Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Going to College so Evo has to go - Need Advice :(

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha thanks everyone for the suggestions and all the goodluck. Feels weird that I'm gonna be heading to college at the age of 23 living on campus and all, but its better late then never. I'm just glad I didn't get tied up in something that would prevent me from experiencing something different, like living in a different state then Maryland. I've lived here my whole life and am looking forward to heading south for a little while. I'm still waiting to hear back from the colleges that I applied to. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 06:56 PM

i want to get a srt4 as a dd there sick and got good gas milage
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

what school in Florida where you thinking about coming too?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

I'm looking at University of South Florida and Florida Atlantic University.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

i think you should sell me your evo and ill give you my srt ! over 400whp and a hell of a lot cheaper than the evo!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

If you had a GLI, I would consider it lol. What kind of gas mileage are you getting the SRT4 with 400whp?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by XtoEvolution
If you had a GLI, I would consider it lol. What kind of gas mileage are you getting the SRT4 with 400whp?
to tell you the truth, i have never really calculated it that closely. but, it has a small 12.5 gallon tank and city driving i would get upwards near 200 miles with a little under 1/4 of a tank left... roughly 15-17mpg. but it also depends on how you drive it. i dont take long highway trips so i couldnt give you a ballpark on that. Go WOT and it loooooooves sucking up gas and meth
Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

p.s. sell me your evo haha
Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

If you don't need four seats, get a 90-97 Miata. It's the best cheap sports car for the buck, bar none. I've had four of them and have modified almost everything you can think of (endless cheap and cool mods) and equal to my Evo IX, which I sold recently, it was the most fun car I've ever driven. Good mileage, cheap to insure, cheap to maintain, cheap mods, ***** reliable, great handling, rear-wheel-drive, truly fun, great on the track and autocross -- you name it.

(And to anyone who calls it gay or girly, I say . It's consistently ranked by reviewers and enthusiasts alike as one of the ten best sports cars out there, and driven mainly by straight men, so bite me! )
Attached Thumbnails Going to College so Evo has to go - Need Advice :(-dsc_5783-medium-.jpg  
Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm doing the opposite... buying an evo while finishing school lol. I should be saving but its to hard to drive an auto lancer and see evos around. Kills me.

I vote a 98-01 Subaru IMpreza 2.5 RS. AWD goodness, fun little cars, and its a scoobie, so you know its reliable. I found one with all leather interior with 48k on it for 6 grand... I didn't jump fast enough and it sold. Regret.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 05:58 AM

Find a 97 to 99 Eclipse GS-T or X. It was one of the most reliable cars that i've owned and pretty good gas mileage if it wasn't WOT. I got around 350 miles to the tank or so driving around 70mph. I don't usually drive fast unless needed. Good luck with school. Your Evo awaits for the day you are done with school again.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rod Munch
If you don't need four seats, get a 90-97 Miata. It's the best cheap sports car for the buck, bar none. I've had four of them and have modified almost everything you can think of (endless cheap and cool mods) and equal to my Evo IX, which I sold recently, it was the most fun car I've ever driven. Good mileage, cheap to insure, cheap to maintain, cheap mods, ***** reliable, great handling, rear-wheel-drive, truly fun, great on the track and autocross -- you name it.

(And to anyone who calls it gay or girly, I say . It's consistently ranked by reviewers and enthusiasts alike as one of the ten best sports cars out there, and driven mainly by straight men, so bite me! )
I rented a Miata and drove from LA to San Francisco up the PCH. I had so much fun on that trip. The Miata really is an amazing car and I also recommend that as an option. You may want to check out the GRM forums for more information on the car.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 01:23 PM

School is definitely more important than a car, and don't feel bad about being old in school, I'm 25 and I'm a freshman, yikes.

Anywho, it just so happens that a) I am looking for a WW IX, and b) I have a pretty clean IS300 i'm trying to get rid of...

What do you think you'll be selling your car for? PM me if you feel more comfortable doing so.

-Eric
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

i wont give mine up. go to school and work. just cant let mine go.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Instigator99
School is definitely more important than a car, and don't feel bad about being old in school, I'm 25 and I'm a freshman, yikes.

Anywho, it just so happens that a) I am looking for a WW IX, and b) I have a pretty clean IS300 i'm trying to get rid of...

What do you think you'll be selling your car for? PM me if you feel more comfortable doing so.

-Eric
Are you staying on campus? And when I go to sell it it will probably be for around 21-22.

Quick Reply: Going to College so Evo has to go - Need Advice :(