someone a bad driver. Anyone who thinks that should just kill themselves now. Anyone who thinks just by putting snow tires on there car they can drive anyone can also pull ther trigger. Im sorry to the thread starter that theres people out there with no common sense. I also love how theres some people on here and it was stated before the EVO trash that live in places like TEXAS that never see snow hahahaha.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Finaly, a sensible person

Anyways, lets just let this topic die before a flamewar comes in about damn tires and we get the banhammer out.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
SNOW TIRES! I have no sympathy for you idiots who attempt to drive in the winter (snowy/icey climates) with summer tires and crash your cars. These cars are fun as hell in the snow and handle incredibly well when properly equipped.
and just to prove my point. this is an epic fail^ dude you live in Texas. So suppose youd be the go to guy for anything winter related on evos right?? haha
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by streetracerkam
Finaly, a sensible person

Anyways, lets just let this topic die before a flamewar comes in about damn tires and we get the banhammer out.
dude im sorry i totally feel you. I tried leaving my devolpment yesterday with blizzaks and couldnt. I guess my car didnt have the godly power these *******s who keep commenting do.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

lol, shame, and i was just about to pray to Kevins godly TB VIII for some insight. ^_^
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
I drove my old Evo last year with all-season tires. The car was EVERYwhere. Any throttle input and the back-end stepped out.

This year, on my new Evo, I'm using Blizzacks.... WOW! Never knew they could do so well. They almost ruin the fun, but with enough throttle, you can still have all the sideways fun. It just takes more effort.

While driving on the blizzacks, I almost forget I'm on 3 inches of snow.

I highly recommend two sets of wheels, or ATLEAST two sets of tires so you can run a summer tire and a snow tires. All-season's SUCK no matter what the weather is.

+1!!! I had some Toyo Proxes T1R on mine when i bought it, I pretty was stuck at my office. I pretty much drove 10 all the way home, 5 miles. I got the Blizzaks in the mail and once I got them on, it was like a tank!! Day and Night! This car is unbelievable in the snow!!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

I have tried different winter tyres and Michelin X-ICE XI2 is the best

Last edited by raidokoiv; Dec 21, 2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin.

or you can go f*ck yourself
people like you are the reason this forum completely blows now

but its okay, cause your the only person that paid for your evo yourself so you can talk to the rest of us like that i guess. your just a clown.end topic
Old Dec 22, 2009, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I have NEVER gotten stuck in NE winters with my EVO on snow tires EVER ANYWHERE. NJ, PA,Ski trips to VT, NH before, during, and after huge *** snow storms. 5th winter

This from the time my car was stock till now when it has GODLY power.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah summer tires will never work in the winter anything under like 45 is to cold
Old Dec 22, 2009, 07:50 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by 06redrocket
To this kid^ let me guess your 17 and your mommy and daddy bought you your car and told you it was awd just like all the big trucks right hahaha,. get a life tires dont make you god and i hope to god that gets proven to you first and you end up in the gaurd rail . please keep me updated with pics of when this happens

Now woow you guys are harsh! In my development out east on LI it was plowed once and its very hilly. Needless to say i couldnt even get down the street in my SNOW tires and got stuck. I dont see how not being able to drive in snow with an awd makes someone a bad driver. Anyone who thinks that should just kill themselves now. Anyone who thinks just by putting snow tires on there car they can drive anyone can also pull ther trigger. Im sorry to the thread starter that theres people out there with no common sense. I also love how theres some people on here and it was stated before the EVO trash that live in places like TEXAS that never see snow hahahaha.
haha I'm a 21 year old full time college student at that bought his own car. Your names redrocket haha

Originally Posted by 06redrocket
and just to prove my point. this is an epic fail^ dude you live in Texas. So suppose youd be the go to guy for anything winter related on evos right?? haha
He's from MN idiot, I'm new here and I even know that. Learn how to multi-quote idiot.

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
or you can go f*ck yourself
people like you are the reason this forum completely blows now

but its okay, cause your the only person that paid for your evo yourself so you can talk to the rest of us like that i guess. your just a clown.end topic
Keep crying lil man. It's retarded to make a thread about how an EVO won't go anywhere in snow with summer tires. It's common sense.

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I have NEVER gotten stuck in NE winters with my EVO on snow tires EVER ANYWHERE. NJ, PA,Ski trips to VT, NH before, during, and after huge *** snow storms. 5th winter

This from the time my car was stock till now when it has GODLY power.
Here's another person who knows how to drive in snow, he must be a god as well.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

this thread went from dumb to really dumb fast.

x2 for someone who never had an issue driving in ANY snow in my EVO. Tires make all the difference, but no tire in the world can make up for a stupid, over confident driver who thinks their car can defy the laws of physics. You just have to "know how to drive" for the conditions. Over 105k daily driven miles in all kinds of weather. Even driving from Maine NH all the way down to PA in a snow storm was no problem.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

im not sure how this thread got like this but i do feel sorry if you feel the evo can't drive in the snow with snow tires. Living in the midwest, we see plenty of snow and I have never once gotten stuck when i had my snow tires on.

for the guy who said he drove in 18 inches of snow, was this on all seasons or summer tires. if you did that in summer tires, HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE pile of BS. Evo's won't even get down a street in summer tires with an inch or two of snow on the road....

To the OP, what did you end up doing, did you get some snow tires or going with all seaons?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
for the guy who said he drove in 18 inches of snow, was this on all seasons or summer tires. if you did that in summer tires, HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE pile of BS. Evo's won't even get down a street in summer tires with an inch or two of snow on the road....
Oh really? I drove around all weekend on my Falken Ziex's with about 60% tread left. This started with about an inch on the road, and at it's worst, about 8 inches (sometimes a bit more) on the road. Didn't have one issue the entire time. In fact, I had an absolute blast. Some of you idiots just need to learn how to drive in the snow.

Funny that someone suggested the OP spend some money on an SUV beater. I drove past all kinds of trucks and SUVs overturned in the ditch.

Quick Reply: My IX GSR + Snow = :(