Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need your opinion

hey guys ive been a member for a long time but i just read the threads and keep to my self. but now its time to get some fellow evo drivers opinions. i have a 2005 gg mr. i bought the car with 4k on it in 2006 for 27k the car now only has 9k on it and is hands down in ammaculate condtion. i am a 19 yr student but i have the respect this car desirves. because i had to pay for the car myself and i did the research and waited to get the exact model i wanted. i did the basic bolt on mods mbc, turboback exhaust uicp licp fmic small battery fuel pump and more. i had sean ivey tune the car in the spring and it made 320whp and 316 wtq. sean said that it was one of the cleanest engine bays hes ever seen. so my question is do i keep modding the car or do i buy a new one. i dont think it makes much since to change the tranny clutch transfer case and turbo on a car with only 9k on it. i have roughly 20k to screw around with but idk what i should do.......so if u guys have any opinions on what to do i would greatly appreciate it
Old Dec 20, 2009, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Save the money for college. Leave the Evo alone.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznEvoIX
+1

college first!
Old Dec 20, 2009, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

i think i would start with another car before i started building a car with only 9k. its pretty much brand new. i would try to pick up one for around 11-13k and start going crazy with that car. but like the 2 ppl said before me saving the money for college isn't a bad idea itself
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:35 PM

save the money til u finish college
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Trust me. College is more expensive than Evo + Evo Parts + Labor... Combined.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, and please, drive the Evo. Its not a Ferrari. No point in buying something and not enjoying it.

Its like having a hot supermodel girlfriend, and not ****ing the **** out of her every night while she is draining your bank account.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its mint right now i'd leave it alone.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:41 PM

Oh, and please, drive the Evo. Its not a Ferrari. No point in buying something and not enjoying it.

Its like having a hot supermodel girlfriend, and not ****ing the **** out of her every night while she is draining your bank account.
lol i agree
Old Dec 21, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

college is already paid for through my academic scholar ship and i do drive the car on occasion but i wont take it out in the rain and its never even seen snow thru the garage lol......... i agree with leaving my evo with 9k alone but idk if i have any space in the driveway for anymore cars. i currently have a 2001 sh prelude, that im parting out i have a 99 hyundia that im parting out and i have my 03 cavalier sport thats my dd. i know that im way over pretective about the car, for the 1st 6 months i wouldnt let any of my friends wear shoes in the car, the car still has that new car smell n its not from a air freshener its oem lol. i read a thread about young kids getting evos awhile back when i just got mine and it was something i took to heart about being smart and respecting the car, n sure i went over board with the cleanings and the waxings but i am just doing exactly what i think the car desirves. ...............................i want to get like a 03 evo base model and put either a 2.1 stroker or a 2.3 long block in the car with a 35r or bigger but the build i figure if i do it all at once will be about 17k-22k after the 12-15k for the new car ..........what do u guys think?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:45 AM

save your money bro. Get your education!!!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

my education is already paided for. so this is just extra money i have
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Ah, since everything is given to you, you can give me your Evo as a Christmas present. =)
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

hahaha i really wish that was the case. it would have made it alot eaiser if everything was givin to me, unfortunately it wasnt and just like most evo owners i had to earn the money to buy my car with no help from anyone else. i fortunately dont have a payment so it makes it a little eaiser but i do pay 570 a month just for the evo to be insured due to my age and previous driving history lol.....